The Good, the Bad, we are god awful vs. Colts (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, dante9876 said:

Well yeah. Cause you have to downgrade at first. Stroud, young, levis isn't going to be better than carr Day one. Just like hurts wasn't better wentz. Tua who you trash relentlessly wasn't better than Fitzpatrick at first. If we have to down grade to a bridge qb while trying to get a rookie ready, that's fine. Teams do it all the time.. 

Another ridiculous post. 

When I have ever mentioned a short term upgrade?  When you draft a QB you are expecting a long term upgrade.  That is called common sense. 

Tua is also not a good QB despite what the TV talking heads stooges ram down your throat. He lacks consistency, makes terrible throws and reads, has a noodle arm and has the luxury of having a great running game combined with two of the best YAC Wr's in the NFL at his disposal.  He has had a few big games this year and some massive stinkers as well.  Give him an all star cast and he gets the job done but he is nothing special.  Jimmy G gets the job done with the 49ers but is not the reason they are winning games.  

3 minutes ago, ragingraider said:

Downgrade!!!!!!???????

Literally anything would be an upgrade at this point. Carr is a broken down jalopy. 

Frankie2Gunz c'mon man. How can you continue to support Carr? Are you related to him or something?

Carr has not played well but also is not the problem with this team.  Just another lazy take from an average fan.  I am not surprised. 

Andy Dalton is an upgrade over Carr in your eyes?  

If Carr has forgotten how to play football as you clearly suggest here has Matt Stafford as well?  Is he a broken down jalopy too and should the Rams cut bait on him?

10 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Young is the prospect that fits the mold of a Rodgers or Wilson. Very mobile and superior accuracy and instincts. One article I read resonated with what I saw, he's very twitchy, decisive, with instincts, like a Brees QB. CJ stroud I would say is more like Herbert. Strength, size to go along with arm strength and accuracy. Both of them are top top prospects and it's hard to find too much fault in any of their game so far when it comes to quarterbacking and getting rid of the ball smartly. 

Neither of them I would say is in the mold of a Watson or Jackson. 

Thanks for the input.  Odds are one of the two will be a bust.  If we end up going QB I hope we pick the one who will not bust out.  

I watched a bit of Young from a championship game a few years ago and he looked pretty good but I also realize that he is playing on a semi pro team that allows college QB's to appear better than they are when they have to face adversity.  I have seen nothing in regards to Stroud.  

Both Carr and Adams have publicly called out their teammates effort this week. It's a sideways jab at the coaches, players will do what coaches allow. One gets the feeling we're heading towards a showdown between McDaniels and our team leaders. Which only ends with the players finding new homes next year.  

Nothing anyone says indicates the leaders of the team are in lock step with what the coaches are wanting. They seemed detached from each other, from what they all say anyway. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Another ridiculous post. 

When I have ever mentioned a short term upgrade?  When you draft a QB you are expecting a long term upgrade.  That is called common sense. 

Tua is also not a good QB despite what the TV talking heads stooges ram down your throat. He lacks consistency, makes terrible throws and reads, has a noodle arm and has the luxury of having a great running game combined with two of the best YAC Wr's in the NFL at his disposal.  He has had a few big games this year and some massive stinkers as well.  Give him an all star cast and he gets the job done but he is nothing special.  Jimmy G gets the job done with the 49ers but is not the reason they are winning games.  

Lol. So no matter what tua does you going to give the credit to the supporting cast. A great running game, lol you mean the team that bottom 5 in rushing avg per game amd bottom ten in rushing avg per attempt. That great rushing offense. Just say you haven't watched him and you just trying to defend your original stance. Imagine being undefeated in games you didn't get hurt, being number one in qbr and rating, top 3 in comp %. Having the 21st ranked defense and winning. But folks who think carr is great call you not a good qb. Lol. Man. Just cut it out already. Your act has been gotten old. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NickButera said:

Both Carr and Adams have publicly called out their teammates effort this week. It's a sideways jab at the coaches, players will do what coaches allow. One gets the feeling we're heading towards a showdown between McDaniels and our team leaders. Which only ends with the players finding new homes next year.  

Nothing anyone says indicates the leaders of the team are in lock step with what the coaches are wanting. They seemed detached from each other, from what they all say anyway. 

Josh just got to have Maxx and afams buy into whatever they are doing next season. The rest can most likely kick rocks anyway.

Just now, NickButera said:

I agree that there is a disconnect between the coaching staff and the players.  Good players are playing below what they have shown in the past.  There is a fall off in production for many players on this roster who have historically been much better.  It has to be a scheme and motivation thing.  The O and D schemes are not meshing with the players and their skillsets.  

Todays game was an indication this team is toast and has given up all hope. 

I wonder what JM is like behind closed doors?  Is he an arrogant prick who points fingers?  Does he take accountability for this dumpster fire of a season? 

7 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Lol. So no matter what tua does you going to give the credit to the supporting cast. A great running game, lol you mean the team that bottom 5 in rushing avg per game amd bottom ten in rushing avg per attempt. That great rushing offense. Just say you haven't watched him and you just trying to defend your original stance. Imagine being undefeated in games you didn't get hurt, being number one in qbr and rating, top 3 in comp %. Having the 21st ranked defense and winning. But folks who think carr is great call you not a good qb. Lol. Man. Just cut it out already. Your act has been gotten old. 

