Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

I want to see the Tennessee Titans become a modern offense as much as anyone. I just don't think it's realistic with what we've tried to field as an OL and WR group over the last few years.

Our OL has essentially been trash since 2019 when we lost Conklin and Lewan went down early in 2020 with his ACL. Since that point we've had backup quality OTs at both spots for the majority of our games.

I like Tannehill, but he can't carry that load the way a Mahomes can.

Edited by TitanSS

2 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

McCreary and NPF have gotten really bad as the season has gone by.

I think they've both been really bad all season to be fair lol. I think a lot of it is just that the expectations are now higher while the level of play isn't.

1 minute ago, TitanSS said:

I think they've both been really bad all season to be fair lol. I think a lot of it is just that the expectations are now higher while the level of play isn't.

The team has allowed themselves to get into positions where they are having to start a lot of rookies right off the bat because of previous errors. For examples Radunz and Farley have been duds so this year the two rookies in the second and third round are having to be week 1 starters. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Also, Byard and Hooker have been pretty invisible all year. Not bad by any means, just very few splash plays from two guys compensated pretty well.

Literally said this the previous page. They aren’t the playmakers they are both being paid to be.

4 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I have fought it because I love old school bully ball. But it's time for us to transition into modern football. Or start to at least adapt it to what we do. If these last two weeks didn't tell us that, then I don't know what to say.

The problem is we aren’t even good at what we think we’re good at anymore. We’ve been bullied the last two weeks by teams waaaay more talented and waaaaay more physical than us. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

I have fought it because I love old school bully ball. But it's time for us to transition into modern football. Or start to at least adapt it to what we do. If these last two weeks didn't tell us that, than I don't know what to say.

you mean the last decade didn't tell you that?

• Like 1

Just now, titans0021 said:

A hard reset is coming fast. Not sure if it’s this offseason or next, but between Tannehill, Lewan, Henry, Woods, Dupree and then some tough decisions on guys like Nate Davis, Fulton and Long, the roster turnover is going to be crazy.

Davis doesn't deserve a top deal. 
Long deserves a deal within reason. 

Dupree would need to take a paycut. He is a great piece but paid to be difference maker. 
Lewan is gone. 
Henry at least needs a line and don't see that happening soon. 

We are looking like a middle of the road team for the next few seasons unless Malik takes off.