Week 10 : MNF (4-5) WTF @ (8-0) Eagles

Nabbs4u

5 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

My still intoxicated but not as much as earlier take:

These past few weeks made it clear that we are an offensive team. Just like the Chiefs aren’t expected to win if Mahomes and co have an off night, we aren’t going to win if Hurts and co aren’t rolling like they have most of this season.

8-0 was not a mirage, but the stats painting our D as some elite unit certainly were. The opponent must be chasing a lead and becoming 1 dimensional for our D to shine, at which point they’re probably better than anyone at protecting and growing that lead…. But in neutral situations, where the opposing offense is just focused on getting 10 yards at a time, our D is “exposed” as the philosophy of the coverage is to prevent big plays (which it does) at the expense of short gains, and the run D just isn’t very good (even w/ Jordan Davis it wasn’t that good as he can’t play every snap, granted it was better). This is why last 3 offenses, all of which were very mediocre, had EASY looking opening drive TDs on us. They just took what was given and calmly stormed down field. 

This D can and will get feasted on by conservative offensive gameplans. These gameplan are abandoned though when that lead grows (and probably not so much by design as much as QB losing patience). Hence, this team is looking like it will live and die by Hurts. 

We gotta want to stay far far far far far away from Tom Brady in the playoffs. We will sit in the bend but don’t break and he will gladly take the short 5-10 yard plays…. At the end of the day for the defense, the DLine doesn’t produce enough for how compensated they are. Cox and Graham, while total legends, have seen their better days

9 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Coming into this game their only wins were over pre-let loose Fields, Reich’s last Colts game, Jaguars and Packers in middle of free fall. They were #25 in latest NFL power ranking (obviously not some source of truth, but usually reflect how people feel). The Commanders are not a good team, and seeing as they just beat us at home that does not speak kindly of us.

Normally I'd agree but this is what always occurs in Divisional matchups. Let alone a matchup trying to give an undefeated team thier first loss.

It's why you can never assume the Packers will beat the Lions, the Bills will beat the Jets, the Bucs will beat the Panthers or the Eagles will beat the Redskins. Regardless of win streaks for or against ect,, ect.. Divisional play is different. 

7 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

These past few weeks made it clear that we are an offensive team. Just like the Chiefs aren’t expected to win if Mahomes and co have an off night, we aren’t going to win if Hurts and co aren’t rolling like they have most of this season.

It took Gannon once again to GD long to make adjustments. You simply can't let a team set a League record for plays run on offense,  in the first 1/2. It wasn't our offenses fault they had 1/3 of the plays to get points, it was the defense. We score two TD in basically 5 min, and had 1 possession over the next 25 mins.

Those adjustments did come some what in the second 1/2 holding WTF to two FG's. Unfortunately ill timed penalties , those not called and absurdly bad luck on FB's in all reality cost us in a 5pt game. 

It was the perfect storm of Ineptitude.  

I'm glad we finally lost, this 24-7 non stop undefeated BS💩 can finally be laid to rest. We were never going undefeated nor would I of wanted a 17-0 record going into the playoffs. Not with all of the excess pressures and expectations included with completing that 20-0 task. Now get this bad taste out of your mouths, and move forward as a team hopefully. 

Just wish the loss wasn't Divisional, thats all. Kudos to WTF!

Edited by Nabbs4u
  • Like 1

I'll never hope for a loss but we needed a loss to maybe fix a few things especially the defense. These last few games we haven't looked very good but were winning so all was ignored. Our defense is too loaded to play that style imo. We can afford to be very very aggressive. Especially against a crap team like that.

Who cares if they beat us deep once during the game. Get right in their face and dominate them. Blitz more press more do anything more then this bend don't break crap

Only thing for the offense... Run the ball more early on

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

10 hours ago, IHatesnyder said:

Commanders aren’t bad dude 

we can be realistic

you guys are better but we easily have the most talented DL in the division and a good wr core 

Overall they stink. With chase sidelined it can be argued either way I guess. Healthy Chase sure you guys have a cool DL. WRs are solid. Terry is cool, Dotson showed some promise before getting hurt and Samuel is ok for a gadget type player. Once there's more tape on Samuel the way they're using him he'll start to slow down more. 

I understand your hope behind your squad but it's not all peachy like you think. Just like us believing certain things were peachy then reality set in

6 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Overall they stink. With chase sidelined it can be argued either way I guess. Healthy Chase sure you guys have a cool DL. WRs are solid. Terry is cool, Dotson showed some promise before getting hurt and Samuel is ok for a gadget type player. Once there's more tape on Samuel the way they're using him he'll start to slow down more. 

