Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

Just now, Leader said:

I dont think the team's actually tanking for draft position and a team that learns to accept losing....or adopts an "Oh well..." attitude as a way to get thru the season.....is a very bad precedent to set IMO.

This defense has players that aren't playing to win, they are playing to not get hurt.  You can see it in their approach to tackling.  

1 minute ago, NFLGURU said:

This defense has players that aren't playing to win, they are playing to not get hurt.  You can see it in their approach to tackling.  

Well then the worm has certainly turned in Green Bay. I guess thats what a losing (or lost) season will get you. Hasnt happened in Green Bay for quite awhile. Be interested to know when this "acceptance of their fate" overcame them and they became clock watchers just going thru the motions.....badly.

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

Exactly. You can have a single tank season and reset that **** the next season with a team like this.

Not only you can. It’s almost like you have to  suck once in awhile to get cheap young talent. Only team that got away with almost always winning that I can recall was the BB/Brady pats. 

Edited by Arthur Penske
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, pf9 said:

It is shameful that it took Rodgers getting hurt for Love to get significant playtime.

Shameful?  The coaches must feel even with Love's obvious improvement the team's chances of winning lie with AR starting.  I don't consider 2 series significant but I liked what I saw.  If Rodgers can't go next week it will be interesting to see more of Love.  

4 hours ago, Arthur Penske said:

Sounds like he’s pretty open to it:

Thats the problem.

The coach should always decide who plays and who sits.

There doesnt need to be "conversations".

Its MLF's call here, or at least he should feel empowered to. Feels like MLF acquiesces a lot. 

• Like 1