Week 10 : MNF (4-5) WTF @ (8-0) Eagles

Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

RMIB I love you buddy, but your pessimism knows no bounds lol. I know the years of the unlucky breaks has conditioned us, but a few injuries stacking up are expected for every team in the NFL season. We stayed really healthy through the first 6 weeks, the juju is catching up to us a bit, but we haven't lost anyone for the year and will have these guys back when games really matter in December and January.

Are we a powerhouse guaranteed one seed? No, but lets not pretend the Giants and Cowboys are either. The Eagles will have plenty of chances to makeup for this loss all starting next week. A bit of adversity can be good.  

Yeah I've been insufferable since the loss, apologies to my Eagles brethren lol. I'm cooling off, slowly but surely. Man, nothing can you prepare you for losing that 1st game after 8-0!... but what a treat it was to be 8-0 coming off a year where we snuck into the playoffs and didn't look like we belong.

As to your post, it's spot on. That is level headed take I can certainly agree with once I've taken a step back. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Yeah it sucks to lose him cause he has been so good this year, but thankfully we have tons of options on offense to work through. Hopefully we can return to running the ball a bit more and let AJ and Smitty carry the load on the outside. 

I'm actually really optimistic about calceterra filling in well enough as a receiver. Stoll can  block pretty well. Just won't have the option of making the defense guess anymore because goedert was elite at both.

1 hour ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Yeah I've been insufferable since the loss, apologies to my Eagles brethren lol. I'm cooling off, slowly but surely. Man, nothing can you prepare you for losing that 1st game after 8-0!... but what a treat it was to be 8-0 coming off a year where we snuck into the playoffs and didn't look like we belong.

As to your post, it's spot on. That is level headed take I can certainly agree with once I've taken a step back. 

I forgot How much losing sucks lol 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Yea, I don't think Washington is a good team either. Very Good WR's, Allen is great, Payne is good, and that's about it. 
Average OL. Average LB's. Average CB's. Average Safeties. Average DE's (including Chase aside from his rookie year). Average RB's. Average TE. QB play and coaching that ranges from bad to average. 
Eagles beat themselves for the most part. AJ basically giving away an INT. Quez fumble after getting up and holding the ball like Shady after 2 double cups. B Graham penalty. Gannon going full Gannon.

Not to mention how they got absolutely stomped by the Vikings.

Edited by e16bball

It doesn't matter how good or what record when playing Divisional games. I said it in the OP this game would be closer then most think.

What I didn't expect was the perfect storm of Ineptitude that was on display in all 3 phases. From the 1st roughing the Kicker 1st drive to the last roughing the passer BS.

Game altering Turn overs, penalties and a complete inability for an entire 1/2 to adjust on defense cost us in a 5pt game. NFCE games in a nutshell.