Cwood is a nerd and so are all the Packer Favorite Prospects: 2023 Draft Discussion Thread

MacReady

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

Paris is worth a top 3 pick. He'll be long gone. Wright is worth a top 7 pick, we'd be lucky if he's there. Jones is probably worth a top 20-25 pick, he'd be an upside pick at 13. Harrison is in that same range and fits our mold at OT really nicely. Very high upside there as well, definitely in play at 15. 

Skoronski is iffy. Best college player of the bunch but unclear if he'll transition smoothly to NFL. His college production warrants a top 15 pick as well, but his projection inside might make him drop a lot. 

This is a stud OT class in the first round. There's 5 legitimate prospects who could easily be worth a top 15 pick. There will be some good value there later in the first round.

For me it is just so tough to use skoronsokis college production as justification since he went to northwestern. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

The Internet would explode if we took a running back but I'm here for it.

Robinson and Jones would be an easy fit on the field together. Robinson could be a super deluxe Deebo Samuels style of player, but even more dynamic with the ball in his hands. People are all in to draft a slot WR at the 13th pick that would get 5-8 touches a game, well Robinson would be far more productive in that roll and could be given 12-15 touches a game. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, R T said:

Robinson and Jones would be an easy fit on the field together. Robinson could be a super deluxe Deebo Samuels style of player, but even more dynamic with the ball in his hands. People are all in to draft a slot WR at the 13th pick that would get 5-8 touches a game, well Robinson would be far more productive in that roll and could be given 12-15 touches a game. 

I'd take Bijan over JSN 10 times out of 10

• Like 1

Bijan could take a lot of pressure off Love in the coming years.  Gute could win the draft with that pick alone.  Come up and get a guy like Hyatt with your second pick and you are off to the races.  

Just wishful thinking, lots of other holes to fill.

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Paris is worth a top 3 pick. He'll be long gone. Wright is worth a top 7 pick, we'd be lucky if he's there. Jones is probably worth a top 20-25 pick, he'd be an upside pick at 13. Harrison is in that same range and fits our mold at OT really nicely. Very high upside there as well, definitely in play at 13.

Skoronski is iffy. Best college player of the bunch but unclear if he'll transition smoothly to NFL. His college production warrants a top 15 pick as well, but his projection inside might make him drop a lot. 

This is a stud OT class in the first round. There's 5 legitimate prospects who could easily be worth a top 15 pick. There will be some good value there later in the first round.

You value those guys differently than I do. I highly doubt GB even considers Wright, especially at 13. He's a right tackle who weighs 335 lbs with reported laziness issues. That doesn't bode well for a guy who you are about make a millionaire overnight. 

Jones strikes me as more of a late teens value, at best. Just too much projection there for my taste. I'd rather roll with the guys we have on the roster. That being said, if we take an OL at 13, it would probably be him. 

I'd be highly surprised to see GB use the No. 13 pick on Skoronski given his likely transition to OG. 

Harrison won't be in the conversation. If he's the pick, you'd have to seriously question why Gute fought so hard to go from 15 to 13. That's like Sonny Weaver trading from 7 to 1 to just draft Vontae Mack. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, R T said:

I could think of worse picks. Frankly, I'm on team "get Jordan Love as much help as possible" for the 2023 season and beyond. I wouldn't take Robinson over JSN but I'd take him over a CB and some of the OT/EDGE prospects people are talking about. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

You value those guys differently than I do. I highly doubt GB even considers Wright, especially at 13. He's a right tackle who weighs 335 lbs with reported laziness issues. That doesn't bode well for a guy who you are about make a millionaire overnight. 

Jones strikes me as more of a late teens value, at best. Just too much projection there for my taste. I'd rather roll with the guys we have on the roster. That being said, if we take an OL at 13, it would probably be him. 

I'd be highly surprised to see GB use the No. 13 pick on Skoronski given his likely transition to OG. 

Harrison won't be in the conversation. If he's the pick, you'd have to seriously question why Gute fought so hard to go from 15 to 13. That's like Sonny Weaver trading from 7 to 1 to just draft Vontae Mack. 

So you have Will Anderson as a 2nd rounder I'd guess considering Darnell Wright is his daddy

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Lots of people I guess...

I think a lot of people are on the same page -- give Jordan Love the best chance to succeed. That doesn't mean we have to take a skill player at 13, but it shouldn't be written off like it is most years simply because those aren't "pReMIum" positions.  

Edited by packfanfb
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HokieHigh said:

Broderick seems to be good in space and the second level but struggle with benders around the edge. Pj seems to struggle with footwork, inside moved, strength. Wrights upside might be at RT. Doesnt look like a dancing bear to me. Skoronski short arms, upside at guard. None of these guys are hot n ready for LT work IMO. fortunately we have bakh and dont need them to be

But we wont have BAK for a long time....so OT's definitely a need - unless, they intend to kick Jenkins out there and fill the inside.

Edited by Leader