Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Got around to watching the 22 on Love's two drives last night. That was some high level ****. The throw to Watson, back turned to the field on the PA, back foot hits, turn around, survey and rip it, damn. Probably less than a second he took to decipher his read was open and get the ball out. The throw to Jones to beat Cover-2, lawd, he saw that open up on the tablet on the sidelines after the first series. They had Jones on the opposite side on the play he checked down to Dillon, same coverage, same play. Came back to it next series, saw he had the same look and let that rip with anticipation, stupid Jones ruined a sweet play.

He is ready, thanks Aaron for the GOAT career. Need to find a way out of that contract. 

eygyul67tl661.jpg?auto=webp&s=1ff2e300c4

It was the check down to Dillon for me. That showed poise and maturity. 

I feel just like I did after Rodgers' Dallas game. You could just tell you had a future star at QB2.

On 12/2/2022 at 4:59 PM, squire12 said:

@vegas492

Here is what I'm talking about.  I thought it was a good throw.  Others didn't 

Totally get it.  To the untrained eye, and I mean no disrespect, the throw was behind Jones.  But as a former QB who has made that throw before and been taught how to make that throw, it was perfect.  

The real key to that route is influencing the under corner enough to make sure they don't keep dropping to get the int.  (Teams run plays similar to that on us all the time.  Only they run a WR across the formation into that void and then are thrown to catch it and go out of bounds prior to being lit up by the safety.  On our play, we just ran through the zone and into the hole which attracts quicker attention to the safety.)

Ball was on such a rope that it got to Jones before he got his hands up for it.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:38 AM, pgwingman said:

I've always been afraid of getting cancelled for my hottest take: If the Beatles were around today, they would be just another boy band

Well, of course they would. 

I feel like their songwriting is abit overrated but for their time, they could've coasted doing what they were doing. Instead, they were musically and lyrialy adventurous and explored the possibilities of the studio.. Theirambition in those two areas outshines their musical output (which even if a little overstated is still extremely significant).

It's always tough to place innovators - watch an old Marx Bros movie and it can be "eh, I've heard those jokes a thousand times." Which is true, but what you're watching is the invention of those jokes, imagine seeing it fresh. Now do the same with The Beatles.

• Like 3