Week 9 Thread: Vikings at Washington - The One Where Snyder Sells

MikeT14

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

I don't want to give up a 2nd rounder next year, but how can some of you insist on TH continuing??? He beat the Packers and the Colts with Sam Ellinger! You see what the Patriots did to them yesterday? I agree that Turner is the worst OC in the NFL and Rivera is close to the worst coach in the NFL but stop acting like we won those games because of TH. Our defense (Jon Allen and Daron Payne) and offensive weapons (Terry and Gibson) won us those games. Ya TH has moxy and heart but that's it. If I wasn't a fan of Washington I'd love watching Taylor because he's "fun" but as a fan it drives me absolutely nuts watching him continuously underthrow deep balls and overthrow short routes. He's guaranteed AT LEAST 1 turnover a game and the last 2 weeks have come at the worst possible times. No Carson didn't play well either but he also faced the Eagles, Cowboys, and Titans in his 3 of his 6 games, and the Bears haven't looked like slouches in the last 3 games since we played them either. Some of you get so blinded by what the media says about players and refuse to make judgements on your own. If you want to argue for Howell then I'm all for that, but quit with the Taylor experience, we've seen it all and it's not conducive to anything successful. 

I don't care about Taylor playing. I care about Wentz playing in a lost season with a lame-duck regime and giving up a 2nd round pick. We were 1-4 and spiraling towards 1-5 but the Bears refused to kick field goals. Wentz was absolutely awful against the Lions and put us behind 24-0 because of it. He got sacked 9 times against the Eagles and then threw the game away on the one yard line against the Titans. The defense held the Cowboys as long as they could but Wentz simply did nothing. The best thing that ever happened to this team was Wentz getting injured because it stopped them from continuing to play him. Hell, in Wentz best game of the season he still tried to give it away with two pics against the Jags. I really have no idea what people saw out of Wentz to want to trot him back out there? I feel like I'm living in bizarro world where it was a different guy you all saw wearing that #11 jersey...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I don't care about Taylor playing. I care about Wentz playing in a lost season with a lame-duck regime and giving up a 2nd round pick. We were 1-4 and spiraling towards 1-5 but the Bears refused to kick field goals. Wentz was absolutely awful against the Lions and put us behind 24-0 because of it. He got sacked 9 times against the Eagles and then threw the game away on the one yard line against the Titans. The defense held the Cowboys as long as they could but Wentz simply did nothing. The best thing that ever happened to this team was Wentz getting injured because it stopped them from continuing to play him. Hell, in Wentz best game of the season he still tried to give it away with two pics against the Jags. I really have no idea what people saw out of Wentz to want to trot him back out there? I feel like I'm living in bizarro world where it was a different guy you all saw wearing that #11 jersey...

Unless the front office changes their stance on letting Sam Howell play, the obvious choice is Carson Wentz. 

Like I said before, we the fans dont want to lose the 2nd round pick, but this team ensured it would he a 2nd round pick by agreeing to the terms of the trade. 

15 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Depending when the new owner comes. If it’s around March we will have to keep Rivera around for a year . Hoping the deal gets done January and we can restart everything .

get rid of wentz/the coaching staff/fo.

I’m hoping that the new owner at least hires his own GM & takes full control away from Rivera even if the sale doesn’t happen until March. 

39 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Taylor just threw for 149 yards against the 28th ranked pass defense. He had 140 against the Colts until the last 2 drives, which obviously count in the end but was terrible until then but finished with 279. He had 201 against the Packers. Also threw picks in each game. Wentz only threw for 99 against the Bears with a broken finger on his throwing hand, 349 against the Titans, 170 against the Cowboys, 211 against the Eagles, 337 against the Lions, and 313 against the Jags, and you say "tried to lose the game against the Jags" but also made throws down the stretch that Taylor CAN'T. I obviously hope Taylor comes out and lights it up against the Eagles and proves me wrong but I have a strong feeling they are going to make him look even worse than they made Carson look. Taylor just doesn't have the ceiling Carson does, I have no idea why you hate Carson so much, but he's better than Taylor, and the defense has been better and if they continue to play this way it will put the offense in better chances. 

15 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Taylor just threw for 149 yards against the 28th ranked pass defense. He had 140 against the Colts until the last 2 drives, which obviously count in the end but was terrible until then but finished with 279. He had 201 against the Packers. Also threw picks in each game. Wentz only threw for 99 against the Bears with a broken finger on his throwing hand, 349 against the Titans, 170 against the Cowboys, 211 against the Eagles, 337 against the Lions, and 313 against the Jags, and you say "tried to lose the game against the Jags" but also made throws down the stretch that Taylor CAN'T. I obviously hope Taylor comes out and lights it up against the Eagles and proves me wrong but I have a strong feeling they are going to make him look even worse than they made Carson look. Taylor just doesn't have the ceiling Carson does, I have no idea why you hate Carson so much, but he's better than Taylor, and the defense has been better and if they continue to play this way it will put the offense in better chances. 

You’re forgetting something, the sacks. Carson does pretty well when he has time to get passes off, but he rarely avoids sacks or creates off-schedule plays like he used to when he was younger.

Its true that when there’s a clean pocket Wentz is the better QB but behind this OL our pocket is rarely clean. 

And we going to pretend that Wentz hasn’t had some awful ints as well? Two awful back to back ints vs the Jaga that nearly lost us that win. An awful int vs the Cowboys at our own 20 which basically sealed the loss for us. The bad int at the end of the game vs the Titans on a game we should’ve won. 

