Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, packfanfb said:

Giants might be the biggest fraud in the NFL. I mean...Daniel Jones is their QB. 

I'm not disagreeing with that statement at all, but they're 7-2 coming into today and the Lions have the worst defense in the league by far.

3 hours ago, CWood21 said:

With a Denver and Pittsburgh win, the Packers can get as high as #9 this week.

Of course, both teams loss so we're currently 11th.  ARI/SF game is the only one that affects our pick.  Arizona wins we stay at 11, Arizona loses we move down to 12.

Tank Watch - Week 12

Bills @ Lions
Giants @ Cowboys
Patriots @ Vikings

Buccaneers @ Browns
Bengals @ Titans
Texans @ Dolphins
Bears @ Jets
Falcons @ Commanders
Broncos @ Panthers
Ravens @ Jaguars

Chargers @ Cardinals
Raiders @ Seahawks
Rams @ Chiefs
Saints @ 49ers

Packers @ Eagles

Steelers @ Colts

Thanksgiving football is actually gonna have some competitive games, where all but one team has a winning record and even that team with a losing record (Detroit) is on a 3-game win streak.  Buffalo is certainly looking vulnerable losing 2 of their last 3, but I think Buffalo ends up winning this one.  The rest of the games won't affect the draft order in a meaningful way for Green Bay.

The Buccaneers and Browns would have been an interesting game IF Watson was available, but he's serving the last of his game suspensions.  I'd anticipate Tampa Bay winning this game.  Bengals and Titans are both competing for playoff spots, and probably comfortably ahead of Green Bay.  Texans are almost assuredly losing to the Dolphins.  Feels like if the Bears/Jets game were in Chicago it might be a trap game, but in NY I expect the Jets to win.  Falcons and Commander is probably a toss-up, but I'd like towards Washington as they've won four of their last five.  Broncos and Panthers are a true toss-up.  I think Denver is a better team, but they're struggling badly offensively and Carolina isn't very good.  The Jaguars still aren't very good and they're probably another year or two away from being competitive.

Not giving Arizona much of a chance without Kyler Murray.  Don't think they're good enough offensively or defensively.  Raiders are probably better than their record indicates as they only have one loss where they lost by more than 7 points.  Seattle seems like the more sound team.  Chiefs should throttle the Rams, so I'm not wasting much time there.  Saints and 49ers should be a good game, but I think New Orleans poor QB play is going to keep them from winning.

Colts/Steelers game is going to be a snoozefest.

It doesn't appear there's going to be much upside to our pick moving up this week.

40 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

So, when we draft a safety with our first pick, again, who is going to flip out the most?

Don't think this organization sees safety as a premium position.  So unless we're picking in the 20s I think that's highly unlikely, unless there is some ed reed prospect or something

42 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Don't think this organization sees safety as a premium position.  So unless we're picking in the 20s I think that's highly unlikely, unless there is some ed reed prospect or something

I think we’ll be picking well before 20.  We also should have a new DC, which might influence how our early rounds go. We are currently more heavily invested at ILB than we have been for a very long time, based mostly on our DC. If there is a new guy, his system will play a part.  Edge will always be a need and by the numbers, even more so this year. 

Edited by Refugee

1 minute ago, Refugee said:

I think we’ll be picking well before 20.  We also should have a new DC, which might influence how our early rounds go. We are currently more heavily invested at ILB than we have been for a very long time, based mostly on our DC. If there is a new guy, his system will play a part.  Edge will always be a need and by the numbers, even more so this year. 

EDGE, DL, or OT will be our first pick.

• Like 1

Depends entirely on the off season moves.  As it sits, we'll likely pick between 9-14.  EDGE a likely no matter what.  OT always a distinct possibility, and if the intent is to move Bak, very high on the list.  DL, always a need but not nearly so as the other two.  Of course, it depends what happens with Lowry and Reed.  I'm assuming the team has plenty of faith in last drafts 1st round DL.  WR a possibility, but based on history and positional availability, no.  I'll add QB.  Again, depending on off season moves.