QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

37 minutes ago, xrade said:

According to Rotoworld, several QB needy teams will NOT be pursuing Lamar.  I wonder why?

His offensive scheme may be the reason many OC couldn't make it workable in NFL.  Bad knee for running qb may be bad news in long term.  Money and business transaction for him are unappealing.

50 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

No owners besides the idiotic CLE owner and GM will give any player a fully guaranteed deal. BAL played this perfect to prove their point. And if their smart they actually lower the last offer they gave him. Bc now they have the leverage to say.... look how many teams wanted to give you that deal you thought you deserved. 0. So now our offer is 15% less. 

Oh ya Lamar lost big time. Then you add the fact that the Browns and Watson are reworking the deal to help on the cap hit. This is why the 31 teams where VERY mad st the Browns for doing this. You pushed the QB market so high that it hurts everyone else. Now you git guys like Danny Dimes get 40 mill a year after throwing 15 TD's. That is right 15 TD's will get you 40 mill now. That is not even a TD a game. lol. 

I'm just happy that Rodgers is going to be a Jet for the next 2-3 years. I think Wilson might even play better with Rodgers around his childhood hero. 

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Really hoping we have a decision by the end of the day today. My anxiety can’t take it much longer.

Plus we have to know what our game plan is if he doesn’t want us. Can’t let that last until the weekend with little to no time to game plan for FA.

You have $10k riding on it too so no wonder your anxiety is through the roof 😂😂

1 hour ago, jetfuel34 said:

Then you add the fact that the Browns and Watson are reworking the deal to help on the cap hit.

This is why I am / was against Rodgers.  In two years, his cap hit will hurt us.  If we win the SB it was worth it, no doubt.  I hope JD can rework Rodger's contract to make it easier to cut/retire in a couple of years.  Of course the best scenario is Rodger's having a Brady-like twilight.  But that is a long shot.

14 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

This is what worries me. Green Bay is okay with moving on from Rodgers or letting him play for them. If they don't get what they want they have zero incentive to just give him away for anything less. 

I don't believe GB wants him to come back.  They would have an insane amount of cap tied into the QB spot and wouldn't be able to evaluate Love.  They are pandering to the media, they want this over as much as we want him.

1 hour ago, NJC33 said:

I can't imagine, with FA effectively starting Monday, Douglas plans on going into the weekend without a decision from Rodgers. I would be shocked if there wasn't a deadline to get a deal done this week. 

Ya if I'm the Jets I'm making the deadline by the end of Friday to inform us. And that's at the latest. 

13 minutes ago, xrade said:

This is why I am / was against Rodgers.  In two years, his cap hit will hurt us.  If we win the SB it was worth it, no doubt.  I hope JD can rework Rodger's contract to make it easier to cut/retire in a couple of years.  Of course the best scenario is Rodger's having a Brady-like twilight.  But that is a long shot.

How's this sound, Rodgers signs a new deal with the Jets converting 50 million into a signing bonus and a yearly salary of 25 million a year for 2 years?

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I wouldn’t find that hilarious at all

The entire Jets Brass went including Hackett. I believe the Jets have to get a 2 year commitment from Rodgers, and he has to show up to build chemistry with the offensive unit.

I also believe that the compensation part to GB has already been worked out. Rodgers has to know, they have 2 offensive rookies who would have won rookie of the year in Wilson and Hall. 

A top 5 defense and an opportunity to win another SB and MVP in 2023/2024.

However if he decides he will let them know and he's undecided the Jets have to make an offer to Lamar.

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

How's this sound, Rodgers signs a new deal with the Jets converting 50 million into a signing bonus and a yearly salary of 25 million a year for 2 years?

See my post in the other thread.  In short, $50M over 2 years is $25M per year.  A base salary of $25M per year makes his cap $50M at a minimum.  Then add in all the other bonuses and we are approaching a catastrophic roster with no depth.

39 minutes ago, Big T said:

The entire Jets Brass went including Hackett. I believe the Jets have to get a 2 year commitment from Rodgers, and he has to show up to build chemistry with the offensive unit.

I also believe that the compensation part to GB has already been worked out. Rodgers has to know, they have 2 offensive rookies who would have won rookie of the year in Wilson and Hall. 

A top 5 defense and an opportunity to win another SB and MVP in 2023/2024.

However if he decides he will let them know and he's undecided the Jets have to make an offer to Lamar.

No team is making an offer to Lamar because they all know what he already turned down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Big T said:

Sound plausible.

Edited by JetsandI

15 hours ago, CWood21 said:

And the other problem is that the difference between the '23 FRP and the '24 FRP is still a substantial gap.  If you want to hang onto the 13th pick to help put more pieces around Rodgers?  Sure, but it's going to cost you more in future picks.  It's either less now or more in the future.

The problem GB has is everything is going to be contingent because I doubt Rodgers is going "yeah I'm in for at least 2-3 years."  He's not like that which means that he has the leverage, the Jets seem like the only suitor for him, and JD never overpays especially for a guy who may be only committing one year at a time. 

I really think GB is going to be disappointed in this package when no 1st are going back their way. 

10 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

The problem GB has is everything is going to be contingent because I doubt Rodgers is going "yeah I'm in for at least 2-3 years."  He's not like that which means that he has the leverage, the Jets seem like the only suitor for him, and JD never overpays especially for a guy who may be only committing one year at a time. 

I really think GB is going to be disappointed in this package when no 1st are going back their way. 

I agree 100% GB is not getting much for him and will have to eat some of the cap. No one wants him except the Jets.