QB Talk Once Again.... sigh

JetsandI

Rodgers is  flakey, he's milking this thing for all its worth. He has GB by the throat, he can play his last year there, collect his 69 million and go down in Packers lore as one of the greatest QB's in their franchise and the NFL. 

What is the motivation to go to the Jets? If you consider the legacy of the Jets franchise what has he to prove? His money is guaranteed. I don't think he cares if he makes a run at the playoffs with the Jets or with GB. 

So the Jets IMHO could find themselves with egg on their face, the fact that Hackett is the OC makes no difference to AR. Hackett couldn't get him to leave GB for him in the past, what makes us think the outcome will be any different.

But let's play this out positively, say AR does agree to join the Jets. According to his video conversation with Brandon Marshall, Rodgers is talking about a 1 year rental.

If its a one year rental, its time for the Jets to move on regardless of his talent and status as a premier qb in the league. The Jets will find themselves looking for a QB in 2024, SAME OL JETS!

If Rodgers cannot guarantee the Jets 2 years, the Jets need to move on. The league is on the cusp of the legal tampering period in FA. The Jets can't afford to be a bystander while the rest of the NFL moves on with their individual agendas.

19 minutes ago, Big T said:

Rodgers is  flakey, he's milking this thing for all its worth. He has GB by the throat, he can play his last year there, collect his 69 million and go down in Packers lore as one of the greatest QB's in their franchise and the NFL. 

What is the motivation to go to the Jets? If you consider the legacy of the Jets franchise what has he to prove? His money is guaranteed. I don't think he cares if he makes a run at the playoffs with the Jets or with GB. 

So the Jets IMHO could find themselves with egg on their face, the fact that Hackett is the OC makes no difference to AR. Hackett couldn't get him to leave GB for him in the past, what makes us think the outcome will be any different.

But let's play this out positively, say AR does agree to join the Jets. According to his video conversation with Brandon Marshall, Rodgers is talking about a 1 year rental.

If its a one year rental, its time for the Jets to move on regardless of his talent and status as a premier qb in the league. The Jets will find themselves looking for a QB in 2024, SAME OL JETS!

If Rodgers cannot guarantee the Jets 2 years, the Jets need to move on. The league is on the cusp of the legal tampering period in FA. The Jets can't afford to be a bystander while the rest of the NFL moves on with their individual agendas.

Is he thought? He was hosting a big event yesterday in Cali. So while he visited the Jets several days ago. Likely his last couple days have been jam packed with probably a charity dinner and all Friday along with hosting people. His actual event yesterday. So he was busy. He wasn’t just sitting on his couch just not wanting to release his decision. Part of making the decision is being available. News breaks and his phone and all starts blowing up. He can’t have that while hosting a charity event for a couple days. Event ended yesterday. So besides maybe him just being beat from hosting it the last couple days. I’d expect to hear something today. As I’ll continue to say. He’s smart. He knows tampering starts at noon tomorrow. And for him that’s 10am. So likely it’s today.

22 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If Rodgers only wants to play one season either we don’t do this or we give up next to nothing because we are essentially doing GB a favor at this point. This just doesn’t make sense for a single year. 

I think there’d be conditions on picks that if he played another season GB would get better compensation. 

Have a feeling we get clarification today or early tomorrow on the Rodgers front. Think all parties involved including Rodgers know it’s in everyone best interest to come to a decision before the Tampering/New League year starts

10 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Have a feeling we get clarification today or early tomorrow on the Rodgers front. Think all parties involved including Rodgers know it’s in everyone best interest to come to a decision before the Tampering/New League year starts

The more I think about the early tomorrow news the more I doubt it. I think it’s today. Tampering starts at noon tomorrow. That’s 10am in Cali. Doubt he’s waiting until early morning for him to make that decision. I think we get clarity today. 

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I just hope JD is giving Rodgers a deadline.  We could lose out on other QBs waiting for him to retire or only play 1 year. 

AR isn’t dumb. He is just relaxed. He knows he has to let us know before noon tomorrow.

53 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Is he thought? He was hosting a big event yesterday in Cali. So while he visited the Jets several days ago. Likely his last couple days have been jam packed with probably a charity dinner and all Friday along with hosting people

Rationalizing. He had plenty of time in the offseason to decide if he wants to play or not. He did his “man in the box” thing to help with that. An announcement could have been made a lot sooner even with all his events happening.

Some may disagree, but he is a pro athlete making more money per year than many of us will make in a lifetime. He has a responsibility to the fans of both the Jets and GB to have settled this thing sooner. 

1 minute ago, xrade said:

Rationalizing. He had plenty of time in the offseason to decide if he wants to play or not. He did his “man in the box” thing to help with that. An announcement could have been made a lot sooner even with all his events happening.

Some may disagree, but he is a pro athlete making more money per year than many of us will make in a lifetime. He has a responsibility to the fans of both the Jets and GB to have settled this thing sooner. 

At the end of the day though. It doesn’t matter bc it hasn’t affected anything for us or GB unless sit leaks into tomorrow at noon. Because we can’t do anything now regardless.

JD and staff just has to have 2 plans instead of 1. Which I’m sure they have several different plans regardless. They also might be very similar plans. We turn to Jimmy G. We might have the same win now mentality as if we have AR. So the plans might not be too different. 

15 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

AR isn’t dumb. He is just relaxed. He knows he has to let us know before noon tomorrow.

I never said anything about him being dumb. I know he's relaxed but he's making a big decision.  He can't get hyped off our pitch, then get on the field and realize he doesn't have it in him. So he needs time, but JD need to have a deadline as a backup plan. 

40 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I just hope JD is giving Rodgers a deadline.  We could lose out on other QBs waiting for him to retire or only play 1 year. 

I imagine his deadline is before noon tomorrow. But I’m sure they made it known that they’d like to know before then if possible.

I still think we hear something later today. Odd thing is is on this day last year (selection Sunday and day before legal tampering) is when Brady unretired.

I only want him if it’s 2 years, otherwise it just doesn’t make sense. We have to take the cap him without him the following year and we are literally back to square 1. For one year and the dead cap we get in 2024 the Packers should literally take a day 3 pick at most. 

• Like 1