The Josh Jacobs Decision

RaidersAreOne

What would you do with Jacobs?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do with Jacobs?

• Re-sign him, likely for 3-4 years and top ~5-8 pay. Our O would be totally screwed without him.
    • Franchise tag him for one season, run him into the ground, then move on. We need him around but can't commit to him.
    • Let him walk, don't tie up big $ long-term for an oft-injured RB. Collect that comp pick!
    • Other

Jacobs returning before week 1 Is not surprising.

Michael Lombardi said right after the franchise tag deadline that he will miss training camp and return before the start of the season before game checks get involved.

It makes things more pressing that Zamir hasn’t looked like a NFL starting RB.

Zamir White reminds me a little bit of Gus Edwards with the Ravens. Not a starting RB but a good chance of pace 

Edited by bucksavage1

My concern with Josh is will he be able to stay healthy after Missing the off-season. Also, how long will it take to get him going? He’s not going to come off the couch and carry the ball 20x, I don’t care how much he’s been training. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

Jacobs returning before week 1 Is not surprising.

Michael Lombardi said right after the franchise tag deadline that he will miss training camp and return before the start of the season before game checks get involved.

It makes things more pressing that Zamir hasn’t looked like a NFL starting RB.

Zamir White reminds me a little bit of Gus Edwards with the Ravens. Not a starting RB but a good chance of pace 

Heard Jacobs is saying it's bs he don't remember saying he would show up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

My concern with Josh is will he be able to stay healthy after Missing the off-season. Also, how long will it take to get him going? He’s not going to come off the couch and carry the ball 20x, I don’t care how much he’s been training. 

Dude should have realized this battle was lost asked to not franchise him next year and he'd show up I won't be surprised if he ruins his career trying to play hard ball it hasn't worked out for any RB missing time or holding out into the season. When he said he doing it for those that come after he meant so they'd know what not to do because he lost this battle.

22 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Dude should have realized this battle was lost asked to not franchise him next year and he'd show up I won't be surprised if he ruins his career trying to play hard ball it hasn't worked out for any RB missing time or holding out into the season. When he said he doing it for those that come after he meant so they'd know what not to do because he lost this battle.

Yep, some times you have to know when to fold ‘em.

Do a Saquon and be glad to get 10 million into your bank account and prolong your career by not sitting out. 

I hope he's here by week 1 but the Raiders bias is all over this thread. If I'm Jacobs I'm not coming in for 'game checks' until the very last time I can to make the year count. 6 million to get a minor injury and sit out is what I would do to an employer that has not demonstrated their committment is use me like a piece of meat and toss me thinking I owe them something. I DON'T!

Quiet quitting, loud quitting, what makes fans think this would be any different from the rest of today's workforce?!? 6 million is plenty of money and it keeps him playing a bit to prepare for next season. I'd at least hold out the first 2 games. Over 8 million and lets the world see how important you are to the success of a team if they lose. 

2 hours ago, G said:

I hope he's here by week 1 but the Raiders bias is all over this thread. If I'm Jacobs I'm not coming in for 'game checks' until the very last time I can to make the year count. 6 million to get a minor injury and sit out is what I would do to an employer that has not demonstrated their committment is use me like a piece of meat and toss me thinking I owe them something. I DON'T!

Quiet quitting, loud quitting, what makes fans think this would be any different from the rest of today's workforce?!? 6 million is plenty of money and it keeps him playing a bit to prepare for next season. I'd at least hold out the first 2 games. Over 8 million and lets the world see how important you are to the success of a team if they lose. 

He could do that, but the main point people make is it hasn't worked out for RB'S doing that, they either get hurt or they don't look the same from sitting out too long, its just a loss of money. He can be franchised again which is highly likely so he can be traded next year. The market is the market so he won't get a huge contract next year either to make up for his losses.

4 hours ago, G said:

I agree except the way the nfl owners are they would come together and blackball him. Miss guys like uncle Al imo he would’ve paid jj. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, true2form said:

I hate reports like this. This is purely speculation, and the reporters opinion. 

The raiders said they arent taking offers, 
the dolphins reached out, to which the raiders said no
it seems the raiders are implying teams have reached out about jacobs to build a trade market. 

lol, seems to me that the raiders have said no hes not for trade, and the author wants a clickbaiting headline. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

I hate reports like this. This is purely speculation, and the reporters opinion. 

The raiders said they arent taking offers, 
the dolphins reached out, to which the raiders said no
it seems the raiders are implying teams have reached out about jacobs to build a trade market. 

lol, seems to me that the raiders have said no hes not for trade, and the author wants a clickbaiting headline. 

Could be. They could rescind the tag as suggested too.

Either way, just passing along the article.  

• Like 1