Zach Wilson

biggie.

Just now, iknowcool said:

As someone who didn't watch the game... wow.  Some of those misses. The worst might have been the would-be check down to #10.  But they were all bad.  To the point where I don't know how a coach looks his team in the eye and confidently says this man gives you the best chance to win.  Flacco was averaging 300 yards per game.  Say what you want about him but he'll sling it, good or bad.  Jets need something.

Only thing with Joe is he wouldn’t stand a chance behind the O-Line the way it’s constructed right now. Zach stinks but his mobility is his only good asset.

Just now, iknowcool said:

As someone who didn't watch the game... wow.  Some of those misses. The worst might have been the would-be check down to #10.  But they were all bad.  To the point where I don't know how a coach looks his team in the eye and confidently says this man gives you the best chance to win.  Flacco was averaging 300 yards per game.  Say what you want about him but he'll sling it, good or bad.  Jets need something.

That's the one I thought was horrific too. There's actually a post in the GDT from me where I said, "lol wilson" and that throw was what it was in reference to. 

His feet are so frantic on that throw, it's weird

3 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

He doesn't even get square on the checkdown it's so bad, and none of these are pressure throws either, it's just him being completely unable to understand how to move his body. Did he do literally any work over the off-season?

41 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Some circus music added to this would be good.

This is even worse watching.

The footwork is just atrocious. There’s not a single thing from seeing him play over his 21 games that makes you go “OK he’s young and he’s struggling but at least he’s showing XX”. 

Edited by RUGmen

I just watched the condensed version of the game, and while there is no doubt that Wilson has work to do, it should also be stated that the entire Jets offense was pretty bad today.  The offensive line was not giving much protection on passing plays, and they weren't opening much up on rush plays either.  The Jets running game is almost non-existent.  They need A LOT of help on offense.  It's not just the quarterback.  I'm not a Jets fan, so it's not like I'm being a homer here.  I just think a lot of people are writing Wilson off a little too early.  He might be able to turn things around with some help.

Edited by SodeeWater_Cheezburger

1 minute ago, RUGmen said:

This is even worse watching.

The footwork is just atrocious. There’s not a single thing from seeing him play that makes you go “OK he’s young and he’s struggling but at least he’s showing XX”. 

If he hits Conklin in stride on that first pass, that’s at least 3 points.

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

Wilson threw for 77 yards and barely completed 40 percent of his passes.  How did the offense not fail the defense?  They had 7 drives in the second half and only 2 of them went longer than 3 plays (6 and 5 respectively).  One could argue the punt return coverage was hampered by the offenses inability to sustain drives, leading to 7 punts.  

Both offenses struggled in the game/conditions pretty clearly.

That is my point. 

Did the media ask if NE's offense let their defense down? They only scored 3 points, too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SodeeWater_Cheezburger said:

I just watched the condensed version of the game, and while there is no doubt that Wilson has work to do, it should also be stated that the entire Jets offense was pretty bad today.  The offensive line was not giving much protection on passing plays, and they weren't opening much up on rush plays either.  The Jets running game is almost non-existent.  They need A LOT of help on offense.  It's not just the quarterback.  I'm not a Jets fan, so it's not like I'm being a homer here.  I just think a lot of people are writing Wilson off a little too early.  He might be able to turn things around with some help.

Before today, the Jets were averaging 4.7 YPC on 28 attempts a game since he came back in week 4 (6 games). The run game and D has been carrying this bum. God forbid he steps up when the run game isn’t able to get going for one game.

• Like 3

Just now, KhanYouDigIt said:

Before today, the Jets were averaging 4.7 YPC on 28 attempts a game since he came back in week 4 (6 games). The run game and D has been carrying this bum. God forbid he steps up when the run game isn’t able to get going for one game.

150 yards and they win the game like it's not asking for much to not be the worst QB in the league.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That is my point. 

Did the media ask if NE's offense let their defense down? They only scored 3 points, too.

Nick Folk did miss 2 field goals, its worth noting. Not sure it changes a whole ton, but they did get in position to score more points. also,  keep in mind that people have been critical of the New England offense this year. The NE offense did far more to win this game than the Jets offense did 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

That is my point. 

They didn't specifically ask that, no, but Mac was asked about his performance and he said they need to find a way to score when they get into or near the red-zone.  Far more accountability in that answer than anything Wilson said in his press conference, from what I've seen.

I guess I'm just not seeing your point.  Whether you think Wilson's answer is a big deal or not, there is no way to argue the Jets offense didn't fail the defense.  They had 2 total yards in the 2nd half.  Again who is to say the Patriots return that for a TD if they didn't punt 7 times in a half and often after 3-and-outs?  I guess I just don't get your POV.  Sure maybe people are overreacting to Wilson saying "no" (although again if you are a starting QB in this league, you just have to know to take accountability in those situations, even if it isn't all on you - just how it is, you are the leader for a reason) but to say they didn't fail the defense because they scored 3 points like the Patriots did?  Nah.  

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nick Folk did miss 2 field goals, its worth noting. Not sure it changes a whole ton, but they did get in position to score more points. also,  keep in mind that people have been critical of the New England offense this year. The NE offense did far more to win this game than the Jets offense did 

Patriots postgame was absolutely savaging the offense lol, saying they'd have gotten blown out if not for Wilson.

• Like 2