Week 10 : MNF (4-5) WTF @ (8-0) Eagles

Nabbs4u

1 minute ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Offense was fine and good enough to win. Defense is to blame outside of fumbles. The runs along with Slay was it. Quez doesn't fumble that ball we win. Goedert fumble was on a promising drive as well. A lot of "luck" things went against us and we barely lost.

Against a bad football team, at home! If this was a contender we just played then yeah, you don’t get worried long term when breaks consistently went other way… but it’s concerning that we were thoroughly outplayed and thus put in a position where bad breaks cost us a win. Can only hope it was a fluke, but that’s 2 games in a row where we struggled vs bad teams (vs Texans, no bad breaks. Vs WFT, lot of bad breaks. Hence difference results, but same poor process).

6 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I don’t agree with that. Usually the team that gets the game to go along to their game plan wins the game and Washington executed their game plan tonight better.  The game basically went exactly how they wanted it to. 

I won’t disagree with that. That’s definitely more logical. I still believe we lose because of the two 4th quarter fumbles. If we punch one of those in the game plan turns from effective to too conservative trying to protect Taylor. Call it biased but we play that same game 100 times, we win 90. Some just really odd stuff tonight. 

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Against a bad football team, at home! If this was a contender we just played then yeah, you don’t get worried long term when breaks consistently went other way… but it’s concerning that we were thoroughly outplayed and thus put in a position where bad breaks cost us a win. Can only hope it was a fluke, but that’s 2 games in a row where we struggled vs bad teams (vs Texans, no bad breaks. Vs WFT, lot of bad breaks. Hence difference results, but same poor process).

It is incredibly hard to win every week in the NFL. Pretty much every contending team has one or two of these games each year. Philadelphia is still in the driver’s seat for the number one seed in the NFC. They have a very favorable schedule from here on out. Division games are always tough. I wouldn’t chalk this up to anything other than a fluke.

1 minute ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yes it is troubling especially when taking last week into context. I think that needs to be talked about more honestly. We looked very similar, in a bad way, two weeks in a row. Against mediocre/ bad teams. Sunday can't come soon enough. 

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

This is…a take. 

That play was so weird, it looked different every time.

Live it seemed like he slipped, thought about getting up and just stayed down. Some replays it looked like a very clear kneel. Timing and ability Graham had to not do that changed a lot too. Just sorta hard to nail down. 

Rules are so heavily weighted though that you gotta try harder to get away there if you’re BG.

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

I won’t disagree with that. That’s definitely more logical. I still believe we lose because of the two 4th quarter fumbles. If we punch one of those in the game plan turns from effective to too conservative trying to protect Taylor. Call it biased but we play that same game 100 times, we win 90. Some just really odd stuff tonight. 

You guys should have game planned better for Joey Slye.

1 minute ago, wcblack34 said:

It is incredibly hard to win every week in the NFL. Pretty much every contending team has one or two of these games each year. Philadelphia is still in the driver’s seat for the number one seed in the NFC. They have a very favorable schedule from here on out. Division games are always tough. I wouldn’t chalk this up to anything other than a fluke.

I hope the Eagles don't have that mindset. It isn't a fluke to be run all over two weeks in a row by bad teams. They overcame one and not the other. They better not be thinking "fluke" cause they will get them in trouble quick.

5 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

**** happens. It is clear what our weakness is. We suck at stopping the run right now. We have a lot of strengths as well which is a good thing too.

We lost a messy game vs a division rival. I think reading into this too much is a mistake. If we lose next week as well or look completely inept on defense for a half again we can start to worry, but winning cures all. Beat the Colts and we are sitting pretty.

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

Yes it is troubling especially when taking last week into context. I think that needs to be talked about more honestly. We looked very similar, in a bad way, two weeks in a row. Against mediocre/ bad teams. Sunday can't come soon enough. 

Right. Bad games happen, but this was 2 in a row. I think the “W result” on TNF made people forget we struggled vs a bottom 3 team. Hopefully it is just a bad stretch of weeks, but if we don’t come out and stomp the Colts then this team is 100% not as good as we hoped after those 1st 8 weeks, and are the 10ish win caliber team everyone predicted them to be going into season. We’ll see, next week is enormous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

That play was so weird, it looked different every time.

Live it seemed like he slipped, thought about getting up and just stayed down. Some replays it looked like a very clear kneel. Timing and ability Graham had to not do that changed a lot too. Just sorta hard to nail down. 

Rules are so heavily weighted though that you gotta try harder to get away there if you’re BG.

Definitely looked like a kneel on replay but live it was a different story. It didn't look like a kneel live because it was awkward and looked like a slip. Add on top that he then looks to pop back up and both Reddick and Graham were fooled. Graham tried to pull up and didn't even hit him hard. I understand why the ref called it. But super awkward and I think Heinicke knew what he was doing. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Lololol. Only someone who is biased towards the Eagles would say that was not a penalty.

I think I'll go with the many analysts on social media saying it looked like Heinicke slipped on live TV over the guy on a forum who has posted multiple times in one night how much he despises the Eagles...