GDT: Cowboys @ Vikings - Dak Prescott vs. Kirko Chainz (Get your popcorn ready)

Tony7188

10 hours ago, cromagnum said:

They play in totally different eras of football where in todays football the passing game is way more dominant. I’ve seen Aiikman and Dak play many games and I’ll take Troy in this era any day all day. 

But you are completely avoiding the point of what I am saying. I am not saying Dak > Aikman. What I am saying is that Troy is NOT A hall of famer because he threw hard or that he could be so accurate. And honestly, his numbers would suggest he wasn't quite so accurate but that's another story. Fact is, he is in there because he won games. 

And rings.

And how did he win those games, and rings? By handing the ball off 35 to 40 times a game, throwing it only 17 to 20 times a game, and letting his defense play lights out. A very successful recipe going back to the days of Landry or even Lombardi.

And here we are in 2022, and it's still a winning formula. And Dak has the ability to play to that formula, and ignorant people fixated on 40 TD stats and gaudy numbers are knocking Dak for using that recipe and making him sound like a terrible player because he doesn't have to be Mahomes or Peyton or Josh Allen to win. It seriously makes no sense. And you continuing to turn it into a debate of Troy vs Dak is like admitting you don't want to acknowledge what I'm saying, because it's easier to avoid it than admit you yourself are guilty of wanting the gaudy passing stats over the winning formula.

Fact is, yes, Mahomes won a ring and went twice...but I'm sure he would rather have 22 scores and 1000 less yards and have a good D and a stellar ground game helping him. He would probably have more rings by now if he did.

And Brady? Aside from that one historic year and a couple outstanding stat seasons (3 or 4, years out of 20+) he put up very Dak-like numbers or even less so, and he won all those rings with DEFENSE and GROUND GAME and short efficient passing to convert third and short, going deep off of play action when he could. That winning formula again.

Peyton? Deserved more rings but the Colts couldn't stop Brady's offense and were overpowered by his defense for too long. Notice he didnt get his second ring until he himself was washed up but he could play efficient and hand off a lot, and rely on his D.

Keep your flashy QB numbers and record breaking stats. Those guys are so rare and generational anyway. You don't need one to win. You need a winning formula. I'll take Dak and that winning formula any day. It's tried and true. No matter what you think of Aikman, he was not Peyton, Mahomes, or even Rodgers. He was a successful QB who is in the Hall because he was part of a very tried and true winning formula. It's not a knock on Troy. So why are you making it one on Dak? 

Makes zero sense 

17 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

That Romo-esque throw before the half to Lamb was the ball out of Daks hands? That progression based throw of THREE deep routes (one being the wheel to Pollard where he did throw) where Pollard was the fifth read and scored his second TD was the ball out of Daks hands?

I seriously may be missing something because of all the rather fun sarcasm about Dak being Davis Mills and Rush being Joe Montana, but I really don't get where this notion that Dak sucks or can't win games comes from...this is the first time in years that the defense allows Dak to not constantly have to play catch-up every single game, every single quarter. The first time in years that Moore isn't running some college offense with 4 wide outs as practically a base offense. The first time in a while Dak seems confident playing mobile out there, which is one of his strengths.

Is he Mahomes? Naw. Is he late 20s to mid 30s Brady? Naw.

But those guys are so few and far between, and there's a reason fewer than 3% of these guys make it to the hall of Fame. He doesn't have to play like a hall of famer to be successful. Would we like a hall of famer at QB? HELL YEAH. But just because a guy isn't one, doesn't mean he is a bad player.

Sometimes I wonder if many of you even remember Troy Aikman's days. The ball was rarely in his hand to win the game. A few times, few big moments, sure. But there's a reason - not just Emmitt, either - that the guys career high was like 20 TD tosses, achieved only ONCE in his career. His defense played great, they grinded a ton of clock, and he lived off of the play action. He wasn't some all time level of play maker, or throwing 35 passes a game and lighting up defenses for 3 or 4 scores a game. He played good, smart football, made the plays when he was asked, handed it off a TON, and let his defense allow 20 points to be enough to win a game.

