Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

22 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

That would be my strategy. If they do in fact go OT in the 1st, I'm looking to move Nijman. He'll have more value now in a trade versus riding the bench (which you assume he would if they draft Wright to play RT) and then hitting FA, plus you get the cap savings. 

no one claimed him for a second, maybe he can pull a third

Hell no to OT. We have a solid line with some promising young guys. Draft me some prospects to develop. Get this kid some help. Kincaid at 15. Elite hands and route running for a TE.

Simms just sold me like he did last year on Watson. Compares him to recent top 10 TEs. Kincaid would quadruple the talent in the TE room. Security blanket for Love from day one.

Edited by PackFan13

20 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

Hell no to OT. We have a solid line with some promising young guys. Draft me some prospects to develop. Get this kid some help. Kincaid at 15. Elite hands and route running for a TE.

Simms just sold me like he did last year on Watson. Compares him to recent top 10 TEs. Kincaid would quadruple the talent in the TE room. Security blanket for Love from day one.

Hell no to a premium position! Let's go get us one of the least important positions instead!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

That would be my strategy. If they do in fact go OT in the 1st, I'm looking to move Nijman. He'll have more value now in a trade versus riding the bench (which you assume he would if they draft Wright to play RT) and then hitting FA, plus you get the cap savings. 

elite tackles stumble running routes in the end zone

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Hell no to a premium position! Let's go get us one of the least important positions instead!

We have a solid line. How many of our best lineman were drafted in the first? One. When's the last time we had a good young TE? Finley the space cadet?

Gute needs Love to be good or he's out a job. Who has more of an impact next year? It's Kincaid and it's not close. 

Edited by PackFan13

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Let's try TE with elite receiving ability instead of ILB in the first this year. ILB known to be a premium position. The difference would be 5x impact year one. 

Edited by PackFan13

2 minutes ago, PackFan13 said:

We have a solid line. How many of our best lineman were drafted in the first? One. When's the last time we had a good young TE? Finley the space cadet?

Gute needs Love to be good or he's out a job. Who has more of an impact next year? It's Kincaid and it's not close. 

The packers could go 4-12 and gute + mlf would get another year

TE is one of the least likely positions to get big impact from a rookie. Not that you should draft a guy primarily based on what you think he'll do as a rookie. If there's an elite OT available, take him. Bakhtiari has a $40 million cap hit next year and Nijman will be a UFA. Philadelphia is the best team in the NFC right now because they're the best team in the trenches in the NFC. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Brat&Beer said:

TE is one of the least likely positions to get big impact from a rookie. Not that you should draft a guy primarily based on what you think he'll do as a rookie. If there's an elite OT available, take him. Bakhtiari has a $40 million cap hit next year and Nijman will be a UFA. Philadelphia is the best team in the NFC right now because they're the best team in the trenches in the NFC. 

I understand the logic but the eagles are a bad example of first round lineman and not taking pass catchers early. The eagles have had some insane drafts as well. Look at the impact they got without a first or third. Insanity. One of the best lineman in the league in the 7th. 

• Dallas Goedert | Round 2, Pick 49
    TE, South Dakota State
  • Avonte Maddox | Round 4, Pick 125
    CB, Pittsburgh
  • Josh Sweat | Round 4, Pick 130
    DE, Florida State
  • Matt Pryor | Round 6, Pick 206
    T, TCU
  • Jordan Mailata | Round 7, Pick 233
    T,

They also spent multiple first rounders on drafted WRs and traded a first for AJ Brown. You take an OT if you get a freak and I wouldn't be completely mad about it happening, I just don't see a guy so far and away better at our spot. I believe an elite weapon is more important next year. JSN, zay or Kincaid in the first. Do it, Gute. 

Edited by PackFan13

I also want to get Love a top notch TE. Could be a young QB’s best friend when things go off schedule and also adds another protector and hopefully as the development comes along , blocker for the run game. With the consensus being that this draft is filthy with good TEs, I feel you can be confident you can get a guy that you like in the 2nd and maybe even 3rd. It won’t be Kincaid and that might just be ok. It would help if we knew exactly which picks we had to play with but obviously the Packerverse is having a good laugh at us right now testing our patience.

Edited by Refugee

3 hours ago, beekay414 said:

The depth of the TE class is really good this year. Would be a waste of a pick at 15 to take one. It's JSN, EDGE, OT or DL for me.

Add Bijan to that too. TE can be addressed in the 2nd

1 hour ago, Brit Pack said:

After doing a little research, very little, the two guys I want us to walk away in this draft are for me the Georgia boys, Nolan Smith and Darnell Washington. That's where my research ends. Thank you 

The Packers will never, ever select a fantastic round peg for their square holes. I don’t let myself breathe any air into the Nolan Smith idea, though I’d be very enthusiastic if I am wrong about Gute et al on that one.

Our TE problem is what it has always been. We’re too smart to pick one early and we’re late to the party after the run has begun. Hello Richard Rodgers 2, whoever you may be.