QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

4 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Not sure what "extra" means but will be shocked if a 1st is going back your way at this point.

I would argue anything below a SRP would be "extra".  Remember, Matt Ryan's corpse got traded for a 3rd round pick last offseason.

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Burnt bridges?  No.  Point of no return?  Probably.  And there's a very distinct difference between my opinion and yours.  You think there's no way the Packers would bring back Rodgers.  I think there Packers' FO has been very non-committal with regards to Jordan Love that they don't want to appear to have "forced out" Rodgers. 

I think when you agree to let your franchise QB for 15+ years go and visit another team while he's still under contract for 4 years... that shows all the cards you need to show. He's being traded or retiring

• Like 1

Swap 1sts with the Ravens and give up 24' 1st and this year's 2nd. That's better than giving up two 1sts with one at #13 this year with a straight up signing that goes unmatched. The compensation should be slightly worse than two 1sts, otherwise the Jets have no incentive to trade for Lamar instead of straight up signing him.  

Edited by WheatieMan

Yeah I don't see GB bringing him back at this point it feels very similar to the Favre situation in a sense. They spent a first on Jordan Love and groomed him for 3 years it's time to see what he's got. Last year was a different situation as Rodgers was the 2x reigning MVP.

2 minutes ago, Greene N White said:

Yeah I don't see GB bringing him back at this point it feels very similar to the Favre situation in a sense. They spent a first on Jordan Love and groomed him for 3 years it's time to see what he's got. Last year was a different situation as Rodgers was the 2x reigning MVP.

Exactly GB fans are trying to talk themselves into a bigger deal by saying Rodgers ego wants to be traded for more than scraps.  Well if he's got an ego in what world does he want to go back to a team that clearly is trying to move on from him?

Not saying fences can't be mended but GB wants out.  I think Rodgers just wants to do this on his terms.

Just now, Rockice_8 said:

Exactly GB fans are trying to talk themselves into a bigger deal by saying Rodgers ego wants to be traded for more than scraps.  Well if he's got an ego in what world does he want to go back to a team that clearly is trying to move on from him?

Not saying fences can't be mended but GB wants out.  I think Rodgers just wants to do this on his terms.

Also Love is entering year 4 on his Rookie Deal. It's pretty much now or never if you're going to give him a shot.

46 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

They said that? lol.     Ignore them.     So what if it is 4th rounder or 5th rounder as long as he is happy to play in new destination.

6 hours ago, xrade said:

See my post in the other thread.  In short, $50M over 2 years is $25M per year.  A base salary of $25M per year makes his cap $50M at a minimum.  Then add in all the other bonuses and we are approaching a catastrophic roster with no depth.

50 million would be a signing bonus