And after 3 titles, he is in the HOF. Not because he was Steve Young-ing it with scramble drills for scores, or Dan Fouts-ing it with a million yards, or anything in between. He just played quarterback. And without Emmitt and that D, Troy would not be in the hall. So all this Dak hate, and expecting us to have a generational talent, once in a lifetime kind of Brady or Mahomes, and seeing that as the only way to win besides 'dont let Dak throw', are seriously undervaluing some of the best players in this teams history then for the same reasons, let alone some of the best to ever take a field.

Apparently you missed the last 5 years of Dak’s career and basically the entire conversation in this forum for the past 4 years.  Here’s the readers digest version to get you up to speed.  Until yesterday, Dak hasn’t beaten a team with above a .600 win % since Obama was president.  Sure, he’d look great against nfl weaklings but against good teams, he’d routine shiz the bed.  

Now, going back to before Jerry signed Dak to one of the dumbest contracts ever… many smart posters recognized that Dak can only succeed if he has an excellent running game and great OL.  Many less than smart posters disagreed and said stupid things like “the run game does not matter.”  They wanted Jerry to sign Dak to a behemoth contract even though, at best, Dak was only slightly above average.  As a result, Sak will be making $10-12M more per year in 2023-24 than the truly elite QBs in the nfl.  Meanwhile, QBs who are nearly identical to Dak in terms of performance art making about $20m per year less.  That’s not even taking the fact that Dak will count $22M against the cap in 2025 AS A FREE AGENT.  

So, here’s the real issue… we’ve already seen that a below average QB (Rush) can put up a better win percentage than Dak when the right running game is on place and the defense plays well.  We’ve seen Dak is perfectly capable of losing to 3-6 teams (a game I guarantee you cooper Rush would have won) when the coaches ask/allow Dak to do too much.  So, let’s just be honest about the situation… the Dallas Cowboys are a run dominant/defense dominant team that needs to play to their strengths.  And, something needs to be done about Dak’s contract so we can keep together the real reason the cowboys are excelling this year… run game and defense.

1 minute ago, The_Slamman said:

Apparently you missed the last 5 years of Dak’s career and basically the entire conversation in this forum for the past 4 years.  Here’s the readers digest version to get you up to speed.  Until yesterday, Dak hasn’t beaten a team with above a .600 win % since Obama was president.  Sure, he’d look great against nfl weaklings but against good teams, he’d routine shiz the bed.  

Now, going back to before Jerry signed Dak to one of the dumbest contracts ever… many smart posters recognized that Dak can only succeed if he has an excellent running game and great OL.  Many less than smart posters disagreed and said stupid things like “the run game does not matter.”  They wanted Jerry to sign Dak to a behemoth contract even though, at best, Dak was only slightly above average.  As a result, Sak will be making $10-12M more per year in 2023-24 than the truly elite QBs in the nfl.  Meanwhile, QBs who are nearly identical to Dak in terms of performance art making about $20m per year less.  That’s not even taking the fact that Dak will count $22M against the cap in 2025 AS A FREE AGENT.  

So, here’s the real issue… we’ve already seen that a below average QB (Rush) can put up a better win percentage than Dak when the right running game is on place and the defense plays well.  We’ve seen Dak is perfectly capable of losing to 3-6 teams (a game I guarantee you cooper Rush would have won) when the coaches ask/allow Dak to do too much.  So, let’s just be honest about the situation… the Dallas Cowboys are a run dominant/defense dominant team that needs to play to their strengths.  And, something needs to be done about Dak’s contract so we can keep together the real reason the cowboys are excelling this year… run game and defense.

Dak hasn't beaten, or this team hasn't beaten?

That's the problem with these comparisons and analysis of Dak. When is the last time this team had a defense that was legitimately able to keep the offense in the game and able to do what they do best? When is the last time the run blocking allowed the ground game to churn out yardage, not empty yards but competitive, meaningful yards, against a good defense? 