Wentz thew an int in every game this year as well except for the two games that he didn’t throw TD passes in, the Eagles & Bears games.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You’re forgetting something, the sacks. Carson does pretty well when he has time to get passes off, but he rarely avoids sacks or creates off-schedule plays like he used to when he was younger.

Its true that when there’s a clean pocket Wentz is the better QB but behind this OL our pocket is rarely clean. 

And we going to pretend that Wentz hasn’t had some awful ints as well? Two awful back to back ints vs the Jaga that nearly lost us that win. An awful int vs the Cowboys at our own 20 which basically sealed the loss for us. The bad int at the end of the game vs the Titans on a game we should’ve won. 

Wentz thew an int in every game this year as well except for the two games that he didn’t throw TD passes in, the Eagles & Bears games.

I have made it well known that him taking sacks is a problem, and that his mobility is his biggest downfall at this point. His other problem is not getting the ball to Terry enough. But one of the INT's against Jacksonville was just a really good play by Travon Walker on a poorly set up play. The other one was bad as was the INT against the Titans, but also on that play 2 of the 5 routes reached the endzone from the 2 yardline! Scott Turner doesn't know how to set up plays to use his players to their strengths. TH took a couple bad sacks yesterday too but I suppose you don't want to talk about your darling like that? And against the Cowboys we had 2 INT's get taken away on defense that completely changed the game. I am in no way saying that Carson Wentz is our future or is good, but to say that he doesn't give us the best chance on offense to succeed is wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Troublez said:

It's either Sam Howell or Taylor Heineke.... for two reasons:

1) Wentz f***** sucks 

2) We would be paying a premium (Ala 2nd round pick) for terrible qb play

I really don't think this fan base gets it. Ron Rivera doesn't care what the fans want him to do. He doesn't care about the 2nd round pick. He claims he beat the table to bring Wentz here. Wentz will start when he is healthy. Wentz is "their guy" this year. 

18 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I really don't think this fan base gets it. Ron Rivera doesn't care what the fans want him to do. He doesn't care about the 2nd round pick. He claims he beat the table to bring Wentz here. Wentz will start when he is healthy. Wentz is "their guy" this year. 

This is true

Edited by IHatesnyder

1 hour ago, Scott Land said:

There is no ceiling for Carson. That crashed in three years ago. This is what’s left of Carson Wentz. What you’re expecting to happen is beyond me? He’s big and he can throw far, that’s about all he’s got left now. He can’t run, he’s horribly inaccurate on short to mid throws and we were awful with him starting.

He doesn’t provide the best chance to win as evidenced by the fact he he had a 2-4 record and giving him the Bears game is outrageously generous of me. He’s a much more gifted QB than Heinecke I’ll give you that but I don’t think he’s the better QB at this point. He’s a shell of what he used to be. This is not much different than when we traded for McNabb. The version we got was the beat up broken down version. 

24 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

There is no ceiling for Carson. That crashed in three years ago. This is what’s left of Carson Wentz. What you’re expecting to happen is beyond me? He’s big and he can throw far, that’s about all he’s got left now. He can’t run, he’s horribly inaccurate on short to mid throws and we were awful with him starting.

He doesn’t provide the best chance to win as evidenced by the fact he he had a 2-4 record and giving him the Bears game is outrageously generous of me. He’s a much more gifted QB than Heinecke I’ll give you that but I don’t think he’s the better QB at this point. He’s a shell of what he used to be. This is not much different than when we traded for McNabb. The version we got was the beat up broken down version. 

Carson Wentz was on pace to throw for over 4,200 yards and 28 touchdowns. Would've been more had he not broken a finger on his throwing hand against the bears and Curtis not dropping a easy 45 yard td. Haven't seen that since Kirk. No he's not a pro bowl player anymore, but quit acting like he is some complete joke because that's what you see the analysts on ESPN say, half of them know next to nothing about football. Taylor Heinicke threw for 3400 and 20 touchdowns last year.

He threw 2 int's against the Jags but did he come back and win or not? Our defense gave up 24 points against the lions in the first half, I suppose that's Carson's fault. None of the 3 QB's are beating the Eagles or the Cowboys. Carson threw a bad pick against the Titans but also threw 2 touchdowns perfectly to Dyami that TH couldn't make and for 359 yards. They beat the Bears without him playing well. 

Out of the 6 games that Carson played, please tell me which game Taylor Heinicke wins that Carson lost.

10 minutes ago, Scott Land said:

Carson Wentz was on pace to throw for over 4,200 yards and 28 touchdowns. Would've been more had he not broken a finger on his throwing hand against the bears and Curtis not dropping a easy 45 yard td. Haven't seen that since Kirk. No he's not a pro bowl player anymore, but quit acting like he is some complete joke because that's what you see the analysts on ESPN say, half of them know next to nothing about football. Taylor Heinicke threw for 3400 and 20 touchdowns last year.

He threw 2 int's against the Jags but did he come back and win or not? Our defense gave up 24 points against the lions in the first half, I suppose that's Carson's fault. None of the 3 QB's are beating the Eagles or the Cowboys. Carson threw a bad pick against the Titans but also threw 2 touchdowns perfectly to Dyami that TH couldn't make and for 359 yards. They beat the Bears without him playing well. 

Out of the 6 games that Carson played, please tell me which game Taylor Heinicke wins that Carson lost.

Titans and Cowboys. 100%