Frankie is the king of casually watching football then calling everybody else out for their lack of knowledge. Every once in awhile he has a good take but they are hard to find amongst his steady stream of undying devotion to Carr, attacks on other poster’s football knowledge, and requests for specific upgrade plans at QB. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Over his career that spans 2.5 season he has averaged 2600 yards and 18 TD's.  The guys is average at best and surly hasn't lived up to his draft status.  Give him Hill and Waddle to rack up the YAC yards and pad Tua's stats.  Let's see how he fairs in the playoffs when he is down and a good D bringing the heat.  He will crumble because he is an average at best QB.

Jimmy G wins games and has a QBR of over 100.  Does that make him a great QB? LOL

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Over his career that spans 2.5 season he has averaged 2600 yards and 18 TD's.  The guys is average at best and surly hasn't lived up to his draft status.  Give him Hill and Waddle to rack up the YAC yards and pad Tua's stats.  Let's see how he fairs in the playoffs when he is down and a good D bringing the heat.  He will crumble because he is an average at best QB.

Jimmy G wins games and has a QBR of over 100.  Does that make him a great QB? LOL

Jimmy got a qbr of 46 and a rating of 100. Lol. Please continue to make yourself look silly. Tua has a qbr of 80+  He makes terrible reads with 18 tds and 3 int.. lol. It's ok just to say you haven't watched him this year. Oh and this the first year in the playbook, I know how you like to mention that with Carr alot. Also please enlighten me on all the stinkers he had this season. He had one vs buffalo that his team still won. That great supporting cast didn't score 20 points in any game his missed time. Weird. Lolol. 

5 minutes ago, dante9876 said:

Jimmy got a qbr of 46 and a rating of 100. Lol. Please continue to make yourself look silly. Tua has a qbr of 80+  He makes terrible reads with 18 tds and 3 int.. lol. It's ok just to say you haven't watched him this year. Oh and this the first year in the playbook, I know how you like to mention that with Carr alot. Also please enlighten me on all the stinkers he had this season. He had one vs buffalo that his team still won. That great supporting cast didn't score 20 points in any game his missed time. Weird. Lolol. 

Pats, Bills, Steelers he did nothing special.  Average at best production.  

He hasn't turned the ball over much and has been hot the last few games.  Take out his 6 TD performance week two and his stats over the first 5 games this season have been pedestrian.  

Over his career he has been a bum who was nearly ran out of town.  After a few hot games you're ready to put a yellow jacket on the guy.  I should expect nothing less from an average fan who has a limited understanding about football.  Throw out the two and a half seasons of bum play and focus on the last three games lol Classic homer move. 

Aren't you the clown you was ribbing me after Ol' Crab legs had a big week 1 last season and was calling him the QB of the future for the Saints? 

3 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Carr has not played well this season there is no doubting that but I also reiterate that Carr is not the problem with this team.  This franchise has much bigger issues than Carr no matter what casual, lazy fans post on social media.  

Of all people to call Carr buns though....  You were jocking him last season when he was playing well, he was even your sig for a period of time.  You also flip flop on Carr like the wind blows, when he is playing well you love him and when he's not he's buns.  You have also had many recommendations on how we should move on from Carr or upgrade the position all of which have been trash.  Trade multiple firsts for Wilson has to be the most recent laugher I can remember.  It was either that or tank for your "number 1" pick Spencer Rattler who you had a jersey made up for. 

What's your current recommendation for an upgrade at the position? 

You can say what you want about McDaniels, the defense, etc. But at the end of the day we've controlled our own fate at the very end of the game in 6/7 losses this year. Carr has just been terrible in clutch situations, if he played better on just a handful of drives we'd be 8-1. 

I want Bryce Young. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

He hasn't turned the ball over much and has been hot the last few games.  Take out his 6 TD performance week two and his stats over the first 5 games this season have been pedestrian.  

Tua's last 3 games:

• 382 yards (80% comp), 3 TD, 0 INT

• 302 yards (70% comp), 3 TD, 0 INT

• 285 yards (78% comp), 3 TD, 0 INT

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Frankie is the king of casually watching football then calling everybody else out for their lack of knowledge. Every once in awhile he has a good take but they are hard to find amongst his steady stream of undying devotion to Carr, attacks on other poster’s football knowledge, and requests for specific upgrade plans at QB. 

This is one of the best and most accurate posts that I have ever seen on this forum sir. I literally lol'd. 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Carr has forgotten how to play football as you clearly suggest here has Matt Stafford as well?  Is he a broken down jalopy too and should the Rams cut bait on him?

Matt Stafford has played hurt the entire season, it's pretty clear that his elbow has limited his ability to push the ball down the field. He just had an amazing season and led them to a Super Bowl a year ago though so why would they move on from him? If they can improve up front and he's healthy he has already shown that he can get them to the promise land. Carr's never won a playoff game and we've been terrible for the majority of his time here.