It's been years.

I get that it's easy to say it's all on the QB. And part of it is. But this team wasn't doing him any favors when the run blocking was iffy, the pass protection up the middle was shabby, and the defense played with the level of an FCS program. and yet still somehow Prescott remained in an MVP race for portions of those seasons. 

I get that because the camera sits on the QB and stats have become more important than the total on field product, that most fans don't accept the reality that there are 22 people on the field every play and fixate only on end of game and end of season stat lines rather than what's actually transpired on the field. But Dak, no, he hasn't been ground breaking. But also has not been deal breaking either. 

No QB wins games from their back, and it's so hard to win when you are playing from 14 down every game. The guy finally has a competitive team around him in the world's most ultimate team based sport where all 11 people on the unit matter, not just 1. You want to judge him? Do it after the next season or two now that he has a capable team.

It's no different than everyone labeling Romo off of one play his first season as a starter, or thinking of him as a bad player because his team, in a rebuilding mode, went 8-8 three times in a row. Never matter that he was the only reason they won 8 games, never mind that he threw a game winner to some reality tv 5 minutes of Fam nobody Jessey Holley with two broken ribs and a punctured lung. Nevermind that he was, to that point, one of only three passers in history to throw 30 or more scores and 10 or fewer picks in the same season...or maybe one of only two? Don't remember. Aside from TE and an edge rusher, the team had a revolving door of nobodies as they dug out of cap hell. Similar to what Dak has gone through..a slow rebuild of the OL and WR room, a complete revamping of the defense bit by bit...fact is, Dak is the only reason this team was even remotely competitive in that time frame. And now he has the team with him to help.

But I get it. Dallas fan typicality.. throw a bad pass, you suck forever. Throw a game winner, hall of Fame as of tomorrow. Lose a tough game in the playoffs, time to be replaced. Bad season? Trade all your stars for late round picks. Good season? It's super bowl or bust.

Toughest and most maniacal fan base ever

17 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Dallas beat the eventual 13-3 New Orleans Saints 13 to 10 on November 29, 2018. I don’t remember the Obama administration being given a two year amnesty to facilitate the transition to Trump, or your beloved Cooper Rush being allowed to play in that game.

The rest, there may be some truth to it, but it’s cherry-picked and you know it. Should Dallas have stuck with Kitna (4-5) over Romo (1-5) after 2010? No, I have a better idea- they should’ve gone with Stephen McGee (1-0). Just fire the QB every time he can’t go over .500 in a four game stretch, huh? That’s the path to organizational stability? No, it’s the path to anonymous message board righteousness.

When you say he Dak is making “$10-12M more” than “the best QBs in the league,” you’re talking about two guys. Allen and Mahomes. They’re the best, everyone knows it, and Dak’s cap figures will only be briefly be higher than theirs based on timing, really- Dallas dragging the negotiation on too long and restructuring it. Every other “franchise QB” on his second or third deal is about as good as Dak is, give or take, and makes as much as he does, give or take.

I can think of two guys that are generally better than him that haven’t gotten paid yet (Burrow and Herbert) and two more you’d probably take to win one game but not in the long term (Rodgers and Brady). If Lamar is your cup of tea I’ll give you him. If you can name one other QB you are taking full stop over Dak this year, in every situation, down, distance, team construct, weather, coaching staff, any context *except* contractual (Dak is fittingly 8th by QB cap hit this year fwiw) you are full of ****

1 hour ago, Dallas94Ware said:

Dak hasn't beaten, or this team hasn't beaten?

That's the problem with these comparisons and analysis of Dak. When is the last time this team had a defense that was legitimately able to keep the offense in the game and able to do what they do best? When is the last time the run blocking allowed the ground game to churn out yardage, not empty yards but competitive, meaningful yards, against a good defense? 

It's been years.

