The Good, the Bad, we are god awful vs. Colts (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

If that’s pedestrian sheesh I wonder how he’d describe Carr’s play. When the last time carr threw 3tds in a game. Takes him 2 weeks just to get 3 tds.

*Edit took carr 3 weeks to finally get 3 tds

Has not had a 3TD game in 12/6/2020 against the Jets. 

Poor both sides of the ball imo.

Offense was given the chance to win the game but came up short again. We had the lead in the 4th quarter..again and the defense blew it. Injuries both sides of the ball are hurting but truth is we look a poor team all over. Not just the offense, not just the defense. 

Players, coaches, recruitment all to blame, not sure how anyone can point the finger at any one person or unit, all are culpable. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

I'm not sure Bryce is the better QB. wish he had better size, but he's got an it factor you can't coach. Ultimate competitor who has put a lacking Alabama team on his shoulders time and time again. He has more WOW moments than any QB I've seen in this class.

You sure you're not talking about Johnny Manziel?

Usually there's a problem with the QB you're talking about when you start using intangible pros for a prospect. 

48 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

You sure you're not talking about Johnny Manziel?

Usually there's a problem with the QB you're talking about when you start using intangible pros for a prospect. 

I was using the intangibles, because the football stuff is obvious. Arm talent, poise, decision making are all top tier. Great vision, sees the entire field. Makes plays in and out of structure. Keeps plays alive and eyes down field. 

Football side of his game are outstanding. Intangibles, also outstanding. Only knock, which is valid is his size. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

This is a good post. Tua is clearly a limited QB but good coaching is about accentuating strengths and mitigating weaknesses and Miami are doing a great job of that and playing to the teams strengths. It’s not happening here for numerous reasons however and that is incredibly disappointing as I think we mostly thought that would happen and it is what was being sold………..

Ive defended McDaniels and Ziegler but it is getting very hard to preach patience now and the last few performances are pretty indefensible 🤪 

At this point, I feel we are where we are unfortunately. We need to ride the season out, reassess at the end of the season, see what the plan now is (only Mark will know really though) and see where we go and if it’s feasible. 

I feel we either have to just ride with McDaniels and Ziegler for two to three full years and just see what happens 😳or call time and give the reigns to a guy like Harbaugh and blow everything up. That would probably be a complete foundation up rebuild in his image though.

I was never particularly on board with the McDaniels hiring in the first place (in case that wasn’t obvious already…), but I thought the one thing we’d be doing right now was looking like a solid, top 10 NFL offense. It was the one thing I thought that surely we couldn’t miss on.

Even that part of the Josh McDaniels experience looks sketchy, though. To give him some credit, we do go through bursts of looking like a top tier offence - we’ll have quarters or halves where we pile up the points and look like a fluid, cohesive unit. But then randomly that’ll just stop; it’ll be three & outs on repeat, ridiculous trick plays, tosses and end arounds at the wrong time, and just a total capitulation in general. That kind of stuff is 100% on McDaniels and it’s just so, so disappointing that the one thing he’s supposed to excel at, we’re only getting for probably less than half a game at a time on average.

I think we will ride the season out, and as much as Davis won’t want to pay three coaches at once, I really can’t see an alternative here. It’s been an unmitigated disaster all round.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

I was never particularly on board with the McDaniels hiring in the first place (in case that wasn’t obvious already…), but I thought the one thing we’d be doing right now was looking like a solid, top 10 NFL offense. It was the one thing I thought that surely we couldn’t miss on.

Even that part of the Josh McDaniels experience looks sketchy, though. To give him some credit, we do go through bursts of looking like a top tier offence - we’ll have quarters or halves where we pile up the points and look like a fluid, cohesive unit. But then randomly that’ll just stop; it’ll be three & outs on repeat, ridiculous trick plays, tosses and end arounds at the wrong time, and just a total capitulation in general. That kind of stuff is 100% on McDaniels and it’s just so, so disappointing that the one thing he’s supposed to excel at, we’re only getting for probably less than half a game at a time on average.

I think we will ride the season out, and as much as Davis won’t want to pay three coaches at once, I really can’t see an alternative here. It’s been an unmitigated disaster all round.

