QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

5 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’m actually surprised and somewhat proud of this fanbase. It seems like the overwhelming majority would rather walk away from Rodgers than overpay, which is how it should be.

I mean, I guess if consistently missing the playoffs and not being bad enough to get a franchise QB is your idea of a good time, all the power to you.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

You sound a bit desperate. Get the 49ers on the phone.

Unfortunately, I don't have the "No NFC teams" rule in place.  I'd absolutely get San Francisco involved if I thought it'd get a better package out of the Jets.

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I’d probably look at Matt Ryan. Wasn’t great last year but still completed 67% of his passes and could game manage.

It’s not Rodgers or Zach Wilson. We can still do better than Zach.

Exactly. This notion that if we tell GB to screw off that Wilson is our starter is hilarious. Like we can’t kick the tires on Lamar. See what the trade market looks like with Stafford, Cousins (maybe even some guys we have no clue that could be dealt) and as last resort we’d still have guys like Ryan, Bridgewater and Wentz to turn to.

We were a 7-4 team last year with Flacco and Wilson starting for us before injuries hit us and Wilson digressed. We’re a playoff team with a healthy roster and average QB play

4 hours ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, I guess if consistently missing the playoffs and not being bad enough to get a franchise QB is your idea of a good time, all the power to you.

We get him for a year, maybe two. We likely aren’t winning the Super Bowl with him and then we go back to starting over. 

• Like 1