I get that it's easy to say it's all on the QB. And part of it is. But this team wasn't doing him any favors when the run blocking was iffy, the pass protection up the middle was shabby, and the defense played with the level of an FCS program. and yet still somehow Prescott remained in an MVP race for portions of those seasons. 

I get that because the camera sits on the QB and stats have become more important than the total on field product, that most fans don't accept the reality that there are 22 people on the field every play and fixate only on end of game and end of season stat lines rather than what's actually transpired on the field. But Dak, no, he hasn't been ground breaking. But also has not been deal breaking either. 

No QB wins games from their back, and it's so hard to win when you are playing from 14 down every game. The guy finally has a competitive team around him in the world's most ultimate team based sport where all 11 people on the unit matter, not just 1. You want to judge him? Do it after the next season or two now that he has a capable team.

It's no different than everyone labeling Romo off of one play his first season as a starter, or thinking of him as a bad player because his team, in a rebuilding mode, went 8-8 three times in a row. Never matter that he was the only reason they won 8 games, never mind that he threw a game winner to some reality tv 5 minutes of Fam nobody Jessey Holley with two broken ribs and a punctured lung. Nevermind that he was, to that point, one of only three passers in history to throw 30 or more scores and 10 or fewer picks in the same season...or maybe one of only two? Don't remember. Aside from TE and an edge rusher, the team had a revolving door of nobodies as they dug out of cap hell. Similar to what Dak has gone through..a slow rebuild of the OL and WR room, a complete revamping of the defense bit by bit...fact is, Dak is the only reason this team was even remotely competitive in that time frame. And now he has the team with him to help.

But I get it. Dallas fan typicality.. throw a bad pass, you suck forever. Throw a game winner, hall of Fame as of tomorrow. Lose a tough game in the playoffs, time to be replaced. Bad season? Trade all your stars for late round picks. Good season? It's super bowl or bust.

Toughest and most maniacal fan base ever

So, I’m guessing reading comprehension really isn’t your thing, eh?

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Dallas beat the eventual 13-3 New Orleans Saints 13 to 10 on November 29, 2018. I don’t remember the Obama administration being given a two year amnesty to facilitate the transition to Trump, or your beloved Cooper Rush being allowed to play in that game.

The rest, there may be some truth to it, but it’s cherry-picked and you know it. Should Dallas have stuck with Kitna (4-5) over Romo (1-5) after 2010? No, I have a better idea- they should’ve gone with Stephen McGee (1-0). Just fire the QB every time he can’t go over .500 in a four game stretch, huh? That’s the path to organizational stability? No, it’s the path to anonymous message board righteousness.

When you say he Dak is making “$10-12M more” than “the best QBs in the league,” you’re talking about two guys. Allen and Mahomes. They’re the best, everyone knows it, and Dak’s cap figures will only be briefly be higher than theirs based on timing, really- Dallas dragging the negotiation on too long and restructuring it. Every other “franchise QB” on his second or third deal is about as good as Dak is, give or take, and makes as much as he does, give or take.

I can think of two guys that are generally better than him that haven’t gotten paid yet (Burrow and Herbert) and two more you’d probably take to win one game but not in the long term (Rodgers and Brady). If Lamar is your cup of tea I’ll give you him. If you can name one other QB you are taking full stop over Dak this year, in every situation, down, distance, team construct, weather, coaching staff, any context *except* contractual (Dak is fittingly 8th by QB cap hit this year fwiw) you are full of ****

Thank you for taking the bait.  So now you realize that Dak is now 2-15 against teams with .600 win record since 2018!!!  And that’s your QB who makes $10-12M a year more than the true nfl elites.  QBs who have actually won something.  So, please explain to me again what exactly Dak has done to be getting paid more than Allen and Mahomes?  Let alone Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G?  

Until yesterday, Cooper Rush had just as many during the same time period.  I’m guessing that Cooper should probably be making $50M per year next year too?  

if you are being honest even you’d have to admit that the reason the team is winning this year has nothing to do with QB play.  Once you come to that realization… you’ll realize to continue playing to the strength requires trimming the fat off the mediocre.  

