NateDawg

This week’s winner   

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who is it

• Brownie man
    • Deshaun
    • Elevated TV ratings in a 4-win v. 1-win matchup
    • horny
    • Texans fans knowing they got away with shenanigans and DWat isn’t their problem no more
    • mike getting to rattle off starting qb stats
    • Captain hindsight

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Need to get this guy more touches on offense

He's definitely come along nicely and his impact has made WR much less of a need. We could definitely still use a burner, but DPJ has played like a legit #2 this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

We can’t just run this offense out of shotgun with our new quarterback. Nick Chubb is not a shotgun runner, and he is their best player. 

We’re going to be transitioning away from being a run team, but we don’t have the WRs to pull that off just yet. Watson needs to show he’s comfortable running RPO’s too.

13 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

We can’t just run this offense out of shotgun with our new quarterback. Nick Chubb is not a shotgun runner, and he is their best player. 

I think these kinds of things are gonna take a little time to hammer out and get everyone comfortable.  Obviously yesterday was more out Watson being comfortable than Chubb, but I think he’ll ultimately be fine.

13 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Soooo - anyone start our D/ST in fantasy? lol

Sorry have Ravens defense if you can't beat them join .them got Jameson Williams back plus Jamar chase looking forward to playing r

Ravens defense against leshaun 0 wins2 losses open air in December 

1 minute ago, mtmmike said:

Sorry have Ravens defense if you can't beat them join .them got Jameson Williams back plus Jamar chase looking forward to playing r

Ravens defense against leshaun 0 wins2 losses open air in December 

1-0leshaun as starter 4 browns

no Ojibwa, but still1-0

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, can we finally just cut Anthony Schwartz?

He’s not a football player. He can’t even do special teams well. That huge return by Desmond King was because Schwartz took out like 5 Browns players.

My last glimmer of hope with him is that Watson can maximize his speed and he has a role like Will Fuller did with the Texans.  If he can just keep defenses honest and take the top off from time to time he’s got some value.

But yeah, he’s not good.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We’re going to be transitioning away from being a run team, but we don’t have the WRs to pull that off just yet. Watson needs to show he’s comfortable running RPO’s too.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think these kinds of things are gonna take a little time to hammer out and get everyone comfortable.  Obviously yesterday was more out Watson being comfortable than Chubb, but I think he’ll ultimately be fine.

@candyman I think we need to be careful not to transition from being a running team. We have the top running back in the league. I’m cool with a good balance, we need that, but we still need to set up our Hall of Fame caliber running back up for success. @LETSGOBROWNIES I agree that it is going to take time, I will certainly give a grace period, but if it becomes a trend where we take a step backwards running the ball and the offense can’t get going, we need to remember what our proven strength has been. I don’t think we need to reinvent the wheel within our offense. And I think RPO can become more a part of our game, and maybe a little more shotgun then the past because of our QBs strengths, but I think the idea should basically be that we are better at the quarterback position and not that we need to reinvent our offense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

@candyman I think we need to be careful not to transition from being a running team. We have the top running back in the league. I’m cool with a good balance, we need that, but we still need to set up our Hall of Fame caliber running back up for success. @LETSGOBROWNIES I agree that it is going to take time, I will certainly give a grace period, but if it becomes a trend where we take a step backwards running the ball and the offense can’t get going, we need to remember what our proven strength has been. I don’t think we need to reinvent the wheel within our offense. And I think RPO can become more a part of our game, and maybe a little more shotgun then the past because of our QBs strengths, but I think the idea should basically be that we are better at the quarterback position and not that we need to reinvent our offense. 

I agree looking forward to trying rpo

When Ojabo on the field.