Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

14 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Alright Albert Breer is saying Michael Mayer is what he keeps hearing at 15 even though the league says Dalton Kincaid to GB.

Mayer seems much more their type since they're going to want a TE who can block some.  I'm not convinced Dalton Kincaid is as good of a blocker as Allen Lazard.

11 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I just did a really goofy sim, I traded back in the second round a few times.  I also kept getting offers to move down like 2 or 3 picks for extra picks.  I drafted 23 players, LOL! I was reasonably satisfied with my haul.  

You should start firing off resumes, I'd be giggling my head off for months if my gm did that

Just now, smetana34 said:

I'll go kick the biggest rock I can find if we take a TE in the 1st round 

A draft show qas doing their most obnoxious hot takes and one of the giys said "Darnell Washington is the next Gronk" and I'm 100% here for that. Trade back, snag an extra 2nd, grab him in the mid20s

5 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

A draft show qas doing their most obnoxious hot takes and one of the giys said "Darnell Washington is the next Gronk" and I'm 100% here for that. Trade back, snag an extra 2nd, grab him in the mid20s

Every 1st round TE since 2010 was supposed to be the next Gronk, and none have come close. If we waste our most valuable resource on a position with a miniscule hit rate I'll be upset for sure 😂

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, R T said:

Maybe or maybe not, but it is the Monday of draft week, and it is metal to the pedal for lying season. 

True… fun thing is Peter King said Kincaid at 15. For GB the smoke is TE…. Which means it won’t be a TE.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Green19 said:

Tight end rumors are hot this morning…

Honestly, this is fine.  Even if the Packers took a TE at 15, they're going to take one later in the draft and nobody can convince me we won't end up in a Hayden Hurst/Mark Andrews situation where the guy you take second is a lot better than the guy you took higher.

Like it's a deep TE class, so nobody can convince me that like Kraft or LaPorta or Musgrave or even Kuntz out of ODU isn't going to be the best one in the end.  Usually a TE taken later in the draft ends up the best one in a given year.

2 hours ago, smetana34 said:

Every 1st round TE since 2010 was supposed to be the next Gronk, and none have come close. If we waste our most valuable resource on a position with a miniscule hit rate I'll be upset for sure 😂

Gronk wasn't a 1st round pick to begin with.   A lot of 1st round picks have been poorly used trying to get the next Gronk.   I hope we don't repeat these mistakes.

• Like 1