1 hour ago, matt79511 said:

Dude, if I wasn't already married for 30+ years, I would propose to you. Does Texas have polygamy? 

18 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

Thank you for taking the bait.  So now you realize that Dak is now 2-15 against teams with .600 win record since 2018!!!  And that’s your QB who makes $10-12M a year more than the true nfl elites.  QBs who have actually won something.  So, please explain to me again what exactly Dak has done to be getting paid more than Allen and Mahomes?  Let alone Kirk Cousins or Jimmy G?  

Until yesterday, Cooper Rush had just as many during the same time period.  I’m guessing that Cooper should probably be making $50M per year next year too?  

if you are being honest even you’d have to admit that the reason the team is winning this year has nothing to do with QB play.  Once you come to that realization… you’ll realize to continue playing to the strength requires trimming the fat off the mediocre.  

As was explained above, his cap hit 'above the elites' is only so for a very brief period. Your argument is flawed, and you are the one flawing it in favor of creating a narrative that is incorrect but suits your intent.

Daks cap hit is higher because he was given fewer years, and his bonus money is therefore stretched less thin over a shorter period. In reality, his contract is no where near in the realm of Mahomes or others like him, it has him being paid on par with what the man has done and continues to do. 

You mention his record against good teams. Once more: is it his record, or the Dallas Cowboys record? You keep mentioning Obama like it matters. Fact is, those were the last years Dak had a meaningful team ready to win. Sice then, the team has been in a terrible period of transition between coaching staff, offensive line, defense, and receiver. Dak, Tyron, Martin, Anthony Brown and Lawrence are probably the only starters left from that period, and with good reason...they were the only guys who were any good! The entire roster was over budget, and not playing well. It was time to rebuild. And here they've done it right under your nose, and now they are winning WITHOUT having to put everything on one guys shoulders. And you want to hate on the man for being able to let his team shoulder some of the burden for the first time in 4 years?

Let's be realistic here. You cannot compare Cooper Rush's dink and dunk offense to what Dak is able to do. Rush is not very mobile and when he does move around, his already shaky accuracy is gone. He can't push the ball down field and when he tries, it sails so long in the air all 4 DBs and all 4 eligible receivers have a chance to run under it. Rush is a backup, one who beat some crummy teams and put the team in a position to let the starter come back and have a chance to do something special. Rush did his job. Dak has the ability to do everything you need to win, not just dink and dunk play careful football. He makes plays. Always has. Nothing you say can diminish that. He just FINALLY has a team capable of requiring him to make fewer of them to win, and that's a beautiful thing.

If all you care about are stats, go play Madden and pad them up to your hearts content. In the actual NFL, it's about winning. And Dak finally has a team capable of winning. Mahomes WISHES he had this defense helping him. Allen WISHES he had this kind of ground game taking some of the burden off him. Brady won 5+ titles with this kind of team around him. Wilson won a ring in his prime wit this kind of team. Peyton won his 2 the same way. Only one guy I can think of, Mahomes, won a title essentially doing it all with his arm. And even then, notice how it took the emergence of a decent running back and a pass rush to help, whereas when he threw 50 scores, he couldn't cut it?

It's a team sport. Best team wins. Not the best stats.

Edited by Dallas94Ware

28 minutes ago, The_Slamman said:

He’s not getting paid more than Allen or Mahomes by AAV or practical guarantees (the Mahomes contract is wonky but in practice the whole thing is pretty much guaranteed). Only by cap hit in ‘23 and ‘24. Which is malleable, not equivalent to his wage, and not really relevant to this season.

And are you sure it’s 15 losses? You obviously didn’t actually count up all of the games. And now the stat is since 2018 instead of since Obama was president, so as to exclude the 2017 Chiefs game too (and the finale at Philly, though I will grant you that that one shouldn’t count). Are you discounting the Seattle playoff win too, because I’m not sure how you get to 15 losses without the two playoff losses- there really aren’t that many .600+ teams per year, 10 wins isn’t even enough anymore. What’s the term for this rhetorical strategy again? Something about relocating the field goal bars?

