Week 9 Thread: Vikings at Washington - The One Where Snyder Sells

MikeT14

4 minutes ago, mar29020 said:

as long as wentz is out 5.5 games so we dont trade a 2, i am content. I think Heinicke tho is better then wentz at this point.

Think wentz comes back but we do bench him to prevent the second round pick . I rather see howell at this point and see what happens . 

1 hour ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think us fans are over estimating this teams faith in Heinicke. He is the "right now." Before the season began, not a single player was suggesting Heinicke get the nod over Wentz. Heinicke came in and helped us win two games by not helping us lose them. Today he was part of the problem and we lost. It happens. If the staff puts Wentz back in, the team will rally behind him because he would be the "right now" again.

Right now against a tough team we lost this game moreso then they won and that speaks volumes. Yes Taylor is limited and no I don’t want him to continue to start. But he has earned to be on this field. I can’t say that about Wentz. Hopefully Howell gets a chance. But honestly with this staff who knows they don’t consistently do smart things they moreso fall into situations. Next week could be tough but if they play like they played today defensively then we have a real chance.

This team is fighting on levels we didn’t see under Carson. Personally Sam just has the blend of both I believe allows this team to not only compete but I believe this roster is primed to carry a QB into a development. Tough defense and these weapons tend to groom QB’s. I’d def start Taylor for the Eagles. But if we lose that game I’d let the rookie get a honest shot. You want to really save your job show you can compete with a cheap QB in a window!!! This guy isn’t even on 3rd round money like with the type of roster you can pay in that window we can pay this whole DL and continue to draft and make calculated additions. Just what I’d do knowing a new owner means this staff isn’t guaranteed anything. Want a job show you are legit in a real window with this defense and a young promising QB. If he’s that he will swim the rest of the year. If he isn’t you’ll know.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Wait how are we going pay Allen and sweat if this team sold “ maybe” in March?. What happens if it’s already mid March or late March ??

Russell Wilson was brought in before approved owners this offseason and a coaching hire.

mid their buying the team and it’s known I’m sure they’d have the say in these things

Edited by ripsean21

The Heinicke interception set up Minnesota's game-tying touchdown, but the final blow came when the Vikings lined up to kick a go-ahead field goal with 1:55 left, made it, and received a fresh set of downs when Washington defensive tackle John Ridgeway made contact with the long snapper.

Instead of getting the ball back with roughly 1:50 left to try to either tie or win the game, Washington could only wait in agony as the Vikings took another 99 seconds off the clock before kicking the game-winner. Those small errors melded into a big mistake -- and a deflating loss.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

I worked outside in my yard today and didn't watch the game, just checked in every quarter or so.

but i didn't realize this thing happened with almost 2 minutes left, and you didn't get the ball back.

Edited by vike daddy
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The Heinicke interception set up Minnesota's game-tying touchdown, but the final blow came when the Vikings lined up to kick a go-ahead field goal with 1:55 left, made it, and received a fresh set of downs when Washington defensive tackle John Ridgeway made contact with the long snapper.

Instead of getting the ball back with roughly 1:50 left to try to either tie or win the game, Washington could only wait in agony as the Vikings took another 99 seconds off the clock before kicking the game-winner. Those small errors melded into a big mistake -- and a deflating loss.

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-season-week-9-what-we-learned-from-sunday-s-games

I worked outside in my yard today and didn't watch the game, just checked in every quarter or so.

but i didn't realize this thing happened with almost 2 minutes left, and you didn't get the ball back.

My god man, just shhhhhh