Week 10 : MNF (4-5) WTF @ (8-0) Eagles

Nabbs4u

6 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

It is incredibly hard to win every week in the NFL. Pretty much every contending team has one or two of these games each year. Philadelphia is still in the driver’s seat for the number one seed in the NFC. They have a very favorable schedule from here on out. Division games are always tough. I wouldn’t chalk this up to anything other than a fluke.

The difference here is that the way to beat the Bills and the Chiefs is for their QBs to inexplicably play terrible, which they rarely do, in order to have even a shot of winning. The way to beat the Eagles is to run the ball effectively and that is simply not nearly as rare. Eagles have been getting ran on since Jordan Davis has gotten hurt and even before then when he simply wasn't on the field. 

• Like 1

Concerning the BG hit, it’s tough to want to insert context into a play but it was pretty necessary at that time I think. Graham has spent his LIFE going full speed after the QB. And in a really big moment where he can change the course of the game the opposing QB just….sits down? That’s not how football works. Sure you can give yourself up and you’d expect the defender(s) to give you a break and tap you down and I honestly think that was his intentions. It wasn’t a hit, it wasn’t a tap, it was just a good amount of human momentum sliding into a QB who purposefully put himself into an awkward bodily position. The ref could have shown restraint and everyone would have been fine with it. You can easily hear Troy defending the “non flag”. It was a borderline play that changed the course of the game. In that case, I believe in no harm, no foul. With that said, it was…a call. I can’t argue because thems the rulez. But I think a little context could have been injected. 

I would really just hate to see this continue to happen.  Can a QB just call himself dead running from a DE and then kneel 2 yards in front of him and said 275 lb DE barrels into him and it’s a flag cause he has to know when a QB is just going to play roadkill? I don’t agree. 

16 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Against a bad football team, at home! If this was a contender we just played then yeah, you don’t get worried long term when breaks consistently went other way… but it’s concerning that we were thoroughly outplayed and thus put in a position where bad breaks cost us a win. Can only hope it was a fluke, but that’s 2 games in a row where we struggled vs bad teams (vs Texans, no bad breaks. Vs WFT, lot of bad breaks. Hence difference results, but same poor process).

Commanders aren’t bad dude 

we can be realistic

you guys are better but we easily have the most talented DL in the division and a good wr core 

Edited by IHatesnyder

2 minutes ago, IHatesnyder said:

Commanders aren’t bad dude 

we can be realistic

you guys are better but we easily have the most talented DL in the division and a good wr core 

I think it's less that you guys have a bad overall team, it's just that you're labeled a bad team whenever you have a bad qb for the most part, and you guys got two.

1 minute ago, Daimonas said:

I think it's less that you guys have a bad overall team, it's just that you're labeled a bad team whenever you have a bad qb for the most part, and you guys got two.

We got lucky this game 

for sure 

glad we won but we caught breaks 

Edited by IHatesnyder

Just now, IHatesnyder said:

How are the commanders bad lol 

I’m surprised we won but only reason we haven’t won the division the last 5 years is qb 

We easily have won 7 games with back ups 

Coming into this game their only wins were over pre-let loose Fields, Reich’s last Colts game, Jaguars and Packers in middle of free fall. They were #25 in latest NFL power ranking (obviously not some source of truth, but usually reflect how people feel). The Commanders are not a good team, and seeing as they just beat us at home that does not speak kindly of us.

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

So down 5 and less than half a quarter left in the game, the Eagles O decided on TWO consecutive drives to start:

-Run and huddle up (not up-tempo run)

-Throw on 2nd and 7 with THREE TIGHT END FORMATION (both plays utter failures)

-Leave 1 play for the O to try and actually throw past the sticks.  

And they did this not once...but TWICE.

Dead serious - is there a prime time rule where Nathaniel Hackett gets to run the O for every team for at least one quarter?  Because it's pretty clear he was running the 4Q PHI O.  It's literally the only logical explanation I can think of.

^from NFL Gen. Lost in the sadness I totally missed this but he’s right. Idiotic playcalling. Total failure on all levels tonight.

13 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Coming into this game their only wins were over pre-let loose Fields, Reich’s last Colts game, Jaguars and Packers in middle of free fall. They were #25 in latest NFL power ranking (obviously not some source of truth, but usually reflect how people feel). The Commanders are not a good team, and seeing as they just beat us at home that does not speak kindly of us.

We lost to the titans and Vikings( who are better than before ) by like 3 points dude .

And come on you know why we didn’t have more than 7 wins last season. 

Edited by IHatesnyder

What's coming up?

Jonathan Taylor and that newly coached team coming off a great game.

Aaron Rodgers who was playing like crap but still manages to turn it up to make the playoffs.

Derrick Henry who we know can/will run all over anyone.

Saquon x2

Justin Fields who has just come alive.

Dallas.

This could for sure get very interesting.

15 minutes ago, ACO said:

What's coming up?

Jonathan Taylor and that newly coached team coming off a great game.

Aaron Rodgers who was playing like crap but still manages to turn it up to make the playoffs.

Derrick Henry who we know can/will run all over anyone.

Saquon x2

Justin Fields who has just come alive.

Dallas.

This could for sure get very interesting.

Interesting how? It was always interesting lol. Did anyone on this board really sell the idea that the Eagles were going to run the table? This division was always going to come down to the Giants and Cowboys games. That hasn’t changed. 

My still intoxicated but not as much as earlier take:

These past few weeks made it clear that we are an offensive team. Just like the Chiefs aren’t expected to win if Mahomes and co have an off night, we aren’t going to win if Hurts and co aren’t rolling like they have most of this season.

8-0 was not a mirage, but the stats painting our D as some elite unit certainly were. The opponent must be chasing a lead and becoming 1 dimensional for our D to shine, at which point they’re probably better than anyone at protecting and growing that lead…. But in neutral situations, where the opposing offense is just focused on getting 10 yards at a time, our D is “exposed” as the philosophy of the coverage is to prevent big plays (which it does) at the expense of short gains, and the run D just isn’t very good (even w/ Jordan Davis it wasn’t that good as he can’t play every snap, granted it was better). This is why last 3 offenses, all of which were very mediocre, had EASY looking opening drive TDs on us. They just took what was given and calmly stormed down field. 

This D can and will get feasted on by conservative offensive gameplans. These gameplan are abandoned though when that lead grows (and probably not so much by design as much as QB losing patience). Hence, this team is looking like it will live and die by Hurts. 

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Good game you guys. I know the loss stings, but your team is really good. Glad we don't have to play ya'll anymore. Good luck the rest of the way.

Good game… you guys do have the best DLine in the East and it showed tonight. Our interior OL always struggles against Allen. He’s a dang monster. No idea why we didn’t try to neutralize him more with the run but it was a crappy night across the board for the coaching staff… I think the Commanders get in. It will come down to them and Rodgers who I anticipate will have their way with our defense.