I understand your hope behind your squad but it's not all peachy like you think. Just like us believing certain things were peachy then reality set in

You are 8-1 and I’m pretty sure at worst you’ll get 12 wins . Pretty sure eagles are still SB contenders . 
washngton roster good  lol inconsistent coaching and QB is holding us back from being real good .

Edited by IHatesnyder

3 hours ago, Wentz you dog you said:

We gotta want to stay far far far far far away from Tom Brady in the playoffs. We will sit in the bend but don’t break and he will gladly take the short 5-10 yard plays…. At the end of the day for the defense, the DLine doesn’t produce enough for how compensated they are. Cox and Graham, while total legends, have seen their better days

Really ? Tom Brady to me more beatable this year than last year . You guys could beat them this time , 

35 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

I'll never hope for a loss but we needed a loss to maybe fix a few things especially the defense. These last few games we haven't looked very good but were winning so all was ignored. Our defense is too loaded to play that style imo. We can afford to be very very aggressive. Especially against a crap team like that.

Who cares if they beat us deep once during the game. Get right in their face and dominate them. Blitz more press more do anything more then this bend don't break crap

Only thing for the offense... Run the ball more early on

Yes, but not to an NFC East team. AFC team so it doesn't have much bearing in tie breakers.

I agree wholeheartedly about the defense. Gannon is way too conservative. I remember all of the @TheRealMcCoy Honest NFL team about how new addition was vital for Gannon's scheme. Like, no sh*t, his "scheme" is "having good players with rare skillset on all 3 levels of the defense so it can compensate for his light boxes and conservative playcalling". 

• Like 1

Annoying game but a loss was incoming anyways.

Quez doesnt fumble and we win the game. Our run defense badly need work and Jordan Davis cant come back fast enough. Humbling loss for us.

Not worried at all still and I fully expect the Colts to give us fits but as long as Hurts looks good again, we're good.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

Goedert to miss extended time due to the facemask play...

Jesus, things have gotten very ugly. 

Has the outlook ever been this bleak for an 8-1 team? What a cursed franchise. We’ve got 7-2 and 6-3 on our tail in division while the injuries are piling up and our schedule is finally about to be not full of cupcakes.

edit: and at 8–1 we are still in GREAT spot obviously, just saying compared to other 8-1 starts I wonder.

Edited by RandyMossIsBoss

20 minutes ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Has the outlook ever been this bleak for an 8-1 team? What a cursed franchise. We’ve got 7-2 and 6-3 on our tail in division while the injuries are piling up and our schedule is finally about to be not full of cupcakes.

edit: and at 8–1 we are still in GREAT spot obviously, just saying compared to other 8-1 starts I wonder.

RMIB I love you buddy, but your pessimism knows no bounds lol. I know the years of the unlucky breaks has conditioned us, but a few injuries stacking up are expected for every team in the NFL season. We stayed really healthy through the first 6 weeks, the juju is catching up to us a bit, but we haven't lost anyone for the year and will have these guys back when games really matter in December and January.

Are we a powerhouse guaranteed one seed? No, but lets not pretend the Giants and Cowboys are either. The Eagles will have plenty of chances to makeup for this loss all starting next week. A bit of adversity can be good.  

Edited by AZ_Eaglesfan
  • Like 1

Yea, I don't think Washington is a good team either. Very Good WR's, Allen is great, Payne is good, and that's about it. 
Average OL. Average LB's. Average CB's. Average Safeties. Average DE's (including Chase aside from his rookie year). Average RB's. Average TE. QB play and coaching that ranges from bad to average. 
Eagles beat themselves for the most part. AJ basically giving away an INT. Quez fumble after getting up and holding the ball like Shady after 2 double cups. B Graham penalty. Gannon going full Gannon.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

One of the worst injuries to have with how good he is. Offense about to be super obvious.

Yeah it sucks to lose him cause he has been so good this year, but thankfully we have tons of options on offense to work through. Hopefully we can return to running the ball a bit more and let AJ and Smitty carry the load on the outside. 

1 hour ago, BugzBunny101 said:

Quez doesnt fumble and we win the game. Our run defense badly need work and Jordan Davis cant come back fast enough. Humbling loss for us.

Would have been interesting to see how that unfolded. Game would have gone to 29-26 let's say, but your defense wasn't exactly stopping everything, so our offense had a shot.