Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

2 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

At the end of the day don't we all know it's either going to be a pass rusher, pass protector, or pass defender

Conventional wisdom says yes, but we saw Gute stray from that last year (i.e. going non-premium) and this year is unlike any year in his tenure as a GM with Love taking over. While you've hit on the betting favorite positions, no one should be shocked if he goes a different way. 

Edited by packfanfb

The only knock I have heard about JSN is his injury. That came from Sirius NFL channel when Pat Kirwin mentioned that JSN may not have a clean bill of health. That was a month ago or maybe less, but issues like that we won't know and he didn't either it was information he heard about. I would take the kid IF he had a clear medical, but would I take him over Robinson the RB, or a edge guy....don't know. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Hands said:

The only knock I have heard about JSN is his injury. That came from Sirius NFL channel when Pat Kirwin mentioned that JSN may not have a clean bill of health. That was a month ago or maybe less, but issues like that we won't know and he didn't either it was information he heard about. I would take the kid IF he had a clear medical, but would I take him over Robinson the RB, or a edge guy....don't know. 

That is the thing, I can easily see where the Packers would have 11 non-QB's ahead of JSN on their board. I watched a podcast last night with Thomas Dimitroff on it and he was talking about JSN, he said in a normal WR class that he would be in that 20-25 range. With him be the only 1st round graded WR this year he felt he would probably get pushed up but wouldn't be good value higher than the 20's range. He is a high-end possession WR, but a lot of the high-end possession were later round picks also. 

12 hours ago, beekay414 said:

We all have our guys and I get that but I feel like JSN is under a microscope while we drool over the other WRs physical traits and ignore what they can't do. 

Here's the most ironic thing about the JSN discussion. Most of the people pointing out his alleged flaws seem to be of the belief that he'd be a reach for us 15 or otherwise someone we should pass on. But the reality is that if we don't get JSN, it will most likely be because he never makes it to 15, which will only prove our point in a way lol.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, R T said:

That is the thing, I can easily see where the Packers would have 11 non-QB's ahead of JSN on their board. I watched a podcast last night with Thomas Dimitroff on it and he was talking about JSN, he said in a normal WR class that he would be in that 20-25 range. With him be the only 1st round graded WR this year he felt he would probably get pushed up but wouldn't be good value higher than the 20's range. He is a high-end possession WR, but a lot of the high-end possession were later round picks also. 

This. He's in the 20s for me all day long. But there's too much talent at the other premiums this year to take him in the teens 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Here's the most ironic thing about the JSN discussion. Most of the people pointing out his alleged flaws seem to be of the belief that he'd be a reach for us 15 or otherwise someone we should pass on. But the reality is that if we don't get JSN, it will most likely be because he never makes it to 15, which will only prove our point in a way lol.

I'll take that bet. I think it's more likely he's available at pick 15 and not a Packer than it is he's gone before that pick.

JSN, the little guy with the big numbers from THE OSU. I'll make no argument that he isn't a good WR. I enjoyed watching him play. BUT MLF likes big WRs. Someone like Mingo further down has to be the target. 

The other thing MLF likes is tall O-linemen. MLF proved that when he passed over a better but shorter C to take Myers from THE OSU. So sizing up this draft, I'd say unless there's a blue chip defensive player available at 15, we get one of those OTs. The only question is Jones, Wright, or Johnson? I believe they all stand about 6' 5". 

45 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

JSN, the little guy with the big numbers from THE OSU. I'll make no argument that he isn't a good WR. I enjoyed watching him play. BUT MLF likes big WRs. Someone like Mingo further down has to be the target. 

I don’t really care what anyone thinks of JSN. But he’s not “little”. He’s taller than Greg Jennings and the same weight. He’s not big either, but he’s not little.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

The other thing MLF likes is tall O-linemen. MLF proved that when he passed over a better but shorter C to take Myers from THE OSU. So sizing up this draft, I'd say unless there's a blue chip defensive player available at 15, we get one of those OTs. The only question is Jones, Wright, or Johnson? I believe they all stand about 6' 5". 

IMO, Paris Johnson is the clear pick if he is available.  I am not sure if he wouldn't be like second or third on the Packers board overall.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, packfanfb said:

More and more people jumping on the Mingo train.

Tillman and mingo are definitely my favorites to be great pick value. Ive been pounding the table for tillman around here. Mingo a definite FF favorite this year