Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Seriously. It's time to pull the ******* plug and get on with life.
IMO Love playing now doesnt preclude AR wont be back with the team next year - but the organization's gotta start making some decisions and taking some action. They seem to be sleep walking thru things.

If this was a home game, I'd have fired Barry's *** right after the game. Go clean out your office and thanks for participating. It's time to send some messages to folks that sub par play (or coaching) will no longer be tolerated.

My 2 cents.

Unfortunately, that's never been Green Bay's mantra.

Just now, Leader said:

I agree entirely.....but I think it's time to change the music a bit.

Nobody's playing with any urgency. Nobody.

If you want that, you're going to need the Packers to completely clean house.  And that's not something I'd anticipate happening anytime soon.

Just now, Arthur Penske said:

I mean not really but they did fire Mac in season which many thought wouldn’t happen.

I don’t see it happening with Barry and I know it was different but they did it with MM

And honestly, I don't think we'd ever see the day that they'd fire a coach midseason.  But it took Rodgers publicly feuding and the embarrassment against the Cardinals for them to pull the plug.  It's probably more akin to firing Maurice Drayton than Mike McCarthy.

Just now, CWood21 said:

If you want that, you're going to need the Packers to completely clean house.  And that's not something I'd anticipate happening anytime soon.

I disagree. They dont  need to clean house in order to send a message - and Barry getting canned would wake some folks up - if only because it would break with "Packer tradition" and how they do things. 

Barry's gone. Cant be saved. Get rid of him now. Perhaps it'll sharpen up some of our tackling skills......

Just now, deltarich87 said:

And they're playing the Bears. From today's post game pressers from both LaFleur/Rodgers, seems like he'll be starting as long as he's cleared by the medical staff.

I'm fully anticipating Rodgers playing.  I think the only way he doesn't play is if he says he can't go.  The medical staff isn't overriding him IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

I disagree. They dont  need to clean house in order to send a message - and Barry getting canned would wake some folks up - if only because it would break with "Packer tradition" and how they do things. 

Barry's gone. Cant be saved. Get rid of him now. Perhaps it'll sharpen up some of our tackling skills......

I was trying to say that if you want coaches fired midseason, you're probably going to want a new regime in place.  I don't think this management is going to be doing that.  If they didn't do that with Drayton, they aren't doing it with Barry.

6 minutes ago, Leader said:

I say start it now. Put folks on notice that things have got to change. Get their attention.
A better DC may or may not exist on our coaching tree - but sending a message to the players cant hurt at this stage. Everybody's playing for their careers.....so start playing like it.....or you'll be the next one out the door.

I suspect once we are mathematically eliminated from the WC Rodgers will go on IR and hopefully Berry will get a pink slip.

Just now, CWood21 said:

I was trying to say that if you want coaches fired midseason, you're probably going to want a new regime in place.  I don't think this management is going to be doing that.  If they didn't do that with Drayton, they aren't doing it with Barry.

No. Put Gray in charge...or somebody else. I'm not expecting he'll turn things around - but this team needs a shot across it's bow.  Now.

I dont want coaches fired midseason. I want one coach **** canned. For cause.

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

No. Put Gray in charge...or somebody else. I'm not expecting he'll turn things around - but this team needs a shot across it's bow.  Now.

I dont want coaches fired midseason. I want one coach **** canned. For cause.

Not that I don't disagree with you, but that's not how the Packers' FO operates.  They won't like the optics of firing a coach midseason.