BDL 2022 Week 9 - Ivory Coast Black Rhinos @ Death Valley Nightmare

RedGold

Who Wins?   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Ivory Coast Black Rhinos
    • Death Valley Nightmare

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2022 at 05:00 AM

33 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I honestly don't really get the starting Fournette as a FB decision because he's been pretty bad this year and also doesn't play FB. I do think that going run heavy was smart for IC though and I think they'll still have lots of success with Chubb. I think IC's biggest advantage comes from their pass rush against Andrew Wylie but Death Valley does a good job of emphasizing the quick passing game to mitigate that. IC makes it close but I'm taking DV in this one.

I get the fullback thing, but I thought I put a lot of focus on stopping DV's quick passing game, I guess not enough...haha.

1 hour ago, ny92mike said:

I get the fullback thing, but I thought I put a lot of focus on stopping DV's quick passing game, I guess not enough...haha.

I like everything but the FB thing, but it's not game-breaking.  I think you both have good gameplans but yours is much better for doing what you can with what you got, almost perfect with how I imagine it. He's got the better 1-2 punch on offense with Henry and Lamar, lines and D IMO are equal enough on both sides skill-wise. You do to attack his D in what seems to be his biggest weakness this week with how he is gameplanning. I think you should get some chunk yardage with Chubb, but not many big plays. Just slow marches with lots of 3rd downs. You do well to try and jam and stop Jackson from easily playing the quick passing game, which he uses. Honestly you hit all the points.

All it comes down to now is do I think you stop those receivers enough or Lamar from scrambling after his quick options are gone and can you keep Henry from marching like crazy. If the answer is yes to those last 2 then you get my vote. I'm still deciding. Everything else is in your favor but it may not be enough with Lamar and Henry.

"As a result, we’re going to focus on trying to take away the quick and intermediate receiving routes, and making him try to force the ball deep where our secondary can make a play. We’re also going to work on maintaining the edges and preventing him from beating us on the ground."

On further review I think the gameplan does well to stop Lamar, but on reading lower I think Henry gets his pretty well when he does. Does Chubb get enough of his that the gameplan for Rodgers to exploit the shorter throws actually works out to be the difference? That is where I was at and it's very tight.

The kicker though... Henry played well on the stat sheet but he was on limited snaps in a tight game because of his injury and he was also a complete shell of himself late in the game, probably due to said injury... It was his lowest snap count not counting vs the Bills when he had to leave the field (because they needed to pass the ball more down big). Had Henry been healthy I think he might be enough to win this but IC gets the win late.

Edited by LAOJoe

24 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

I like everything but the FB thing, but it's not game-breaking.  I think you both have good gameplans but yours is much better for doing what you can with what you got, almost perfect with how I imagine it. He's got the better 1-2 punch on offense with Henry and Lamar, lines and D IMO are equal enough on both sides skill-wise. You do to attack his D in what seems to be his biggest weakness this week with how he is gameplanning. I think you should get some chunk yardage with Chubb, but not many big plays. Just slow marches with lots of 3rd downs. You do well to try and jam and stop Jackson from easily playing the quick passing game, which he uses. Honestly you hit all the points.

All it comes down to now is do I think you stop those receivers enough or Lamar from scrambling after his quick options are gone and can you keep Henry from marching like crazy. If the answer is yes to those last 2 then you get my vote. I'm still deciding. Everything else is in your favor but it may not be enough with Lamar and Henry.

"As a result, we’re going to focus on trying to take away the quick and intermediate receiving routes, and making him try to force the ball deep where our secondary can make a play. We’re also going to work on maintaining the edges and preventing him from beating us on the ground."

On further review I think the game plan does well to stop Lamar, but on reading lower I think Henry gets his pretty well when he does. Does Chubb get enough of his that the gameplan for Rodgers to exploit the shorter throws actually works out to be the difference? That is where I was at and it's very tight.

The kicker though... Henry played well on the stat sheet but he was on limited snaps in a tight game because of his injury and he was also a complete shell of himself late in the game, probably due to said injury... It was his lowest snap count not counting vs the Bills when he had to leave the field (because they needed to pass the ball more down big). Had Henry been healthy I think he might be enough to win this but IC gets the win late.

Thanks man.  Really enjoyed reading your review of this matchup. 

• Like 1