Transfer Portal: '22 - '23 Edition

BobbyPhil1781

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

But, for real, there's a kid that's been in college since Obama was President. Can't remember his name but he's going into his 8th year of eligibility and was granted a 9th year "just in case" lol.

Cam McCormick from Oregon. TE

18 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

DJU being CBd to Hawaii!!

Not sure how much meat there is to that. but I actually really like that for him. 

They suck, but if Chang keeps leaning back toward the RnS, that seemed to be the plan later in the season, and away from the Spread RPO stuff they were running early, it could be really good for DJ.  I'd imagine the fanbase would embrace him, which has to be good for his mental psyche after the last two years.   The isolation of Hawaii, and getting out of the national spotlight a bit, could be beneficial for his future in football, just based on how his personality comes off, through the mediums I see him through.  

If nothing else, it would be a fun development to watch on late night Saturdays.  

Edited by OkeyDoke21
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I do believe they only had like 1 or 2 televised games this year.

I don't know how many they had Nationally televised, but it was more than that.  I watched them more than twice.  Vandy, Michigan, SDSU off the top of my head.  Someone else late in the year, too, because I remember the offense looking a lot more RnS than it did against Vandy/Michigan.  Might just have been SDSU though lol; idk. 

DJ's name probably grabs them a few more at home, without the comp at that 11pm EST kickoff.  I would hope so, at least.  I'll find a way to stream it, if they don't get the national coverage anyway.  This probably is the least coverage they've had since before Chang was even there as a player though.  At least in my memory.   It felt like they were always on during the Chang, Brennan years.  Then when Norm Chow was there, too. 

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'd love to see that come back. 

6 minutes ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

I don't know how many they had Nationally televised, but it was more than that.  I watched them more than twice.  Vandy, Michigan, SDSU off the top of my head.  Someone else late in the year, too, because I remember the offense looking a lot more RnS than it did against Vandy/Michigan.  Might just have been SDSU though lol; idk. 

DJ's name probably grabs them a few more at home, without the comp at that 11pm EST kickoff.  I would hope so, at least.  I'll find a way to stream it, if they don't get the national coverage anyway.  This probably is the least coverage they've had since before Chang was even there as a player though.  At least in my memory.   It felt like they were always on during the Chang, Brennan years.  Then when Norm Chow was there, too. 

Maybe wishful thinking, but I'd love to see that come back. 

My bad, I meant the "late night Saturday" part. I usually equate that to "tune into CBSSN and watch Hawai'i until 1 AM." So, CBSSN covered the Vandy game and the SDSU game. FS2 had the Fresno game late in the year and BTN had the Michigan game, for obvious reasons. That Vandy game was the only televised home game for Hawai'i when CBSSN used to televise them all.

• Like 1

Just now, beekay414 said:

My bad, I meant the "late night Saturday" part. I usually equate that to "tune into CBSSN and watch Hawai'i until 1 AM." So, CBSSN covered the Vandy game and the SDSU game. FS2 had the Fresno game late in the year and BTN had the Michigan game, for obvious reasons. That Vandy game was the only televised home game for Hawai'i when CBSSN used to televise them all.

Oh, I got ya.  I'll shoulder responsibility for that mix up.  I crossed our wires talking about two things as if they were one. 

That Fresno is the other game I couldn't think of, too.  They might not get that late night Saturday slot back until they finish their stadium, either.  Which I don't even know if they've broke ground on yet.  They were playing on their practice field last year.  

1 minute ago, OkeyDoke21 said:

Oh, I got ya.  I'll shoulder responsibility for that mix up.  I crossed our wires talking about two things as if they were one. 

That Fresno is the other game I couldn't think of, too.  They might not get that late night Saturday slot back until they finish their stadium, either.  Which I don't even know if they've broke ground on yet.  They were playing on their practice field last year.  

No Way Family GIF

That's on me. I didn't even take BTN or FS2 into account. When I think Hawai'i football, I think CBSSN lol.

Why would Florida even want Graham Mertz?   The guy is absolute horse S and a walking turnover.

Grayson McCall, DJ Uiagalelei, Hank Bachmeier, Kedon Slovis, Brennan Armstrong are all out there and they take Graham Mertz, that is a freaking mistake.  Heck Connor Bazelak is not that great but even he is arguably better than Mertz, even JT Daniels is arguably better than him and Daniels is going to his four different school in what will be six years.  

1 hour ago, Ozzy said:

Why would Florida even want Graham Mertz?   The guy is absolute horse S and a walking turnover.

Grayson McCall, DJ Uiagalelei, Hank Bachmeier, Kedon Slovis, Brennan Armstrong are all out there and they take Graham Mertz, that is a freaking mistake.  Heck Connor Bazelak is not that great but even he is arguably better than Mertz, even JT Daniels is arguably better than him and Daniels is going to his four different school in what will be six years.  

McCall apparently has some academic issue. I'd take my chances with Mertz over all the other guys you named, except Armstrong. 

40 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

McCall apparently has some academic issue. I'd take my chances with Mertz over all the other guys you named, except Armstrong. 

Oh yeah?  You rip on Richardson this past year, wait till you see Mertz play.  You will be praying to have Richardson's talent back, Mertz would be lucky to be drafted or even play in the NFL.  Dude is pretty suspect.  

Slovis was awesome as a freshman on USC and if he could get back to that he could be something, Bachmeier has a lot of potential and tons of experience and DJ sure struggled this past year but he has size and obvious arm talent.  Mertz already proved he is nothing great in a run heavy system which Florida seems to have.  So why would he be better at Florida with receivers who are equally as bad if not worse?  Mertz maybe could be ok in an open spread offense where he has a lot of chances to make plays because if he has limited opportunities then his turnovers and errors really get magnified.   

Again the dude is crazy suspect and limited, seems like a downgrade for a team like Florida but clearly they are not what they once were maybe.  

Take who Kentucky got, Devin Leary, that dude is totally legit and a very skilled QB.  Florida should have got a guy like him and instead they get Graham Mertz?  That move just seems like a loss.

Donovan Smith was another guy who was out there and is super talented, he went to Houston or a guy like Cade McNamara who is very limited as a QB but I would take him over Graham Mertz as well.  Or Spencer Sanders who kind of sucked this past year, even he is more dangerous to go up against then Mertz.