Week 11 Thread: 5-5 Commanders @ 1-7-1 Texans - Our favorite type of trap game

MikeT14

9 hours ago, Troublez said:

5-1 during the last 6.... I am praying chase is his old self when he returns. Does anyone whose played football know if a brace will impact his get off? 

I don't think he will unfortunately. At least for this season...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Troublez said:

5-1 during the last 6.... I am praying chase is his old self when he returns. Does anyone whose played football know if a brace will impact his get off? 

HA ! I'm praying he's NOT his old self !! 1.5 sacks in 9 games before the injury. Tackles easily running him past the QB .. I don't expect any impact from him. Toohil and JSW aren't great but they seem to play within the sytem at least that's something . Effort guys . 

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

HA ! I'm praying he's NOT his old self !! 1.5 sacks in 9 games before the injury. Tackles easily running him past the QB .. I don't expect any impact from him. Toohil and JSW aren't great but they seem to play within the sytem at least that's something . Effort guys . 

Chase is not an effort guy? Please show me tape that shows he is not an effort guy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

We have to do this again huh? Chase literally gave other guys sacks because he forced the QB to move their way. Ya there were plenty of times QB's were able to sneak underneath him because he got too high on his rush which is something he has to work on but it's him being aggressive. Not to mention he had multiple sacks taken away from BS roughing the passer calls. Ya you can say sacks are a measuring stick but you also have to use your eyes. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

I hope you watched the highlights of Chase which I have provided for you and everyone in this forum from the first 9 games of last year & everyone realizes that while he didn’t have the gaudy sack numbers we want to see, he did have an impact & in several games Chase had a huge impact.

As I’ve said numerous times, Chase was close to having double digit sacks the first half of last year & would’ve if our coverage had been tighter & especially if his two bogus roughing the passer penalties on Daniel Jones & Matt Ryan had counted as sacks as they should of.

He almost had an interception of Aaron Rodgers on a screen pass, he forced Mahomes into throwing an int that McCain caught & he forced a fumble vs the Broncos which was huge.

There’s really nothing wrong w/ how Chase was playing last year except that at times - but not all the time - he & Sweat got too far upfield & didn’t retrace/cut back inside the OT to close that hole & try to get a sack that way. 

7 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I just think he was over rated and over drafted. Time will tell. I don't hate him. 

Okay, hate is a strong word lol. You don’t like him very much. Saying he was overrated and overdrafted is just insane when you can put on his college tape and watch how dominant he was. If he ends up being a bust that’s one thing but he was absolutely worthy of the second pick. 

• Like 1

Atlanta up next and they are not as easy as thought. 

1. I love this defense. When you drop the dead weight and actually take the advice to bring people back slowly is very smart. 

2. Daron Payne has 6.5 sacks. 

3. Jon Allen has been such a steal because of the notion that he had arthritis in his shoulders.

4. Jamin Davis has jumped leaps and bounds since last season. 

5. Depth on the defensive line is significantly more impactful and contribute so well when rotated in. 

6. I am absolutely astonished that Ron made the right decision and to ride the hot hand for the rest of the season. Heinicke has mastered the playbook. Is he the answer? No. 

If and when Dan sells the team, there would be a lot of optimism. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I hope you watched the highlights of Chase which I have provided for you and everyone in this forum from the first 9 games of last year & everyone realizes that while he didn’t have the gaudy sack numbers we want to see, he did have an impact & in several games Chase had a huge impact.

As I’ve said numerous times, Chase was close to having double digit sacks the first half of last year & would’ve if our coverage had been tighter & especially if his two bogus roughing the passer penalties on Daniel Jones & Matt Ryan had counted as sacks as they should of.

He almost had an interception of Aaron Rodgers on a screen pass, he forced Mahomes into throwing an int that McCain caught & he forced a fumble vs the Broncos which was huge.

There’s really nothing wrong w/ how Chase was playing last year except that at times - but not all the time - he & Sweat got too far upfield & didn’t retrace/cut back inside the OT to close that hole & try to get a sack that way. 

That defense last year did not have the production and swag they have this year. I think if Chase were committing to what Del Rio is doing with these guys, he would have way more opportunities. 

Edited by Ghostnote