Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

The PHI game produced excellent results on multiple levels.  The GB tank remains on track, Watson continues to shine, we may have found a decent KR, there is one more nail in the Barry coffin, and the appearance by Love makes the rest of the season far more interesting.

This Loss was a Win-Win-Win-Win-Win

Edited by Mazrimiv
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Didn't include that one for "reasons". Not going to dive into why but I can definitely see why they'd be mentioned.

Only reason I could think if Josh Daniels wouldn't want Rodgers and his Primadonna attitude. That is not the Patriot way. 

I could also see Davis telling Daniels to hit the road if he didn't want Rodgers as well. 

13 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

in-your-face-lady-decade.gif

At this point, I'd use the rest of the season to evaluate young guys. Winning won't get you into the playoffs with losses to Wash/NYG, and the division isn't happening (Minnesota plays Indy, Chi and Detroit still).

Get the young guys experience, maybe win one game but consider this time an extension of the preseason.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, SteelKing728 said:

At this point, I'd use the rest of the season to evaluate young guys. Winning won't get you into the playoffs with losses to Wash/NYG, and the division isn't happening (Minnesota plays Indy, Chi and Detroit still).

Get the young guys experience, maybe win one game but consider this time an extension of the preseason.

I don't disagree much.  I think we can beat the Bears and Lions, and Rams for that matter.  I am mostly rooting for my favorite players to do well, now.  Christian Watson, Keisean Nixon, Rudy Ford, Krys Barnes.  I would also like to see if any of the second tier edge guys can step up in a useful way.  I love Randall Cobb, but I would really like to see Samori Toure get more snaps, because Cobb's best football is in the past.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'd say trade him anywhere.  If you think Love is the guy...I don't care if they trade him within the division.  Get the best deal you can period.  That was the only mistake with Favre.  He wanted to play with the Vikings from the onset to prove himself and we would not let that happen even though the Vikings were rumored to have offered the Packers an unconditional first round pick.  Instead we dealt him to the Jets for a conditional third rounder.  And guess what, he still ended up with the Vikings.  Anytime you take a first from a divisional rival, your potentially weakening them and potentially strengthening yourself. 

Best team for him is Colts

Indoor 

Tons of cap space

New Coach will come in

A DIVA owner

Good Oline

Weak Division

Edited by Jaire_Island

2 hours ago, coachbuns said:

Agree.  If Love looks good down the road, don't be surprised if the Packers sit down with Rodgers in the offseason, ask him which AFC team that needs a qb with lots of salary cap $$ he'd like to go to.  The compensation maybe won't be as good as before this season but there will be a number of teams willing to take him off the Packers roster. 

I dont think it's going to be a Favre AFC situation Unless Rodgers retires-unretires. I think they'd send him where it wants to go with Love.

I also wouldnt be shocked to see 12 play one more year in GB.

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

Serious question.  Is Quay Walker hurt? 

He looked slow on that fumble return.  I thought he was supposed to be Uber fast.  

I think he was just gassed.  He did play in every defensive snap last night.  And I know that wasn't the last play of the game, but he had been running quite a bit, then had to do 60ish yards.  Speed is the last thing that I am worried about with Quay.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

I dont think it's going to be a Favre AFC situation Unless Rodgers retires-unretires. I think they'd send him where it wants to go with Love.

I also wouldnt be shocked to see 12 play one more year in GB.

12 plays one more year

Retires in March 2024

Love takes the reigns for his age 26 season.