Week 12 Gameday Thread (SNF Edition) - Green Bay Packers (4-7-0) @ Philadelphia Eagles (9-1-0)

Striker

11 minutes ago, coachbuns said:

Agree.  If Love looks good down the road, don't be surprised if the Packers sit down with Rodgers in the offseason, ask him which AFC team that needs a qb with lots of salary cap $$ he'd like to go to.  The compensation maybe won't be as good as before this season but there will be a number of teams willing to take him off the Packers roster. 

I'd say trade him anywhere.  If you think Love is the guy...I don't care if they trade him within the division.  Get the best deal you can period.  That was the only mistake with Favre.  He wanted to play with the Vikings from the onset to prove himself and we would not let that happen even though the Vikings were rumored to have offered the Packers an unconditional first round pick.  Instead we dealt him to the Jets for a conditional third rounder.  And guess what, he still ended up with the Vikings.  Anytime you take a first from a divisional rival, your potentially weakening them and potentially strengthening yourself. 

Just now, coachbuns said:

Disagree .. Rodgers wants to play another year or two, especially at what his contract is worth.  There's more than 1 team that would love to have him .. all it takes is that one team.  Will be fascinating to watch.

It isn't about the money. He wants to retire a Packer. That's the one thing he's consistently said the last two years. He doesn't want to play for any other team.

9 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Maybe @Mr Anonymous can tell us if Love will still be off the roster sooner than Rodgers.

Those of you who want to embrace any glimmer of hope that Rodgers will be gone next year, ought to be hoping for him to heal up and tease some potential suitors with strong play down the stretch. There also probably needs to be some public finger pointing at him by the team to create a situation where he wants to play elsewhere out of revenge. Because that dude is bound and determined to go out on his own terms. And to date, that has meant staving off Love and playing his entire career with the Packers. It's precisely why he signed the contract the way it was structured. He wanted to make it as close to impossible to send him elsewhere or be cut. So now, whether you all like it or not, you need Rodgers to show he still has it, while also conjuring up the motivation to burn the Packers by having a resurgent revenge stint elsewhere.

And THIS is why when you draft a legend's replacement, you damn well better be ready to move on from him. No matter how differently they tried to handle this, it's become Favre 2.0. At this point, Rodgers-haters need him to channel his inner Brett Favre and develop an intense desire to want to play for 2-3 more years AND insist that it be for a different organization.

Good luck because that's a lot wishing.

Edited by Mr Anonymous
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Maybe he will get better.  I was shocked you guys went Lb so early.  Thought everyone had learned positional value lesson of LBs and RBs. 

Good news is you guys didn’t quit on Watson and he is becoming a stud.  

I hope its just Joe Barry but nights like last night don't give me much hope. He was flat out awful. First third down of the game he completely whiffs on a solo tackle of Hurts and he never seems to actually hit a gap with any authority, just stands around and gets blocked into oblivion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, StatKing said:

360 yards rushing allowed. Thats horrific.

They've quit on that coordinator.  There were a several "business decisions" being made by a couple db's last night.  And the scheme was entirely wrong against the Eagles.  Collingsworth figured that out early but apparently our defensive coordinator could not.  We played a light 6 man box for much of last night and paid for it.  We were much more effective any time we put in the true 3-4 front in stopping the run but used it only sparingly.

2 minutes ago, minnypackerfan said:

I'd say trade him anywhere.  If you think Love is the guy...I don't care if they trade him within the division.  Get the best deal you can period.  That was the only mistake with Favre.  He wanted to play with the Vikings from the onset to prove himself and we would not let that happen even though the Vikings were rumored to have offered the Packers an unconditional first round pick.  Instead we dealt him to the Jets for a conditional third rounder.  And guess what, he still ended up with the Vikings.  Anytime you take a first from a divisional rival, your potentially weakening them and potentially strengthening yourself. 

While I agree with this in principle, I'd be shocked to see GB trade Rodgers within the NFC.

Just now, StatKing said:

I hope its just Joe Barry but nights like last night don't give me much hope. He was flat out awful. First third down of the game he completely whiffs on a solo tackle of Hurts and he never seems to actually hit a gap with any authority, just stands around and gets blocked into oblivion.

He didn’t have a good game.  Opposite.  Why I thought he might be battling something.

Didn't he have awesome combine numbers?  Gotta run to work.  Won’t reply for a long time.  

Just now, StatKing said:

It isn't about the money. He wants to retire a Packer. That's the one thing he's consistently said the last two years. He doesn't want to play for any other team.

It's always about the money .. he's shown that the past number of years taking all he could from the Packers.  For $50 million a year, you'd be saying I'm a Packer for life too.  We shall see.

Just now, dll2000 said:

He didn’t have a good game.  Opposite.  Why I thought he might be battling something.

Didn't he have awesome combine numbers?  Gotta run to work.  Won’t reply for a long time.  

Quay has all the physical tools.  The primary thing he is battling is poor instincts.  GB's only real hope is that reps will improve the situation.

51 minutes ago, StatKing said:

Guy scored one garbage time td and you guys cant stop losing your mind.

I thought the whole game was garbage time from both defenses.  The Eagles defense has some issues...they need Davis back badly as he is their run stopper.  But their special teams were worse than ours and as we all know ours are still pretty bad.

If Rodgers gets to the point where he'd embrace a trade, it will probably be both a place he can win immediately (duh) AND either play against the Packers or stand directly in their path. And he has the leverage with his contract that Favre didn't have. So NFC team and preferably one on the Packers schedule. Again, good luck with all that to those who want Rodgers gone after this year.

Saints and Bucs fit the bill looking at the schedule. No SF on the 2023 docket unless the 49ers collapse to the same divisional finish as Green Bay. 

Edited by Mr Anonymous

12 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If Rodgers gets to the point where he'd embrace a trade, it will probably be both a place he can win immediately (duh) AND either play against the Packers or stand directly in their path. And he has the leverage with his contract that Favre didn't have. So NFC team and preferably one on the Packers schedule. Again, good luck with all that to those who want Rodgers gone after this year.

Saints and Bucs fit the bill looking at the schedule. No SF on the 2023 docket unless the 49ers collapse to the same divisional finish as Green Bay. 

Las Vegas, reunite with Davante and take Bak with them after June 1st. The Raiders have the cap space and can gain a bunch more by moving on from Carr.

• Like 1