Run the table thread. It's all execution and playing to potential.

Scoremore

19 minutes ago, Scoremore said:

That is exactly what I said in 2010.  

I felt a lot stronger in 2010. The only team I had any concern about was Atlanta, since they’d beaten us earlier in the year. I felt good about the home finale against Chicago, and once we were in I knew we had a shot at a run. I was ready to bet an entire paycheck on the Philly game. Had some doubt against Atlanta but we blew them out. Felt strong about going into Chicago. And then I thought our passing game would do exactly what what it did against Pittsburgh. It didn’t feel like a Cinderella run at all. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

I felt a lot stronger in 2010. The only team I had any concern about was Atlanta, since they’d beaten us earlier in the year. I felt good about the home finale against Chicago, and once we were in I knew we had a shot at a run. I was ready to bet an entire paycheck on the Philly game. Had some doubt against Atlanta but we blew them out. Felt strong about going into Chicago. And then I thought our passing game would do exactly what what it did against Pittsburgh. It didn’t feel like a Cinderella run at all. 

We were a walking mash unit.  Can't remember how many guys were on IR think it was around 15 guys.  Barnett, Burnett, Grant, Neal, Poppinga, Chillar, Finely, Taucher...just off the top of my head.  Was brutal. Just didn't think we had the horses that year.  Never thought we would get past Atlanta.  Just never know.  Oh man felt like a Cinderella story to me.  In 1996 we all knew 2010 didn't see it coming.  If we go all the way this year only one to see it will be Outpost.  He called it a few weeks ago.  NFL is random.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, chefj85 said:

The only thing that really made me feel better about 2010 was Charles Woodson. I felt that at basically any time he needed to, he could take the ball away and change the game. We had some other great defenders, but that type of player is the secret ingredient we may be missing. If nothing else, he always made me believe in that team more than anyone on the current roster does. Does that mean anything? I honestly couldn’t tell you. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Isherwood said:

The only thing that really made me feel better about 2010 was Charles Woodson. I felt that at basically any time he needed to, he could take the ball away and change the game. We had some other great defenders, but that type of player is the secret ingredient we may be missing. If nothing else, he always made me believe in that team more than anyone on the current roster does. Does that mean anything? I honestly couldn’t tell you. 

Don’t forget about Matthews. He was a monster that year. Should’ve been DPOY. He was the x factor on defense that year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

That is exactly what I said in 2010.  

Very true. Take into account the injuries to woodson and I believe driver? James Jones also dropped a huge gain / possible TD before half. Andrew quarles at TE and James starks at RB. 

Honestly?  I too feel like the team is very flawed.  It starts with the QB.  Inexperienced WR's.  No threat at TE.  Then it moves to the defense.  

And at the end of the day?  I don't feel like any team is going to want to see GB in the first round of the playoffs, should GB get in.

We are playing with house money at this point.

Sure we are flawed.  So are a lot of NFC teams.  NFL is random, let's see how far this ride goes.  I'm actually enjoying this more than being a powerhouse in the past knowing what is coming after a bye.

Edited by vegas492
  • Like 3

On 1/4/2023 at 10:11 AM, Norm said:

I should have trademarked this years ago

I don’t know if you followthe Bucks or someone else here pointed this one out but coach Budenholzer, who I think is a solid coach but the last guy I would want to give a fiery halftime speech, had a “play random” mantra on the Bucks’ championship run. My friends and I found that hilarious and wanted to print tshirts with the phrase and the trophy.  Play random, my friends 

Edited by Refugee
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

Coach's Bud's expressions on his face always make me think that he's either dropping a long, silent but deadly fart....or smelling a long, silent but deadly fart.

At all times. Except briefly at the championship parade. He looked 10 years younger with his job no longer on the line and for the first time, not a victim of flatulence.  

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 9:23 AM, vegas492 said:

Sure we are flawed.  So are a lot of NFC teams.  NFL is random, let's see how far this ride goes.  I'm actually enjoying this more than being a powerhouse in the past knowing what is coming after a bye.

I agree. I know the old cliché that you want home field, and a bye blah blah blah. This is more exciting IMO, and honestly with the way our QB is wired I think this is a better path for us. 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2023 at 4:27 AM, Scoremore said:

We were a walking mash unit.  Can't remember how many guys were on IR think it was around 15 guys.  Barnett, Burnett, Grant, Neal, Poppinga, Chillar, Finely, Taucher...just off the top of my head.  Was brutal. Just didn't think we had the horses that year.  Never thought we would get past Atlanta.  Just never know.  Oh man felt like a Cinderella story to me.  In 1996 we all knew 2010 didn't see it coming.  If we go all the way this year only one to see it will be Outpost.  He called it a few weeks ago.  NFL is random.

Three things to add to that.

It's not so much 'how many' are injured, more 'which ones' are injured. Lots of guys injured in that SB run, but not so many key guys.

It's also very important how much of a drop-off there is, between an injured guy and his replacement, some areas of any team can stand injuries better because the no.2's are close in ability to the no.1's.

Finally, there is also the problem of cluster injuries within one unit, which can really mess up the whole team.