You’ve been repeating this “since Obama was president” line, which you now admit was bait, because it makes it sound like Dak has only regressed as a player since his rookie year. You know that’s not actually true, people who evaluate film for a living post clips/articles all across the internet every week conveying how untrue it is, and they loathe fans and media personalities that prefer incendiary hot takes based on team results and carefully selected statistics.

Can I admit the defense, OL and running game might have more to do with this team’s record to this point than Dak’s play? Yeah, sure, he’s played five games. But I only admit this because you too admit that you’re trolling, because sophistry is fun.

Edited by matt79511

3 hours ago, Dallas94Ware said:

But you are completely avoiding the point of what I am saying. I am not saying Dak > Aikman. What I am saying is that Troy is NOT A hall of famer because he threw hard or that he could be so accurate. And honestly, his numbers would suggest he wasn't quite so accurate but that's another story. Fact is, he is in there because he won games. 

And rings.

And how did he win those games, and rings? By handing the ball off 35 to 40 times a game, throwing it only 17 to 20 times a game, and letting his defense play lights out. A very successful recipe going back to the days of Landry or even Lombardi.

And here we are in 2022, and it's still a winning formula. And Dak has the ability to play to that formula, and ignorant people fixated on 40 TD stats and gaudy numbers are knocking Dak for using that recipe and making him sound like a terrible player because he doesn't have to be Mahomes or Peyton or Josh Allen to win. It seriously makes no sense. And you continuing to turn it into a debate of Troy vs Dak is like admitting you don't want to acknowledge what I'm saying, because it's easier to avoid it than admit you yourself are guilty of wanting the gaudy passing stats over the winning formula.

Fact is, yes, Mahomes won a ring and went twice...but I'm sure he would rather have 22 scores and 1000 less yards and have a good D and a stellar ground game helping him. He would probably have more rings by now if he did.

And Brady? Aside from that one historic year and a couple outstanding stat seasons (3 or 4, years out of 20+) he put up very Dak-like numbers or even less so, and he won all those rings with DEFENSE and GROUND GAME and short efficient passing to convert third and short, going deep off of play action when he could. That winning formula again.

Peyton? Deserved more rings but the Colts couldn't stop Brady's offense and were overpowered by his defense for too long. Notice he didnt get his second ring until he himself was washed up but he could play efficient and hand off a lot, and rely on his D.

Keep your flashy QB numbers and record breaking stats. Those guys are so rare and generational anyway. You don't need one to win. You need a winning formula. I'll take Dak and that winning formula any day. It's tried and true. No matter what you think of Aikman, he was not Peyton, Mahomes, or even Rodgers. He was a successful QB who is in the Hall because he was part of a very tried and true winning formula. It's not a knock on Troy. So why are you making it one on Dak? 

Makes zero sense 

Dak is a good qb he doesn’t have the accuracy or arm of Troy just go watch the tape not the numbers. Or go listen Norv Turner when he says in practice Troy  almost never threw an incompletion. Go look what Jimmy has said Troy could have had much better numbers as he was very talented passer but he was always team guy first so since they had a great running game to go with a fast defense they didn’t need to be Air Cooreal but they could have if they wanted as Troy could make every throw. Without Aikman the cowboys don’t win 3 Super Bowls you know that. When Dallas played the 49ers in the nfc championship game in 92 Troy had one biggest drives in franchise history with pass to Harper then Martin as the 49ers just scored a td in like 5 plays. I think you are seriously downplaying how good Troy was especially in big games in the playoffs. Troy was the leader and the main reason the cowboys won Super Bowls. One more thing in a timing offense where the ball was 75 percent in the air while the receiver was making his cut on a route be it skinny post deep out what ever. Dak could not play in this offense as he doesn’t have the arm or accuracy. 

