QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

23 minutes ago, jetjuice said:

Packers fans are having an extremely hard time coming to terms with losing one of their two best players in franchise history and it's showing.

There's no "try" and trade for Rodgers, we're getting this trade done before the draft and GB is going to have to pull the trigger whether they like it or not. There is ZERO SENSE in not using those draft picks to retool your team while seeing what you may or may not have in Jordan Love and having Rodgers rot on the bench, sorry. Not only is that a massive waste of a potential asset (that they need before draft day), but it's a horrendous look for the team, a horrible way to treat a marquee franchise player who would've retired a Packer if it were up to him, and would only give more juice to the whispers of GB's front office being full of snakes. That's career suicide for a guy like Brian Gutekunst who's already stuck between a rock and a hard place.

We understand it’s tough that Rodgers wants to leave. He himself said he would have retired a packer If the team wanted him but they are moving forward with a younger qb and good luck to them. 

However their fan base has taken an almighty knocking these last few weeks. Obviously some of them are really good lads and have been rational and fair. Others have been obnoxious dickheads. 

8 hours ago, xrade said:

So what.  Teams that spend big in FA are usually the more talent deficient teams that need to.  We spent big in FA many, many times and that got us where exactly?  That's right nowhere.  Also, we signed Lazard, Williams, Huff, Zuerlein, Schweitzer, Parks and traded for Clark.  By my math that is 6 FA's and 1 trade for peanuts.

Now tell me, who was we missed out on that you wanted so badly?

All these players you mention are all second tier players. What i wanted was offensive line help. And Lazard was forced on us by Rodgers. Remember you get what you paid for. This free agent period is still a F. This is not Douglas fault blame Rodgers & the Packers. Look at the Giants the paid buck to get Barkley and D. Jones and still went out a got a world class TE.

ANGRY DOUMEYER

Edited by doumeyer

Maybe Packers have to allow Kraft and BB to talk to ARod, get this thing moving…

and most of us hardcore fans wanted him gone to Denver last year..

Aaron Rodgers

for

Elijah Moore, Jeremy Ruckert, 2023 2nd 2(43), 2024 2nd, and 2025 Conditional 3rd if Rodgers plays in 2024.

Edited by fattlipp

8 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

All these players you mention are all second tier players. What i wanted was offensive line help. And Lazard was forced on us by Rodgers. Remember you get what you paid for. This free agent period is still a F. This is not Douglas fault blame Rodgers & the Packers. Look at the Giants the paid buck to get Barkley and D. Jones and still went out a got a world class TE.

ANGRY DOUMEYER

Aside from QB’s, teams that generally sign top tier FA’s have to because they are talent deficient. Two years ago we signed Lawson, a top FA at a premium position. Now we are thinking of cutting him. Moseley same thing. Trumaine Johnson, Tomlison. Did Faneca, Mawae, and Decker get us the SB?

Reports mention we were in in Orlando Brown, Cox and, I believe, Jake Brendle.  They chose the teams they chose over us but it was not for lack of trying.

We were never going to be overly active if FA this year. Saleh said as much. This has nothing to do with Rodgers.  It is nice that we are not lacking talent that we need to build through FA. JD was always about building through the draft. Get used to disappointing FA periods if you like winning in March. 

23 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Elijah Moore, Jeremy Ruckert, 2023 2nd 2(43), 2024 2nd, and 2025 Conditional 3rd if Rodgers plays in 2024.

I’d bet large amounts of money that the Packers don’t get half the value of this trade. Moore and Ruckert are not throw-ins, they are young players worth their draft positions.

In essence this is three 2’s, and two 3’s worth of value. Keep dreaming.

Edited by BlaZeN37
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Maybe Packers have to allow Kraft and BB to talk to ARod, get this thing moving…

Aaron Rodgers

for

Nope

Anyone else notice the absolute 180 today from the national media in regards to which team possesses more leverage? Yesterday was all Packers, and today has been the complete opposite. Even Florio posted an article referencing how much leverage the Jets actually have.

18 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

Anyone else notice the absolute 180 today from the national media in regards to which team possesses more leverage? Yesterday was all Packers, and today has been the complete opposite. Even Florio posted an article referencing how much leverage the Jets actually have.

