Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

are people who want a cb assuming that stokes is done, that sul is sunsetting, or just love depth at cb? if stokes' knee is ok (which the packers know about) and with nixon getting snaps there it seems like one of our strongest groups to me. 

I haven’t seen anyone specifically hankering for CB, as a position. But at a certain point, if a good one’s been dropping down the order and they are bpa left, it’s not a bad pick. Douglas is nearing his 30’s and might be a cap casualty in 2024. Stokes struggled last year, even before his injury, so there is no guarantee that he regains an upward trend in development. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HokieHigh said:

are people who want a cb assuming that stokes is done, that sul is sunsetting, or just love depth at cb? if stokes' knee is ok (which the packers know about) and with nixon getting snaps there it seems like one of our strongest groups to me. 

Yeah I kinda agree. Although I think it's more of a "we've already spent two high picks at this position and we know one is a major hit and one is a question mark going into year 3" situation. So I think we're going to be less likely to invest in another CB if there's only a tiny lean. But if Witherspoon falls...

@MacReady, have you watched a Devon Witherspoon reel? I think you'd love him, too. 

Witherspoon is the truth. He plays like the person I'd want most for this defense. He and Jaire would rachet up the defensive energy. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Yeah I kinda agree. Although I think it's more of a "we've already spent two high picks at this position and we know one is a major hit and one is a question mark going into year 3" situation. So I think we're going to be less likely to invest in another CB if there's only a tiny lean. But if Witherspoon falls...

@MacReady, have you watched a Devon Witherspoon reel? I think you'd love him, too. 

Witherspoon is the truth. He plays like the person I'd want most for this defense. He and Jaire would rachet up the defensive energy. 

I've said a few times, Witherspoon brings the juice. Love that part of his game. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Lol. First play and I was sold.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Old Guy said:

It is a mistake to take two TE's that early and put in context. He's trading into the 1st round in order to get Kincaid. Do you think that swap is free of charge? It is likely costing you picks 2 and 3 at a minimum, possibly a future pick as well. 

I'm simply in favor of going up a bit to get an elite potential pass catcher if they go defense round one. If they love Kincaid/Mayer then go up and get them. I wouldn't mind Washington in the second but the impact on the passing game won't be comparable to Kincaid. I don't think he's first round worthy. 

Let's say they get JSN round one, then the slot is covered and you have much less of a need for someone like Kincaid. Take Washington with one second and best defender with the other.  

Hell we may see a scenario where a trade down makes sense. If the board doesn't do us any favors we could see a trade back into the later first round where we pick up a second. Then we have tons of ammo for Gute to get his guys. Let him have his pick of the litter for TE and hit on back to back wrs in the second. 

I'm just a Utes fan and would be ecstatic for the player he'd add to our squad. Love would.... Love throwing to him. On this team I'm not sure any player in this draft could have more of an immediate impact on our offense. 

Watson will be a stud and I still have high hopes for Doubs if he starts catching the ball. Kincaid would have a Watson like impact for our TE position. From hard to watch to holy **** how did he catch that? 

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

Digging into DBs a bit. Have to say, for being hyped Christian Gonzalez doesn't compare well to his peers from a production standpoint, 7.7 yds/target

Pending his workout, Witherspoon stands alone from 2022. 3.3 yds/target

Eli Ricks has underrated production, 4.1 yds/target.

Deonta Banks has excellent production (#3 overall so far yds/target at 4.3) and elite RAS.

JPJ looks great as well. 4.8 y/t and elite RAS.

Emmanuel Forbes is sneaky great. He needs to add weight but is an absolute ballhawk and allowed only 4.9 y/t.

Cory Trice had a really nice 5.0 y/t and a great RAS.

Except witherspoon these guys seem like perimeter guys at the top of this class. The DL available would have to be a tier below before i would think twice about it 

41 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I've said a few times, Witherspoon brings the juice. Love that part of his game. 

He and Jaire would be amazing to watch. No chance he falls to us but he's absolutely worthy of our first. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, PossibleCabbage said:

It would be shocking if they get anything out of any TE they draft this year.  It's the slowest developing position in football.  No matter who they draft at the position, Davis and Deguara are getting most of the TE snaps.  Now I'm pretty confident they'll take one with a real pick and one with a late pick, if you spend your premium picks on other positions those guys will play more snaps this year.

Kincaid is older than most rookies and would be used in the slot. Deguara would be in to block. He's not half as good as Kincaid when it comes to being an offensive threat. He would be on the field immediately. You think Matt is going to leave that ability on the bench? Absolutely not. 

I agree with that statement generally and think guys like Washington will block but take years to become a legit threat catching. Given Kincaids unique ability to catch and this teams glaring hole at the position I don't agree with you at all. These scrubs would not be getting on the field more than Kincaid. 

Watson and Kincaid duo give Love two studs. Please Gutey. 

https://youtu.be/j6-rHrQcuVo

Edited by PackFan13

3 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I'm in. Witherspoon would be a fine first rounder.

I wrote him off without checking him out for some reason. He's the real deal. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VonKarman said:

If we draft Witherspoon we should be playing dime as our base defense with the amount of CBs we have.

For this exact reason, too many good cbs is not nearly as good of a problem to have as too many good DL. You cant get them all on the field and its not a rotational position