QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Not necessarily bad but definitely odd they're flying to him instead of the other way around. Could be any number of reasons for that, legitimate or not, and I'm not excited for the narratives that will run about it.

Edited by Sandwhich2

29 minutes ago, WheatieMan said:

It's not a three year window. It could be. Realistically, it's one year with Saleh and Rogers. If they pull a Mangenius/Farve and start 9-3 and then finish 10-7 with a one and done, Rogers will retire or request another trade, and Saleh will be fired. If they make it to the CCG and lose, or lose a home game in the playoffs, it's tough to see Rogers coming back. You don't want to finish the career on a sour note, but he already has the past two seasons. There is only so much even a player of that caliber can take before hanging it up. The only scenario I can see him back is if it's an injury early in the year that's not career ending, and he comes back and plays well (team misses the playoffs). If he loses in the playoffs because he plays poorly, he will not be back. Nor should he. But it depends on how they lose that last game. Get to a SB then hand off the keys to Wilson next year is the ideal scenario. Rogers may give them a two year commitment, but that means one year in all practicality. 

I really don’t want to be a prick……

But!! How the **** do you know what Rodgers will do?!!!? 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Appears we should be meeting with him in the next 2 hours or so. Plane lands in about an hour from what I hear.

So it's 100% possible we hear something tonight or early tomorrow. Depends if he wants to sleep on it or not. 

Not really sure there’s much point in dragging it on. Rodgers knows the Packers want to move on from him and he clearly wants to meet the Jets top dogs. Surely getting the deal done asap do we can hit FA running would be best for all parties

4 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Not really sure there’s much point in dragging it on. Rodgers knows the Packers want to move on from him and he clearly wants to meet the Jets top dogs. Surely getting the deal done asap do we can hit FA running would be best for all parties

Rodgers doesn't seem the kind of guy that does things quickly with these types of decisions (luckily he is quick making football decisions on the field). So I can see it dragging out until tomorrow. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Rodgers doesn't seem the kind of guy that does things quickly with these types of decisions (luckily he is quick making football decisions on the field). So I can see it dragging out until tomorrow. 

Ffs I won’t be able to sleep tonight!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

Ffs I won’t be able to sleep tonight!!! 

I hope we can make quick work of this. I just don't see it happening that way. Unless we just have a heck of a pitch to him. Who know what we have planned. Maybe the know they want to bring in Hopkins or something as well, making it a no brainer for Rodgers.

39 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

if you hit on the QB

Not something the Jets have ever really done so I am a bit pessimistic about that.  However, I do believe JD is the best GM since ? and even he swung and missed.  That said, this is kind of a new approach for us.  Longer term vet bridge QB, draft a developmental QB (or Zach).

• Like 1

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

If we sign him to a deal does that mean we have to give up 2 firsts if they don't match or does BAL still have power to ask for more draft comp?  This could shake things up.

I think if Baltimore doesn’t match it then a team gets him for their two firsts; this and next year. Good news is Miami can’t negotiate with him as they don’t have two firsts in the next two drafts. 

18 minutes ago, KimuraGod said:

I think if Baltimore doesn’t match it then a team gets him for their two firsts; this and next year. Good news is Miami can’t negotiate with him as they don’t have two firsts in the next two drafts. 

That was my understanding as well.  Very interesting if we can't get this Rodgers deal done.

1 hour ago, Sandwhich2 said:

Not necessarily bad but definitely odd they're flying to him instead of the other way around. Could be any number of reasons for that, legitimate or not, and I'm not excited for the narratives that will run about it.

PR to show the fanbase they did everything they could. If the compensation is an issue, then it blows up in their faces, but a deal is very easy to work out. Packers can't ask for two 1st rounders. Anything less and they should be able to make a deal.