UK Posters

Hunter2_1

So I've been living behind enemy lines for a few months now (North Carolina). I've already converted to the American way of pronouncing offense and defense, have been known to utter ya'll' no less than two times, and have drunk enough sweet tea to sink the Titanic (if it doesn't keep going on and on like Cam promised us). 

Sorry lads, the American dream is alive and well. You can all rot on that little island for all I care.

13 hours ago, ianlewis16 said:

So I've been living behind enemy lines for a few months now (North Carolina). I've already converted to the American way of pronouncing offense and defense, have been known to utter ya'll' no less than two times, and have drunk enough sweet tea to sink the Titanic (if it doesn't keep going on and on like Cam promised us). 

Sorry lads, the American dream is alive and well. You can all rot on that little island for all I care.

What have they done to you....:|

Sweet....tea....!?

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Ha, I feel you! Lucky there's no relegation in the NFL. Looks like WHU might be heading down this season. Feels very similar to when we went last time (under Grant, was it?). 

Yeah, my closest mate is thankfully an NFL fan. Rams fan, so that's another one with years of nothing. 

Yep I think we're a cert to go down, especially with that fixture list up until Christmas. Sounds a bit bad to say but I wouldn't even be that bothered. If that's what it takes to help get rid of the owners, so be it! I'm just glad we've got the NFL to take our mind off it.

I played QB at the Uni. of Plymouth, though I didn't get to play a ton. First year I hardly played because the QB was a senior, second year I went to San Diego State for uni and kept fresh by playing in an intramural league. When I got back to Plymouth, I played a bit more. We ran a lot of read option which to my frustration is a big component of offense over here at that level. But I'm not particularly athletic. I'm tall and have a good arm but can't run well so it didn't suit. One time I ran a keeper and took a big hit which I didn't see coming in my peripherals. I remember getting up and not knowing where I was, and wanting to throw up. Not ashamed to admit that one made me question whether it was worth taking damage like that for what was in reality, just a bit of fun at university.

Now I just throw recreationally to maintain a decent arm and for the fun of it.

7 minutes ago, Aztec Hammer said:

Yep I think we're a cert to go down, especially with that fixture list up until Christmas. Sounds a bit bad to say but I wouldn't even be that bothered. If that's what it takes to help get rid of the owners, so be it! I'm just glad we've got the NFL to take our mind off it.

I played QB at the Uni. of Plymouth, though I didn't get to play a ton. First year I hardly played because the QB was a senior, second year I went to San Diego State for uni and kept fresh by playing in an intramural league. When I got back to Plymouth, I played a bit more. We ran a lot of read option which to my frustration is a big component of offense over here at that level. But I'm not particularly athletic. I'm tall and have a good arm but can't run well so it didn't suit. One time I ran a keeper and took a big hit which I didn't see coming in my peripherals. I remember getting up and not knowing where I was, and wanting to throw up. Not ashamed to admit that one made me question whether it was worth taking damage like that for what was in reality, just a bit of fun at university.

Now I just throw recreationally to maintain a decent arm and for the fun of it.

Yeah, the owners are out of touch. You can tell they planned to be a top 5 team around about now, with the new stadium and money injections etc. Bilic' first season gave them a false sense of hope. In terms of on-field, I haven't seen our defence (sp) this bad before, at least not that I can recall. We have conceded the most goals in the entire Prem since the start of last season - that is pathetic for a club like WH.

Ah, yeah I remember that about Uni football - so many QB runs. It was definitely run-first, but I guess that's fair enough with our winter weather. I was a Will linebacker, so it was pretty fun. Just melting the QB or RB every down lol. I promise it wasn't me who hit you though! Haha. Only played against UEA.

Archived