Josh Allen Getting Elbow Evaluated

Chiefer

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Wow, you drafted Taylor over Chubb? And you call yourself a Browns fan...

If I could have traded the #1 overall pick I would have. TBH I was worried about Chubb's production without a viable QB, and then looking at what he's doing now, I realized that he did it for 4 years with Baker Mayfield, so that's kind of a stupid thing to have thought through.

• Like 3

Just now, MWil23 said:

If I could have traded the #1 overall pick I would have. TBH I was worried about Chubb's production without a viable QB, and then looking at what he's doing now, I realized that he did it for 4 years with Baker Mayfield, so that's kind of a stupid thing to have thought through.

Also @Forge I typically try to shy away from Browns players so that I don't become more miserable watching them play/fantasy football. Dead serious.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

If the Bills are smart, they’ll sit him for a bit. Worst case scenario (standings wise), you’re a wildcard team, but will be putting your franchise QB in a much better position. Long term and short. 

I agree with this I'm not saying it's as serious but this is the same injury that Ben Roethlisberger suffered and he was out for the entire season and when he came back he was not the same guy.

No sure mind you that Ben was much older also, But I think it's a major mistake to rush him back for the number one seed or whatever your purpose is because if he goes out there and injures his elbow more it could be detrimental to the long term portion of his career

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheKillerNacho said:

honestly if I'm the Bills I rest him for a few weeks. even with the AFC East being competitive, I don't think there's a major reason to risk their SB run

Losing the division would absolutely end the SB run, there's a reason that a wildcard team has won it so few times. Going on the road the entire way is damn near impossible.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Losing the division would absolutely end the SB run, there's a reason that a wildcard team has won it so few times. Going on the road the entire way is damn near impossible.

Sample bias. 

Of course they’ll win it less than non-wild card teams - every year (until recently) you’re putting in 8 divisional winners and 4 wildcard teams. Probability wise, you’re only half as likely to draw a WC team, and that’s if it were random (which it isn’t). Now for further context, those 4 WC teams will almost always have worse records than the divisional winners - indicating that, generally, the better teams will be the divisional winners and the worse teams will be the WC teams. 

Going on the road shouldn’t be a death sentence for a good, hot team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Certainly not, but that's also partially because wildcard teams are typically worse than division winners (not always, but in general). While most wildcards deal with not only having to travel each game but also being outmatched while doing so, a healthy Bills squad would be a superior team than basically anyone they'd play in the playoffs. That said, the first-round bye definitely has a lot of value, but even that isn't a requirement.

Regardless, I'd still have the Bills as one of the top SB favorites even if they had to play on the road in the playoffs. I cannot, however, say the same for the Bills without Josh Allen, homefield advantage or no.

21 hours ago, Yin-Yang said:

If the Bills are smart, they’ll sit him for a bit. Worst case scenario (standings wise), you’re a wildcard team, but will be putting your franchise QB in a much better position. Long term and short. 

This game vs minny doesn't mean much for playoff implications too

• Like 2