Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

On 11/18/2022 at 12:48 PM, PACKRULE said:

Not directed at you but to tankers. I want high picks, but building a losing culture does not work. Ask losers. Build a winner and keep building it. A reboot or retool is in order nad will happen. The Pack are run well which is good so luckily most of the I'd do this and i'd do that remains here as most folks in here would run this franchise or any into the ground. I watch football therefor i know football. 

There's a substantial difference between actively trying to lose and making long-term moves the priority.  Taking a step back to take two steps forward isn't going to make the Packers a "losing" franchise.  Last game, Devonte Wyatt played in 15 defensive snaps while Kenny Clark had 54 snaps, Dean Lowry had 50 snaps, and Jarran Reed had 53 snaps.  Why not take 5 snaps away from each of those and give them to Wyatt?  It's not like 5 less snaps for those three are going to make-or-break a season, but you're getting a better idea of what you got in Devonte Wyatt AND you're helping his developmental process.

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

I can't remember the tiebreakers on sucking. Does head to head matter in draft position, or is it SOS first?

In situations where teams finished the previous season with identical records, the determination of draft position is decided by strength of schedule — the aggregate winning percentage of a team’s opponents. The team that played the schedule with the lowest winning percentage will be awarded the higher pick.

If the teams have the same strength of schedule, division or conference tiebreakers are applied. If the divisional or conference tiebreakers are not applicable, or ties still exist between teams of different conferences, ties will be broken the following tie-breaking method:

Head-to-head, if applicable

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games (minimum of four)

Strength of victory in all games

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games

Best net points in all games

Best net touchdowns in all games

Coin toss

12 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Giants might be the biggest fraud in the NFL. I mean...Daniel Jones is their QB. 

Yep, Daniel 1596 yards, 8 touchdowns, 2 interceptions, 66% and 6.7 YPA Jones.

Let me guess, Kenny Golladay is twice the receiver we have. Nevermind he's played in 5 games this year.

Surely the Giants have SUCH great receivers, right?

I mean... Darius Slayton. Isaiah Hodgins. Richie James. Marcus Johnson. Wan'Dale Robinson. David Sills.

If you were a Giants fan you'd say he's a great QB with no receivers to throw to.

• Like 1