Dan Snyder Is Selling the Washington Franchise

MKnight82

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

“Explore” a sale is a whole lot different than actually doing it. I remain unconvinced. 

You don't go this far without having already laid the groundwork. The Lerners did the same thing but everybody knew what it meant. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You don't go this far without having already laid the groundwork. The Lerners did the same thing but everybody knew what it meant. 

Ya.  Major corporations don't go public with something like this unless its legit.  

• Like 3

I don’t want to be an annoying “not so fast, we don’t know exactly what this means” lawyer type, but…

Not so fast, we don’t know exactly what this means. 

The statement says “potential transactions.” That’s painfully vague. I would agree that the most likely explanation is that it’s typical mealy-mouthed Snyder BS, and he just doesn’t want to come out and say he’s selling the team because it makes him look weak and like he got forced out. 

But I think they are definitely trying to leave open the door for some sort of heroic minority owner candidate to swoop in and save them. He needs cash and he needs to get a stadium, and that’s not happening on his own at this point. But I will pretty much guarantee that he’s out there beating the bushes for wealthy folks with a strong public image who might be willing to join with him (and become the public face of the team) to get things moving in the right direction again. 

I doubt that anyone like that exists, so I’m celebrating like everyone else. But guardedly. This guy is a weasel and a snake oil salesman, and I’ve worked with enough weasels and snake oil salesmen to know that when they specifically choose to use intentionally vague terms, they’re doing it so they can later justify going back on what they *seemed* to be saying. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

I don’t want to be an annoying “not so fast, we don’t know exactly what this means” lawyer type, but…

Not so fast, we don’t know exactly what this means. 

The statement says “potential transactions.” That’s painfully vague. I would agree that the most likely explanation is that it’s typical mealy-mouthed Snyder BS, and he just doesn’t want to come out and say he’s selling the team because it makes him look weak and like he got forced out. 

But I think they are definitely trying to leave open the door for some sort of heroic minority owner candidate to swoop in and save them. He needs cash and he needs to get a stadium, and that’s not happening on his own at this point. But I will pretty much guarantee that he’s out there beating the bushes for wealthy folks with a strong public image who might be willing to join with him (and become the public face of the team) to get things moving in the right direction again. 

I doubt that anyone like that exists, so I’m celebrating like everyone else. But guardedly. This guy is a weasel and a snake oil salesman, and I’ve worked with enough weasels and snake oil salesmen to know that when they specifically choose to use intentionally vague terms, they’re doing it so they can later justify going back on what they *seemed* to be saying. 

I'm not buying that.  Snyder has no interest in paying for a stadium, even if it was partially financed by an incoming minority owner.  Even with new money coming in as the majority owner he would be expected to pay a significant portion of the stadium cost, which I don't believe he is ever willing to do. He wants a free handout from the taxpayers to pay for his stadium, which has been his whole intention the entire time.