NCAA Basketball Thread (2023-24)

beekay414

10 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Big win for Scheyer and Lively saved his best game for the right time. He had a major impact this game. 

And man, what a disappointing year for Carolina. No way I’d thought they’d be 15-8 and only 7-5 in ACC play at this point of the year.

Are they the most disappointing preseason #1 of the 21st century?

45 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Are they the most disappointing preseason #1 of the 21st century?

Off the top of my head, I can’t think of one. I guess the one “positive” (if you want to look at it like that) is that a number of teams have been disappointing this season.

UNC isn't a tournament team. Living off a 5 game run from last year and they're missing the piece that made it happen. Brady Manek was such a huge loss. 

I said they deserved preseason #1 based on their run and returning 4 starters but I also said that it wasn't going to be easy replacing Manek and I was too god damn right.

Edited by beekay414

17 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Aidan Mahaney taking over to end regulation + OT

Dude that was insane. I’ve watched St. Mary’s 3x this year, all close games, all Ws where this kid took over and looked unstoppable. Offense runs through him 100% in crunch time, that is not something you see often for a freshman. Especially at an established program with so many upper class men. Special player, easy to envision him as POTY candidate in year 2 or 3 (assuming he sticks around). 

On 2/4/2023 at 5:45 PM, TitanSlim said:

Big win for Scheyer and Lively saved his best game for the right time. He had a major impact this game. 

Lively was great, if Whitehead comes back soon maybe we can get in the tournament and make a run. I still wonder how much better we could've been if Trevor Keels would've returned to school.

56 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Lively was great, if Whitehead comes back soon maybe we can get in the tournament and make a run. I still wonder how much better we could've been if Trevor Keels would've returned to school.

It looks like Proctor and Lively have both turned a corner. Whitehead coming back and playing close to his rep coming in would be huge. Especially in a year like this one where it’s wide open.

As far as Keels, his impact would’ve been huge imo. While the young guys were getting their legs under them early in the season, his presence would’ve been immense.I think he would’ve challenged for an All ACC first team spot. Go get your money young man but he honestly should’ve came back. One of the more frustrating early entries for me.

Just now, TitanSlim said:

It looks like Proctor and Lively have both turned a corner. Whitehead coming back and playing close to his rep coming in would be huge. Especially in a year like this one where it’s wide open.

As far as Keels, his impact would’ve been huge imo. While the young guys were getting their legs under them early in the season, his presence would’ve been immense.I think he would’ve challenged for an All ACC first team spot. Go get your money young man but he honestly should’ve came back. One of the more frustrating early entries for me.

They're both so limited offensively though and can't really shoot. I thought Whitehead was going to be a lot better but the injury looks to have cooked his season.

I think Keels could've challenged for ACC POY and cemented himself as a FRP.