QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Just now, KimuraGod said:

Sure. But in response to ‘nothing but class throughout’ I can’t agree with that. Like I said not all but some fans have been pricks. 

Again, that's the case with any fanbase.  If there was an issue with Packers' fans, contact Bobby as the forum mod.

36 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Then your roster is awful besides Love. Odds are Love puts you in no man’s land. Heck we were 5-0 with Wilson at QB for a point last year. If you have a decent team. You’re not in position to get a top QB.

Honestly, I think they're not a whole lot different than the Jets tbh.  I think both teams have quite a bit of offensive talent.  I think the Packers' play caller is substantially better than the Jets', but I'd argue that the Jets' defensive play caller is worlds better than Green Bay's.  The Jets need a QB in the worst way possible.  A league-average QB probably makes them a playoff team, but I don't think they're a Super Bowl team without a substantial upgrade.  We also saw the Jets fall back right to the mean by the end of the season.

38 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I get you’ve never been here before. So the “unknown” is real with you guys.

Fact is we’re likely better off at QB for the DT couple years than you guys are. Maybe that’s bc I never liked Love, when Rodgers fell in your lap. But just don’t see that transition for you guys like it was years ago. I’ll be ear to ear after this last week hearing the GB fans see you struggle at QB for years.

As I mentioned, you don't move on from Aaron Rodgers unless you're convinced that Jordan Love is a franchise QB.  He might not be Aaron Rodgers good, but I think he's a Jared Goff/Kirk Cousins-level of QB in the near future.

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Again, that's the case with any fanbase.  If there was an issue with Packers' fans, contact Bobby as the forum mod.

Oh no one’s been an issue. Just some takes a bit more off and condescending toward Jets fans than others. 

3 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Honestly, I think they're not a whole lot different than the Jets tbh.  I think both teams have quite a bit of offensive talent.  I think the Packers' play caller is substantially better than the Jets', but I'd argue that the Jets' defensive play caller is worlds better than Green Bay's.  The Jets need a QB in the worst way possible.  A league-average QB probably makes them a playoff team, but I don't think they're a Super Bowl team without a substantial upgrade.  We also saw the Jets fall back right to the mean by the end of the season.

As I mentioned, you don't move on from Aaron Rodgers unless you're convinced that Jordan Love is a franchise QB.  He might not be Aaron Rodgers good, but I think he's a Jared Goff/Kirk Cousins-level of QB in the near future.

Haven’t seen enough of Love to know what he is. Just know I didn’t like him that much his draft year. Where I feel like Rodgers fell in your guys lap.

The thing I think we have that helps us a ton. Is we don’t need a QB to be great. We need to them to be ok. We have an elite defense (GB doesn’t have a bad defense, but not elite). So if we just go from the worst QB in the league (which we had last year and still barely missed the playoffs). To average. We are a playoff team likely. Yes no one outside of Rodgers or Lamar is likely bring us a SB. But those are in fact 2 relatives options for us. Where GBs fate is an unknown question mark QB from a small school.

If they don't get AR or JimmyG, the Jets have to throw an offer at Lamar no matter what, whether Balt should match or otherwise. 

I think they should also fire Hackett and possibly trade for Wilson at the right price if Denver is willing to tank this year, which may not be a bad idea. Otherwise, look at the draft. Just trade up for a guy and go with Mike White. Cut Wilson.

Edited by WheatieMan

8 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

If they don't get AR or JimmyG, the Jets have to throw an offer at Lamar no matter what, whether Balt should match or otherwise. 

I think they should also fire Hackett and possibly trade for Wilson at the right price if Denver is willing to tank this year, which may not be a bad idea. Otherwise, look at the draft. Just trade up for a guy and go with Mike White. Cut Wilson.

Douglas not gonna do that to his guys. 

IMHO, there are so many moving parts behind the scenes at 1 Jets Drive that it would be foolish for the fanbase to think that there is not a plan B in place in the event AR decides to reject the Jets enticements. 

LJ, Jimmy G, etc. Lamar Jackson per se cannot really speak with any team interested in him until Wednesday and the report on that is teams that are interested are only interested in trading for him straight up. Then working out an acceptable contract with him, surrendering the 2 number 1's in order to acquire him.

Here it is 4,17 am on 3-13-23 and still no Rodgers, if Rodger's head and heart are not into the Jets 100% this thing could be a disaster. Why is he still stalling? Woody   put all his eggs in one basket, and we could end up with a lot of broken eggs. There is no reason in the world why Rodgers is taken so long to sign. He has run out of excuses.

8 minutes ago, Big T said:

IMHO, there are so many moving parts behind the scenes at 1 Jets Drive that it would be foolish for the fanbase to think that there is not a plan B in place in the event AR decides to reject the Jets enticements. 

LJ, Jimmy G, etc. Lamar Jackson per se cannot really speak with any team interested in him until Wednesday and the report on that is teams that are interested are only interested in trading for him straight up. Then working out an acceptable contract with him, surrendering the 2 number 1's in order to acquire him.

My issue I have if we don’t hear before noon. Is that we operate like he’s coming here (when we actually don’t know). Don’t even talk to QBs really. Don’t have a starting QB to pitch to other FAs bc we’re still waiting. So guys don’t want to join us without knowing who our QB is. And we miss out on guys.

Guys can’t sign until Wednesday. But pretty much all FAs start verbally committing today and tomorrow. And it’s very rare (Anthony Barr) for a guy to flip his decision.

So yes if he lets us know before noon, at the end of the day we have the same pitch to FAs that we would’ve had he he announced Friday. But if he waits until anytime after noon. He really screwed us over on this.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Lamar would command two 1st round picks for a trade anyhow. It's a very unusual situation where a team can overbid and "only" give up two 1st round picks. Watson cost 3 1sts. Lamar's trade value is less because he's been tagged.

The Jets should just trade back and take less points for 13 overall if the Ravens do not match. I'm not sure if the 1st round picks are forfeited immediately for a straight signing. There is probably a matching window where the Jets can trade back.

Edited by WheatieMan

It is quite possible that JD knows what Rodgers will be doing.  Even if he does not, JD will already have plan B in place whatever that is.  It will be a disappointment for many if Rodgers spurns us, but I trust we will still have a better QB under center when the season begins.  Whoever it is, they just need to be here long enough so we can draft and develop our own QB.