Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

4 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

bud "makes his few plays" about 2 or 3 times a season. fat lot of good it does us. was an atrocious contract at the time that looks worse with each passing year.

Yeah. Contract says he should be 10 plus sacks a game. 
He is playing more like someone that should be paid about $20 million over 5 years opposed to $80 over 5. 

I do feel that the goal was achieved at least. Autry, Dupree, Landry and Simmons was a sight to behold. 

Like most FA's we overpaid grossly.
His play today helped us little to none. 

And about this game and this team.

Again, failure to do anything in the 2nd half. No real reason to think it will change after 12 games. 

It's almost is it better to suck and not care about the team after 3 weeks or have the ups and downs of the season and be entertained until it really counts. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

No Might to it.
He is. Followed by Okonkwo

They’re our only two options outside of Henry, who is OL dependent 

Robert woods is AWFUL

very disappointed in his performances so far. Suppose it’s year one off an ACL and he’s not a 1, but man…zero leadership, zero stepping up 

Just now, deeluxx3 said:

They’re our only two options outside of Henry, who is OL dependent 

Robert woods is AWFUL

very disappointed in his performances so far. Suppose it’s year one off an ACL and he’s not a 1, but man…zero leadership, zero stepping up 

Awful and zero leadership is kind of harsh aint it?

Naw, he isn't an 1. I don't think he was supposed to be. He was supposed to be the #2.  
When he is the "best" WR on the field, he is easy to take away. 
Can't defend the production.

His season is a result of just an overall poor offensive unit. If I were to say. 

Outside of Burks and Chig  I wouldn't be opposed to clean house on that side of the ball. Coaches included. 

13 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Awful and zero leadership is kind of harsh aint it?

Naw, he isn't an 1. I don't think he was supposed to be. He was supposed to be the #2.  
When he is the "best" WR on the field, he is easy to take away. 
Can't defend the production.

His season is a result of just an overall poor offensive unit. If I were to say. 

Outside of Burks and Chig  I wouldn't be opposed to clean house on that side of the ball. Coaches included. 

Is it harsh? You’d hope a guy with Woods’ veteran reputation would have assumed a bit more of a leadership role as things started going south with our receiver room. Like to some sort of pride where he’s gonna step up his game as the lone vet in the room. Has brought literally zero to this team.

i also wouldn’t Scoff at cleaning house 

9 minutes ago, twotonebluenation said:

Are we at the point where we have to get worse before we can get better?

yes. we have a couple of young pieces to build around on offense (burks, okonkwo) but that's literally it. henry and tannehill, the engines of our successful run the last few years, are both aging and expensive and it's an open question as to whether we can or should keep them around much longer with how much work we have to do on that side of the ball. as others have said, i think cleaning house offensively should very much be on the table. whether it will be, i'm less confident of.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

yes. we have a couple of young pieces to build around on offense (burks, okonkwo) but that's literally it. henry and tannehill, the engines of our successful run the last few years, are both aging and expensive and it's an open question as to whether we can or should keep them around much longer with how much work we have to do on that side of the ball. as others have said, i think cleaning house offensively should very much be on the table. whether it will be, i'm less confident of.

having said that though....how much worse can it really get? we are 29th in the league in total offense and the 3 teams below us are all vying for top 5 picks in the draft. 26th in scoring offense. there isn't really all that much separating us from rock bottom, offensively.

So much excitement has been sucked out of me for the rest of the season these last two weeks. 

Also if we get the playoffs and just go one and done again, it can't be good for psyche of Vrabel. That would be 3 in a row. These things start to build mentally and with a locker room.

Idk man. The finish this year is going to be hard.