The DLine and Young's Return

MKnight82

7 hours ago, lavar703 said:

I get some fans don't like Young anymore for whatever reason but this is getting ridiculous. 

I want to clarify my stance, because this comment doesn't reflect my feelings. I think Chase Young is very very talented. He has been underwhelming both when he played and while he hasn't played. He is young and has potential to be great, but to this point, he hasn't been great.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:49 PM, Slappy Mc said:

I want to clarify my stance, because this comment doesn't reflect my feelings. I think Chase Young is very very talented. He has been underwhelming both when he played and while he hasn't played. He is young and has potential to be great, but to this point, he hasn't been great.

He was pretty great the second half of the year in 2020. I don’t think we make the playoffs without some of the plays Young, Sweat & Curl made down the stretch in 2020. I know it was a few years ago & people forget, but Young really played well in Nov/Dec/Jan in 2020.

In the final 7 games of 2020 Chase had 4 sacks, 3 forced fumbles, 3 fumble recoveries, 1 fumble return for a TD & passes defensed

Edited by turtle28

12 hours ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

The big delay on CY return has really raised a lot of questions on what’s the back story. 
The history of this franchise on how they operate seems to promote that kind of thinking from the fan base on whether theres something going on more than just CY recovery. 

I know it's just rumors, but some people have said that he botched his recovery. That in the spring, he went ghost on the teams physical therapist and went and worked out with Von Miller at his camp and re-aggravated it there. Of course that is just rumor though, and there is the valid reports of how he had a very significant knee injury (not your normal ACL tear).

The reason I do not believe the Von Miller rumor is that we are not an organization that knows how to keep those things away from the media, so if it happened.... it would be more than just a rumor.

I am definitely frustrated by his lengthy recovery as well, but it is better than putting him out there before he is ready. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I was very discouraged seeing Chase Young on the sideline watching his teammates battle for a playoff spot. He seems very aloof about not playing. If he doesn't play this week, put him back on IR. 

I think Rivera is using the situation having teams think Chase is going to play & then on Sunday’s saying he won’t. It makes the teams plan for him.

7 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I think Rivera is using the situation having teams think Chase is going to play & then on Sunday’s saying he won’t. It makes the teams plan for him.

You know what works better than empty threats? Going through with it. 

It's an utter failure for everyone that Chase hasn't been on the field yet. Let's not forget they believed he had a shot at being ready by week 4. This whole situation is awful. 

8 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You know what works better than empty threats? Going through with it. 

It's an utter failure for everyone that Chase hasn't been on the field yet. Let's not forget they believed he had a shot at being ready by week 4. This whole situation is awful. 

That was Rivera guessing. I don’t think Rivera has any definitive answers so, he just wings it. It’s why I don’t believe a word he says on injuries anymore bc he’s always wrong about what he says.

3 hours ago, Umbaugh21 said:

I know it's just rumors, but some people have said that he botched his recovery. That in the spring, he went ghost on the teams physical therapist and went and worked out with Von Miller at his camp and re-aggravated it there. Of course that is just rumor though, and there is the valid reports of how he had a very significant knee injury (not your normal ACL tear).

The reason I do not believe the Von Miller rumor is that we are not an organization that knows how to keep those things away from the media, so if it happened.... it would be more than just a rumor.

I am definitely frustrated by his lengthy recovery as well, but it is better than putting him out there before he is ready. 

This rumor was already proven false. Von Miller himself said Chase wasn't there. 

21 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I'm very critical of Chase Young, but its only been 13 months.  That isn't an extended period of time of recovery for an injury that severe. 

You have to imagine that the team doctors stress test his recovery constantly. Physically he should be able to back on the field, he mentally isn't there. At this point the team needs him and he isn't there. Very telling IMO.

7 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

You have to imagine that the team doctors stress test his recovery constantly. Physically he should be able to back on the field, he mentally isn't there. At this point the team needs him and he isn't there. Very telling IMO.

The only thing I'll say is this. Knees are very weird and some people heal much faster than others. My wife is only 37-years old and was 35 at the time of her knee injury. Not overweight and pretty active every day. She slipped and fell while walking a dog and two years later she just had her second surgery because the first one didn't fix it. You have to be very careful with knee injuries although I think maybe there's more to Chase's injury that they haven't told us. In my wife's case she had to have cadaver cartilage inserted in her knee cap and her shin bone needed to be cut and straightened back out. 

• Like 1