This Oline is so bad, I don't see how you can have much success. Jacbos is having to make guys miss in the backfield constantly. Carr is taking pressure >50% snaps most games. It's just all around ugly. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There will be a number of options in free agency this offseason too. Including Tom Brady, Jimmy G, Jacoby Brissett, Daniel Jones, Andy Dalton, Geno Smith, and Teddy Bridgewater among others. 

If we draft a QB Id want the FA that most resembles his game to come in for the first 5 - 6 weeks (at least as an option).
That way just one playbook. 

The worst is drafting a rookie, who is completely different then your starter and having 2 playbooks for the team to learn

Maybe how you win matters not just winning. This the second time in the last 7 years that a raiders team went to the playoffs on the back of a bunch of close wins, just to completely flop the following year. Not making excuses for jmd. This has been bad. But maybe winning close games isn't a formula for sustain success. We have seen it twice, with different players and coaches. Jack del Rio 2017 team had wholes with a terrible defense. This team has wholes with a terrible defense. Both came into the season with high expectations. 

Reggie got and still gets bashed alot, but at least he understood you have to build the trenches. His execution of it just sucked on the defensive side. 

The coach and gm is going to get at least another offseason. Not sure how you fire one and not the other if they was a package deal to begin with. That's one of the main reasons mayock isn't here..

Edited by dante9876

11 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

Frankie is the king of casually watching football then calling everybody else out for their lack of knowledge. Every once in awhile he has a good take but they are hard to find amongst his steady stream of undying devotion to Carr, attacks on other poster’s football knowledge, and requests for specific upgrade plans at QB. 

This is spot on.

Trade Waller. Trade Carr (for better or worse, you know he's gone--it is clear from that presser). Draft QB of the future. Use majority of remaining picks and FA additions on defensive and offensive line.

It sucks to suck. We are losing all the close games when we won them all last year. But we are competitive weekly and will come back with a lot of draft capital, cap space, and a last-place schedule in 2023. Losing but staying competitive is the way to tank for now. The first part will be no problem...

Things can turn quickly next year if we can make a few good personnel decisions (please, God) and regress to the mean in the one-score games. It's up to DZ to make the right moves where it counts. That involves QB and HC.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Trade Waller. Trade Carr (for better or worse, you know he's gone--it is clear from that presser). Draft QB of the future. Use majority of remaining picks and FA additions on defensive and offensive line.

It sucks to suck. We are losing all the close games when we won them all last year. But we are competitive weekly and will come back with a lot of draft capital, cap space, and a last-place schedule in 2023. Losing but staying competitive is the way to tank for now. The first part will be no problem...

Things can turn quickly next year if we can make a few good personnel decisions (please, God) and regress to the mean in the one-score games. It's up to DZ to make the right moves where it counts. That involves QB and HC.

If we get a top 2 pick it’s QB for me.

But, and I think we can all agree, if we can just get a good player at any position I’ll take it… this team has been so horrible at drafting just desperate for a player worth having on the roster for the duration of their rookie contract…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Maybe how you win matters not just winning. This the second time in the last 7 years that a raiders team went to the playoffs on the back of a bunch of close wins, just to completely flop the following year. Not making excuses for jmd. This has been bad. But maybe winning close games isn't a formula for sustain success. We have seen it twice, with different players and coaches. Jack del Rio 2017 team had wholes with a terrible defense. This team has wholes with a terrible defense. Both came into the season with high expectations. 

Reggie got and still gets bashed alot, but at least he understood you have to build the trenches. His execution of it just sucked on the defensive side. 

The coach and gm is going to get at least another offseason. Not sure how you fire one and not the other if they was a package deal to begin with. That's one of the main reasons mayock isn't here..

When I see this, I equate it to the QB. Carr has a history of comeback wins. Which to me is a worthless stat as it says more about the inability to put teams away. When you live on the edge like that, eventually the pendulum swings. 

The one constant in Carr's tenure is he gets really conservative with a leads. Starts playing not to lose and eventually gets in a spot he has to come back out of. There are varying factors, but some QBs go for the kill and Carr has never been that guy.