Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 hour ago, NFLGURU said:

Went with Van Ness.

Same. Van Ness and then Mayer. It would be a reach to take Mayer there, but we’ve seen years of (if you believe rumors) GB missing out on pass catchers they’ve liked at the top of the draft. Maybe I’m in the minority, but wouldn’t mind spending a year just stocking up there even if you have to reach a little. 

• Like 1

I think taking a TE in the top 20 or so picks is almost always a mistake.  I think Green Bay is more likely to trade up from a second to get the TE they covet than actually take one high.

The Packers and the Eagles might be the two most dogmatic teams when it comes to "take high valued positions with your top pick" but if you get a 2nd FRP all bets are off.

Edited by PossibleCabbage
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

TE, RB and S are no-go's for me in that range unless there's a huge, huge outlier.

Yeah, if you have a huge grade on Bijan you would take him before a TE at 15 because you only consider non-premiums in the first unless they are a tier above who's available.

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

Yeah, if you have a huge grade on Bijan you would take him before a TE at 15 because you only consider non-premiums in the first unless they are a tier above who's available.

gute would trade down

2 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

I think taking a TE in the top 20 or so picks is almost always a mistake.  I think Green Bay is more likely to trade up from a second to get the TE they covet than actually take one high.

The Packers and the Eagles might be the two most dogmatic teams when it comes to "take high valued positions with your top pick" but if you get a 2nd FRP all bets are off.

yes, prioritizing high value positions is a great principle 

Digging a little bit deeper on some WRs, both Matt Landers and Jadon Haselwood from Arkansas seem to tick the athletic boxes.  And the highlights look pretty nice too.  Both are late round to UDFA as far as prospect rankings.  I like them, at least the highlights I have seen.

8 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Digging a little bit deeper on some WRs, both Matt Landers and Jadon Haselwood from Arkansas seem to tick the athletic boxes.  And the highlights look pretty nice too.  Both are late round to UDFA as far as prospect rankings.  I like them, at least the highlights I have seen.

I've seen Landers compared to MVS but haven't watched much of him myself. Wouldn't be the worst way to spend a 5th rounder.

I'll take a look at Haselwood though, especially since I need more late round WR crushes now that I found out Iosivas has tiny hands.

6 minutes ago, Sandy said:

I've seen Landers compared to MVS but haven't watched much of him myself. Wouldn't be the worst way to spend a 5th rounder.

I'll take a look at Haselwood though, especially since I need more late round WR crushes now that I found out Iosivas has tiny hands.

Landers compares to Iosivas pretty well athletically.  Haselwood has 10' hands, and Landers has 9 1/4 hands. 

Haselwood ran a pretty slow 40 at the combine, but the highlights show a faster player.  He won't be confused for Trindon Holliday, but he isn't really a 4.66 guy either.  Probably as fast as JSN. 

Landers has a better ras than MVS did.  They ran about the same, but MVS jumped really poorly. 

I am sure there are negatives to their games.  They are late rounders for a reason.  But my first impression of both of them is pretty good.  

• Like 1