QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

39 minutes ago, xrade said:

It is 5am here in Pennsylvania and I am responding to a post talking about the Jets.  Would have gone to work but I hate driving in snow.  Wish I was in Orlando.

I will be in Orlando for three weeks in April! Can’t bloody wait!! 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I think we get a lot more details into what has gone on today.

Purely a guess… but I think we were always recruiting Carr as a backup option to Rodgers. Talks and everything went good. But we were waiting for Rodgers. Really the FO was doing what they should. But Rodgers didn’t make a decision in time. Which I get from Carr and his camp. He wants to be wanted. Not to be a fall back option. They probably gave us a Deadline to make an offer and being he was our fall back option, we opted to not make an offer. I do think we already have some intellect to Rodgers situation. I think we felt comfortable that he wanted a trade to us and GB was willing to work with us. So that’s why there wasn’t a bunch of panic to try and sign Carr.

What I think the only hold up in a trade for Rodgers is, is compensation.

Now yes we did lose leverage yesterday with not being able to say we can turn to Carr. But GB never had leverage to begin with. Rodgers could always just threaten retirement if he thinks GB is asking too much and he doesn’t want his next team to not continue to build. That doesn’t mean I think he goes for cheap. But the narrative that GB holds all the cards now, isn’t true. Rodgers holds all the cards.

Now what I think is holding up a trade is coming to terms to compensation. Something none of us really brought up is GB eating some of the money so they can get a better draft pick. So I know a bunch were/are 100% against giving away 13. But if that means GB eats a good portion of his money….. that’s not a bad trade at all IMO. Now if we have to take on all of his deal. There’s no way I think we should give up 13. Where we have leverage now is LV is out on him. They’re drafting 7, so if they were offering that. We in essence would had to offer 13 and more. But they’re out. MIA I don’t think is serious about Rodgers. I think they’re just trying to drive the price up for us. But they don’t even have a 1st rounder. Our 2nd rounder is higher than any pick they have. So we hold the cards in trying to beat them out.

What I think happens is Rodgers is a Jet either today or tomorrow. Compensation likely being a 2nd this year and a conditional 2nd next year that goes to a 1st if he’s still a Jet next season. And GB picks up nearly half of his deal this year.

Leaving us with cap still to build the roster and still having 13.

I think so too. No way is GB getting a first. I think the trade is almost set. The meeting with Rodgers and the Jets was to see how things would look with him as a Jet. I think it is a 3rd round pick this year and a 3rd round pick next year that could be a 2nd if he is on the Jets next year. GB will also eat a big chunk of the cap hit too. I'm thinking 50/50 split. GB has no choice but to move him and no other team wants him. JD is a savage when it comes to trades and I have a feeling this one ends very well for the Jets again. 

57 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I will be in Orlando for three weeks in April! Can’t bloody wait!! 

Man I just got back Sunday from an 11 day trip there. It was a blast and the kids had a great time. But man that was my 1st time in a long time I was really hot the whole trip. I'll still take that heat over rainy humid days there (feels like a waste of money when you go to WDW and UO for a trip and it rains the whole time). So it was nice to go full days. But it was in the mid upper 80s everyday with little cloud coverage. Made sure to do a couple 1/2 days and hang pools side to cool off.

TBH we've actually gone a ton of times in April and May (I purposely avoid July and August in Orlando). And this trip in Feb/March was hotter than any trip I've had in April/May.

Now you're going 3 weeks. So you'll probably get a little of everything. Rain, Hot and humid.

16 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

Here is the compensation, swap 13 and 15. Give up this year's 2nd and next year's 1st (which should be 26-32). Game set match.

I think there's no way the pick next year isn't compensation. It's will have to depend on him on the roster. Him taking us a couple rounds deep into the playoffs or something. Cant see it a straight 1st with no conditions. 

1 minute ago, WheatieMan said:

You would be LUCKY to get that deal. I am trying to help Jets nation feel good about it. Good luck with that.

As Jet fans, we have suffered a long time.  Getting Rodgers gets us closer to being a SB contender, no doubt, but not close enough IMO.  We still have a young roster and still need work in important areas, namely OL.  Rodgers is a two year gap QB at most.  Whether he decides to call it quits or his play drops off it is bound to happen.  Foregoing the near future in the form of high draft picks hurts this team.  Quite honestly, if what you proposed was the price, I'd walk and pivot to another QB.  As long as our owner is not so insistent on getting Rodgers, JD would not do a trade like that.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Now you're going 3 weeks. So you'll probably get a little of everything. Rain, Hot and humid.

I was at Universal Orlando in mid-January.  The first two days the evenings were upper 40's.  It's like I did not leave PA.  Luckily it warmed to the 60's and 70's.  I was seriously waiting for the ******* snow.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Man I just got back Sunday from an 11 day trip there. It was a blast and the kids had a great time. But man that was my 1st time in a long time I was really hot the whole trip. I'll still take that heat over rainy humid days there (feels like a waste of money when you go to WDW and UO for a trip and it rains the whole time). So it was nice to go full days. But it was in the mid upper 80s everyday with little cloud coverage. Made sure to do a couple 1/2 days and hang pools side to cool off.

TBH we've actually gone a ton of times in April and May (I purposely avoid July and August in Orlando). And this trip in Feb/March was hotter than any trip I've had in April/May.

Yeah we’ve been the last two January’s and it been nice but this time we want a little more heat. 

I have always been in June time before the last two visits but I like April/May as it’s usually hot but not over baring when I’m the parks etc. Keeping our three kids cool with the fans will be key!!

Got everything booked again this year, Disney, Universal, Discovery Cove, Seaworld, Gatorland etc. Think this will be the last trip before baby number four so won’t return to Orlando for a couple of years. We took the baby at six months and although we had a great time she was too young. Although I say that we took one of my sons when he was six months too so we will probably be back sooner than later!! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Dying on another hill I see

Why are yall all so damn weird around here lately? I cant have an opinion about anything without people making it personal. God forbid I dont think Carr was the answer for us and have some conviction behind it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Why are yall all so damn weird around here lately? I cant have an opinion about anything without people making it personal. God forbid I dont think Carr was the answer for us and have some conviction behind it. 

LOL just breaking your balls for seldomly going against the grain. Definitely not personal. If it was I wouldn't bothering interacting. 

Hopefully we just get our guy and it is all moot. I still hate Woody getting involved. You hire football guys to do their jobs. His team our not, he should know by now that the only way its ever going to work is if he trusts the people he hires.