The DLine and Young's Return

MKnight82

I think we need to be conscious here, Chase is a smart guy. He's been doing this for years and he's on the sideline every single game, and has been all season long. He's in those conversations with the D Line, and he sees whats going on the field. If he wants to try and go for glory, that could be the part that messes things up. However, Chase comes off as a guy who wants to win above all other things. I think he will be fine. I could be being blindly optimistic, but lets not discount what it means to having him there week in week out, sidelines and practice, seeing and hearing everything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 4:35 PM, lavar703 said:

I saw Graziano from ESPN reporting Chase may not come back after the bye week either lol. If he isn't ready after the bye then its time to call it a wash and shut him down. 

Everyone is just guessing at this point bc Rivera won’t give anyone an answer, just like last year w/ Samuel.

Rivera said he's fine. That this is "all in his head." What an effin shocker, the super entitled bust of a DE is scared to play.... I am sick of him at this point.

I was soo excited to have a player of his caliber but he can't put it together upstairs. I realize this is likely dramatic but seriously, could care less about Chase until he gets on the field and starts acting like a leader. 

On 12/11/2022 at 9:49 AM, Troublez said:

Rivera said he's fine. That this is "all in his head." What an effin shocker, the super entitled bust of a DE is scared to play.... I am sick of him at this point.

I was soo excited to have a player of his caliber but he can't put it together upstairs. I realize this is likely dramatic but seriously, could care less about Chase until he gets on the field and starts acting like a leader. 

It’s a big thing coming back from a major knee injury. Especially when you tear two knee ligaments.

I don’t really understand the overreactions. 

As to him acting like a leader, I’ve heard from beat reporters that he’s still a leader on the team & the players gravitate towards him. So, leadership is not an issue for Chase. The players like him, he brings energy to the team even though he hasn’t played.

I really think he’s going to play Sunday.

On 12/11/2022 at 9:49 AM, Troublez said:

I still don't see how he's a bust or entitled? He was really good his rookie and then regressed like the entire DL did his second year. I think he should be back by now but I don't think he's a bust. 

• Like 1

I would say "Bust" b/c fans, commentators, and coaches are questioning whether they even want him on the field over rotational guys that live on vet / nfl minimum contracts. 

And he's entitled b/c he ran outside of scheme, such that his desire for his own success trumped the success of the group as a whole. 

He was drafted and compares to Bosa Brothers.....

Edited by Troublez
  • Like 1

I kinda agree that you have to consider Chase Young a bust (right now) based off draft position and production. 

9 sacks is 3 years. Played only 26 out of 47 games. 

Not talking about his potential, talent level, leadership skills or heart. Purely where he was drafted and his production are not on par. 

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

I would say "Bust" b/c fans, commentators, and coaches are questioning whether they even want him on the field over rotational guys that live on vet / nfl minimum contracts. 

And he's entitled b/c he ran outside of scheme, such that his desire for his own success trumped the success of the group as a whole. 

He's 23 years old and played 1.5 seasons. One of which he won DROY. I just don't agree with the idea he's a bust. It just seems weird to me that Chase catches so much of the blame for last years DL issues while the rest of them, with the exception of Allen, had the same struggles? Is it any kind of coincidence our DL coach didn't make it out of the preseason and then miraculously things changed? Not trying to be a Chase apologist here but I'm just baffled by the constant crap slinging.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Troublez said:

If you're willing to call Chase a bust would you be willing to call Montez a bust too? 4th season and was a first round pick that has yet to get double digit sacks. I get that you're saying this because of all of the hype surrounding him coming into the draft, just a curious question. 

7 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

He's 23 years old and played 1.5 seasons. One of which he won DROY. I just don't agree with the idea he's a bust. It just seems weird to me that Chase catches so much of the blame for last years DL issues while the rest of them, with the exception of Allen, had the same struggles? Is it any kind of coincidence our DL coach didn't make it out of the preseason and then miraculously things changed? Not trying to be a Chase apologist here but I'm just baffled by the constant crap slinging.

If any other players did this we would do the same thing, wouldn't we? 

Oh wait we already are. Sam Cosmi, case and point. 19/34 (56%) games played. Conventional thoughts are that Cosmi is a good player that can't stay healthy. Some consider him a bust and he was a 2nd round pick. 

Chase has to be held to a higher standard. He was "a generational talent" and the #2 overall pick. 

He has potential. He needs to stay healthy and produce. Right now, he has not lived up to his draft status. DROY or not. 

1 minute ago, Scott Land said:

If you're willing to call Chase a bust would you be willing to call Montez a bust too? 4th season and was a first round pick that has yet to get double digit sacks. I get that you're saying this because of all of the hype surrounding him coming into the draft, just a curious question. 

This is easy. Montez is a bust for where he was drafted. He isn't a terrible player, but he isn't great either. 

I still firmly land on pay Payne before you even consider paying Sweat.

30 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

If any other players did this we would do the same thing, wouldn't we? 

Oh wait we already are. Sam Cosmi, case and point. 19/34 (56%) games played. Conventional thoughts are that Cosmi is a good player that can't stay healthy. Some consider him a bust and he was a 2nd round pick. 

Chase has to be held to a higher standard. He was "a generational talent" and the #2 overall pick. 

He has potential. He needs to stay healthy and produce. Right now, he has not lived up to his draft status. DROY or not. 

But I don't consider Cosmi a bust. He's a young player that has played well when healthy but consistently gets hurt. I get "availability is the best ability" but at the same time I think its unfair to label a player a bust for getting injured. These are still two very young players with plenty of time to grow.