Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Honestly, would take year 2 Zach Tom over any OT in this draft. He was a top 50 player to me last year, and he's better than even I thought. 

I think you try to get ZT on the field. And the OT spots are locked down by Bakh and Yosh presently. And I'm not sure he's a starting guard. 

So do you want to keep him as OL6 or starting center?

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Honestly, would take year 2 Zach Tom over any OT in this draft. He was a top 50 player to me last year, and he's better than even I thought. 

I look at him like I look at Jenkins. Can play OT, probably good enough to never be a problem for your team, but I don't think it's his best position in terms of reaching his full potential. 

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I look at him like I look at Jenkins. Can play OT, probably good enough to never be a problem for your team, but I don't think it's his best position in terms of reaching his full potential. 

You don't waste that inside unless he fails. He didn't come close to failing last year. Explosion numbers off the charts.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I think you try to get ZT on the field. And the OT spots are locked down by Bakh and Yosh presently. And I'm not sure he's a starting guard. 

Yosh doesn't have anything locked down, Tom is the better OT and barring injury will be starting ahead of Yosh on opening day. 

9 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

You don't waste that inside unless he fails. He didn't come close to failing last year. Explosion numbers off the charts.

Good numbers. Not all that materially different than what Humphrey put up and he and Tom are pretty identical size wise. Again, what I saw in the Detroit game in Week 17 was an overmatched OL especially on the right side. You can make a pretty strong argument that we could improve at all 3 spots, C, RG and RT. If the Packers choose to take a guy like Paris or Broderick to play at RT this year (eventually to replace Bak) and that means sliding Tom inside to C, I'd be perfectly fine with that because I think it improves the group as a whole for Love. 

3 minutes ago, R T said:

Yosh doesn't have anything locked down, Tom is the better OT and barring injury will be starting ahead of Yosh on opening day. 

I don't disagree, but financially committing 4m of what might have been your last 8m to spend tells us the Packers are very high on Yosh. I still think he should go in the Rodgers trade to help us maximize value, or be shopped elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I don't disagree, but financially committing 4m of what might have been your last 8m to spend tells us the Packers are very high on Yosh. I still think he should go in the Rodgers trade to help us maximize value, or be shopped elsewhere.

The Packers put a 2nd round tender on him to protect an asset, but it is probably 50/50 that he is on the opening day roster. He has trade value and don't think it is out of the question that he ends up a Jet at some point. 

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Be sure to let the team know your plans

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/depth/_/name/gb/green-bay-packers

Don't know what ESPN has to do with what the Packers think but using that logic I guess Toure has a starting WR spot locked down. Garvin has a backup EDGE spot locked down, Moore has a starting safety spot locked down and Rodgers has the QB1 spot locked down. 

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

I trade Yosh if I get 2nd round value. If I don't, yes he's OL6. Don't want him convoluting his OT footwork with center footwork. With him not starting I can ride his *** harder in the weight room too, which is ultimately going to be the biggest benefit to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I trade Yosh if I get 2nd round value. If I don't, yes he's OL6. Don't want him convoluting his OT footwork with center footwork. With him not starting I can ride his *** harder in the weight room too, which is ultimately going to be the biggest benefit to him.

I see the logic in this approach. OL6 as versatile as him is high value 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

I was sold on Tom last year as soon as I watched Wake Forest vs. Florida State and he made Jermaine Johnson look like a high school player.  I'll never understand how people look at someone like Skoronski and think he's elite (he's not) and then look at Zach Tom and think he's just a mediocre player when he has elite movement skills and mirroring ability.  It makes no damn sense.

3 minutes ago, MaximusGluteus said:

I was sold on Tom last year as soon as I watched Wake Forest vs. Florida State and he made Jermaine Johnson look like a high school player.  I'll never understand how people look at someone like Skoronski and think he's elite (he's not) and then look at Zach Tom and think he's just a mediocre player when he has elite movement skills and mirroring ability.  It makes no damn sense.

What if I told you nobody watches the OL