I've been reading all your posts about this and from what I gather, a lot of your points, both of you, are based on stas.

Well, here is a stat. Romo has better overall numbers than both Aikman and Dak.

The only stat I am interested in is this, can Dak play within himself to lead us to a title or not?

I don't care if he swallows the ball and rifles it out his *** for a TD, if it works and guides us to victory, I'm in!

Edited by Rtnldave

17 minutes ago, Rtnldave said:

I've been reading all your posts about this and from what I gather, a lot of your points, both of you, are based on stas.

Well, here is a stat. Romo has better overall numbers than both Aikman and Dak.

The only stat I am interested in is this, can Dak play within himself to lead us to a title or not?

I don't care if he swallows the ball and rifles it out his *** for a TD, if it works and guides us to victory, I'm in!

That’s all that matters and so far Dak has failed in most big games. Yesterday he was great in a big game we needed to win. No turnovers and some really nice passes. Let’s hope it continues and we see Dak with some clutch performances in the playoffs. I am skeptical but I hope  I am wrong 

Dak played a great game. The pass to CD on the sideline. The wheel route to Pollard, the touch pass to Gallup, even the incomplete pass in the 1st quarter to Schultz in the end zone was perfectly placed. 

IDK what injection they gave him before the game, but if he always played like that he’d have at least one less hater. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, cromagnum said:

Dak is a good qb he doesn’t have the accuracy or arm of Troy just go watch the tape not the numbers. Or go listen Norv Turner when he says in practice Troy  almost never threw an incompletion. Go look what Jimmy has said Troy could have had much better numbers as he was very talented passer but he was always team guy first so since they had a great running game to go with a fast defense they didn’t need to be Air Cooreal but they could have if they wanted as Troy could make every throw. Without Aikman the cowboys don’t win 3 Super Bowls you know that. When Dallas played the 49ers in the nfc championship game in 92 Troy had one biggest drives in franchise history with pass to Harper then Martin as the 49ers just scored a td in like 5 plays. I think you are seriously downplaying how good Troy was especially in big games in the playoffs. Troy was the leader and the main reason the cowboys won Super Bowls. One more thing in a timing offense where the ball was 75 percent in the air while the receiver was making his cut on a route be it skinny post deep out what ever. Dak could not play in this offense as he doesn’t have the arm or accuracy. 

Why are you still thinking I'm comparing the two? I'm not...

What I am saying is thatwhen Troy threw 16 TDs and 11 picks in a season for only 3100 yards and leaned heavy on the run and defense to win, he was considered amazing and the team won rings. But when Dak does similar and wins, y'all say he sucks. Dak is only doing what Troy was blessed enough to be able to do his whole career.

I'm NOT saying Dak vs Troy or anything like that. Troy had one of the hardest throws in the NFL in his era outside of Favre, and still knew when to take some off to loft it perfectly in the right place for Irv to make a play on it. And he has 3 rings. But if stats matter that much to you and others, if a QB having to lean on the run and his defense to win makes a QB be 'not good' ... Well watch your words cause this teams very own HOF QB Troy Aikman didn't have food stats, leaned heavy on the run game, and really couldn't put his career on a good path until his defense started shutting down opponents and he didn't have to throw 35 times a game. That's not a knock on Troy. Because this is the ultimate team sport. And it shouldn't be a knock on Dak, either.

And yes, different eras - but just like in this era, there was still one generation otherworldly perhaps even a cyborg playing QB in Aikman's era putting up record breaking eye popping stats - Dan Marino. So it isn't like it wasn't possible then. It's just those guys are so uncommon. And usually when you have a guy that HAS to play like that, it's because his team just isn't good and he has no choice but to say, hop on my back and I'll try to get you to the finish line. Dak is NOT that. But he can CERTAINLY be what Aikman was asked to be, the QB who makes an exceptional throw when it's needed but thrives best behind a good D, a good ground game, and good play calling  

Edited by Dallas94Ware