Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

Ultimately, I think it’s just getting more and more clear that JRob racked up a big bill of mistakes and it’s time to pay them 

in no order 

farley

brown trade

radunz

wilson

julio

dupree

no Saffold plan B

Woods has been a waste of $

clowney

sure there’s more. We just haven’t gotten better in 3 years 

My conclusion is now that we tried to rebuild on offense while thinking we'd be able to run the ball and still field a great defense. 

While the defense did it's job for about 9 games. Ultimately

We have failed. 

4 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

When we had choices. Seem to remember having Arthur and others yet we still made decisions to trot guys out and  throwing to NWI and Raymond at key points. 

There's always questionable moments, but we had one of the most explosive passing offenses in the league in 2019 and threw for ~275 YPG with Tannehill starting. Saw a drop off in 2020 with the issues at RT and teams adjusting to our offense and it's only gotten worse from there.

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

My conclusion is now that we tried to rebuild on offense while thinking we'd be able to run the ball and still field a great defense. 

While the defense did it's job for about 9 games. Ultimately

We have failed. 

Then invest in a legit #2 back … or give Dontrell more touches 

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

On both sides of the ball now apparently.

No hits on offense and Fulton being the only hit on defense and he's really a good #2 boundary CB, not the lock down CB that Titans fans make him out to be. Autry being a big hit when you count free agents.

Don't agree.

Defensive was a game changing and winning defense. 

Simmons hurt and Autry. Is too much to overcome. 

Defense was keeping us in games and winning games. 

Offense has been the problem all season. Until today our defense was good enough to win all games outside of bills 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

There's always questionable moments, but we had one of the most explosive passing offenses in the league in 2019 and threw for ~275 YPG with Tannehill starting. Saw a drop off in 2020 with the issues at RT and teams adjusting to our offense and it's only gotten worse from there.

Well I'm saying again they clearly are rebuilding on offense. 

But our offense cost us two playoff games even with better talent and coaching. 

Ravens stopped them. Bengals stopped them. 

We have offensive problems regardless of who is at WR or on the line. 

• Like 1

Just now, KingTitan said:

Don't agree.

Defensive was a game changing and winning defense. 

Simmons hurt and Autry. Is too much to overcome. 

Defense was keeping us in games and winning games. 

Offense has been the problem all season. Until today our defense was good enough to win all games outside of bills 

I think some stats predicted a fall back to earth for our defense, even with the starters healthy, simply because we weren't good at things like EPA/play and were excelling in more volatile areas like the red-zone and third down.

3 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Then invest in a legit #2 back … or give Dontrell more touches 

Don't think even that would help. We need better offensive line. Nobody can run behind them. And OC designs makes it almost impossible to be consistently good. 

Just now, KingTitan said:

Don't think even that would help. We need better offensive line. Nobody can run behind them. And OC designs makes it almost impossible to be consistently good. 

Point is — we don’t want to change or move away from Derrick as a sole focal point AT ALL

🍆🍆

Just now, TitanSS said:

I think some stats predicted a fall back to earth for our defense, even with the starters healthy, simply because we weren't good at things like EPA/play and were excelling in more volatile areas like the red-zone and third down.

Bend but don't break. I mean excelling in those areas are great. Stop drives. Stop TDs. I'll take it all day and night. 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

Point is — we don’t want to change or move away from Derrick as a sole focal point AT ALL

🍆🍆

Yep. It's too easy to stop. 

Sell out to stop the run and not have an of that knows how to counter or use the guys he has effectively. 

• Like 1

We literally have no playmakers one either side of the ball maybe outside of the potential of Burks and maybe Chig. We don’t create pressure or turnovers anymore either. We’ve paid Hooker who hasn’t been that good this season and Byard has been invisible most games. Simmons is injured, Autry missing hurts and outside of those two and occasionally long the front 7 have been poor for a few weeks now. 

As for the offensive line, it’s actually best to say nothing because they are an absolute shambles we have turnstiles everywhere on that line outside of centre. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well I'm saying again they clearly are rebuilding on offense. 

But our offense cost us two playoff games even with better talent and coaching. 

Ravens stopped them. Bengals stopped them. 

We have offensive problems regardless of who is at WR or on the line. 

To be fair, I don't think anything outside of Ryan Tannehill having the worst game of his career cost us the Bengals game. I'm sure some of that is on coaching, but I'm generally a Tannehill apologist, and even I have a hard time blaming anyone but him for that loss.

Against the Ravens we had practice squad players at both OT spots. We couldn't pass-block to save our life, and the chances of us having an effective passing game weren't very likely. When you can't pass-block, I think it's hard to say the coaches should invest in more down-field shots. Sacks kill drives.

5 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Bend but don't break. I mean excelling in those areas are great. Stop drives. Stop TDs. I'll take it all day and night. 

It is great, but the point is that analytics has shown that most teams creep back towards average over time.