I think it's quite obvious that we have the leverage. Packers are in no position to hold onto Rodgers past the 2023 NFL Draft other than the fact that his cap hit is reduced after June 1. But then you have no 2023 draft picks to put towards helping Jordan Love in what's essentially a contract year for him which is pretty irresponsible. If his market value isn't a FRP now then I can't imagine a scenario where that changes as more time elapses. Even if some phantom team does emerge as another suitor, you gotta get Rodgers on board over there, and the last thing the Packers will want is this gorilla in the room all preseason as they try to transition to Love. Paying him to stay home would be asinine and as much as delusional Packer fans try to profess otherwise, that's not happening for them or heads will roll in Green Bay.

36 minutes ago, BlaZeN37 said:

I’d bet large amounts of money that the Packers don’t get half the value of this trade. Moore and Ruckert are not throw-ins, they are young players worth their draft positions.

In essence this is three 2’s, and two 3’s worth of value. Keep dreaming.

It’s 2 4th string players once you sign OBJ and Lewis, and you admitting ARod plays 2 years now.

We are fine holding him until Sep 1 and trading his right to anyone in the AFC not named the Jets for best package possible,  some team will take on the cap to try to retrade,  we’ll put restrictions cant trade to NFC or the Jets.

Edited by fattlipp

Anyone catch Rap on the Pat McAfee show?

Pat absolutely eviscerated Gutey and heaped effusive praise on JD. Can only imagine this is just the beginning of the Packers heat, that will only get worse with time (IE. Rodgers coming into the show and doing the same thing Pat just did).

The whole 10 min is worth a watch, but the criticism/questioning of Gutey starts around the 2 min mark. Pat also brings up an interesting point at the end of this clip. He mentioned how Peyton is most remembered as a Bronco current day due to his success in Denver. Don’t think Rodgers would ever be “remembered” a Jet, but it’s very interesting to consider what his legacy would look like if he plays 2-3 years with the Jets and wins a Super Bowl.

5 hours ago, fattlipp said:

It’s 2 4th string players once you sign OBJ and Lewis, and you admitting ARod plays 2 years now.

We are fine holding him until Sep 1 and trading his right to anyone in the AFC not named the Jets for best package possible,  some team will take on the cap to try to retrade,  we’ll put restrictions cant trade to NFC or the Jets.

Says who?! Your guy Murphy just said in an interview last week he wants it done quick. 

Another dope who’s got a direct line to the Packers front office!! Ffs. You guys are insufferable. Just when you think one leaves another turns up with even more bollocks to say. 

life suicide GIF by David

10 hours ago, fattlipp said:

LOL There is only 1 team that wants him. I don't get why packer fans have ANY leverage. There is not a biddding war. What other team would want him aand give up big capital for him? Now you want to limit to just the AFC and cut the Jets out so you have 15 teams left. The Jets can just walk away and draft a QB or look to trade for another QB like a Stafford type guy. JD has his best offer out there and the Packers don't like it. The packers want as much as they can for him which I total get but you need another team involved, The Packers really wanted the Raiders in the bid war but once Jimmy G went to LV that killed all hopes for the Packers. JD will is very good at setting a price and sticking too it. If it was another GM maybe they would throw a little more in to move on but not JD he has plan B already to go. In the end it will be a swap of first round picks this year and a 3rd round pick next year. 

11 hours ago, fattlipp said:

Aaron Rodgers

for

So you think you’re getting a proven WR that was a borderline 1st rounder that’s 24. A talented 4th round 23 year old TE. 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd?

I want what you’re smoking.

Come down to earth.

You’d swear we’re trying to trade for Josh Allen with some of these packages GB thinks they’ll get.

17 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I doubt Green Bay will fret that Randall Cobb doesn’t want to sign there.

It's not just about next year. 2023 is the Jordan Love year. Nothing else matters outside of seeing if he's a good QB or not. If he's good, we load up in 2024 to try and make a run.

40 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So you think you’re getting a proven WR that was a borderline 1st rounder that’s 24. A talented 4th round 23 year old TE. 2 2nds and a conditional 3rd?

I want what you’re smoking.

Come down to earth.

You’d swear we’re trying to trade for Josh Allen with some of these packages GB thinks they’ll get.

The worst I give up if I'm the Jets is pick 13 and that's only if I feel like my back is completely against the wall.

Jets have to draw a line in the sand somewhere. If the Packers are really holding out for multiple firsts or pick 13 and more compensation I would tell them to kick rocks. 

• Like 1