The Good, the Bad, we are god awful vs. Colts (Post-game Chat)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The defense has never held a team under their average PPG all season but they played well on a couple drives!!!....... WTF 

How good did you expect the unit to be? We were bad last year and lost a lot of key guys with a new DC/scheme this year. 

43 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I haven't watched many calls this year where I said "wow what a great defensive call".

Graham's blitzes aren't highly effective. I don't like what he's doing defensively. Situationally it's just poor to be honest. The run defense is good, but the 3rd down/RZ defense is just horrific.

And it seems like it's mostly the players on the defensive side of the ball that are defecting.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

How good did you expect the unit to be? We were bad last year and lost a lot of key guys with a new DC/scheme this year. 

But yet we expect perfection from the offense with a brand new, very complex scheme just bc we added Adams? It's certainly how you act. 

Edit: And all of this with basically no Waller and half the season with no Renfrow so the same logic could really be applied that we haven't had a lot of key guys in a brand new, complex system yet you don't seemingly have the same attitude towards them. Wonder why.............

And I'm not expecting the defense to be good, at all (but not the absolute worst either like they currently are). The simple notion that you're trying to credit them for stopping a team on a drive or two is pathetic and a pathetic excuse to use it against the offense

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The defense has been bad but got huge stops in clutch time against the Chargers, Chiefs, Titans, Cardinals, and Jaguars. 

I think one of the issues that has plagued us in critical moments down the stretch in games is that we've only really had Adams playing. 

agreed, dunno why we never used Johnson. also rather see dj turner than Cole.. cole has done nothing but drop huge plays, this week included. Hollins is what he is.. inconsistent and gets lazy at times but big target and solid hands for most part. Foster needs to be resigned. Waller needs to go sadly. We again need to add another WR. renfrow mustve been hurt even wheb playing. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Better than 32nd in virtually every category. 

Better than 32nd in at least 1/2 of the categories would be welcome, and is totally reasonable. 

• Like 3

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

For real. 

Seriously, do we even crack 15 sacks this year? There's no way to justify just how putrid we've been on defense this year. 

The crazy part was that was supposed to be the stretch where we play all the winnable games. We only won one of those and that's to the team that's most likely going to be picking number one overall(if it's not us)

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Atleast last year we had 40 sacks and were decent against the pass, good enough to make the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Better than 32nd in virtually every category. 

Better than 32nd in at least 1/2 of the categories would be welcome, and is totally reasonable. 

I get what you guys are saying but we just lost so many of the dudes that made us at least respectable down the stretch. Chandler Jones being a major dud signing definitely hurt us the most though. 

19 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

The crazy part was that was supposed to be the stretch where we play all the winnable games. We only won one of those and that's to the team that's most likely going to be picking number one overall(if it's not us)

We have made every team that we've played look good this season. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I get what you guys are saying but we just lost so many of the dudes that made us at least respectable down the stretch. Chandler Jones being a major dud signing definitely hurt us the most though. 

Pretty much the big the one big money guy on defense a complete whiff