Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

8 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

The entire offensive identity of this team is running the ball and power football. Whether that’s what Vrabel wants or Robinson wants or both is kinda irrelevant —- that’s what we are and everyone knows it. And it is indeed safe to assume that’s what both Vrabel/Robinson want

to do so, you need a good OL. And Robinson has done an absolutely terrible job building an OL since he came here. 

and let’s be honest — what “kinds” of players do we even look for?

other than Burks … who was drafted to be a clone of AJ … what offensive weapons have we added and worked to incorporate into our offense consistently since 2019?

its the Henry show thru and thru. With zero OL to help.

I think it is relevant. You put emphasis on certain skills and can overlook players with different skills but better players. 

Ala, Hollister being a great blocking WR while someone like Toney might not block well, but damn he is a better WR. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it is relevant. You put emphasis on certain skills and can overlook players with different skills but better players. 

Ala, Hollister being a great blocking WR while someone like Toney might not block well, but damn he is a better WR. 

We didn’t draft Hollister tho. And as much as we complain about his snaps, he’s a #5 receiver and once Burks came back his snap count diminished a lot. It’s on Downing that we telegraphed runs when he was in games 

vrabel/JRob want gym rats that are coachable. Idk if Toney fits that bill (he may, but know he had a couple issues in NY and even so isn’t exactly making a huge difference in KC)

I can’t really criticize the early round WRs JRob has invested in. He effed up trading AJ. But Brown, Burks and Davis … I don’t scoff at that. All physical dudes that block. You can block well and still be playmakers like Burks and Brown. it’s unacceptable that brown was traded. 

but again. We are a run-first team and he has done an awful job at building the most important unit on offense, the OL

10 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

We didn’t draft Hollister tho. And as much as we complain about his snaps, he’s a #5 receiver and once Burks came back his snap count diminished a lot. It’s on Downing that we telegraphed runs when he was in games 

vrabel/JRob want gym rats that are coachable. Idk if Toney fits that bill (he may, but know he had a couple issues in NY and even so isn’t exactly making a huge difference in KC)

I can’t really criticize the early round WRs JRob has invested in. He effed up trading AJ. But Brown, Burks and Davis … I don’t scoff at that. All physical dudes that block. You can block well and still be playmakers like Burks and Brown. it’s unacceptable that brown was traded. 

but again. We are a run-first team and he has done an awful job at building the most important unit on offense, the OL

Yes. He has missed with his OL picks. 

8 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

We’re not talented enough and our last three major outside additions were Bud Dupree, Julio Jones and Robert Woods. Over the last two years, those three players represent what, $60 million worth of cap hits?

And a lot of missed time 

Just saw that Brown touchdown on Fulton, how on earth was not only legal by Brown, but a penalty on Fulton? Bizarro world, didn’t want to call off another touchdown I guess. 

Anyways, doesn’t change the absurd lack offensive talent and any sort of creativity. More of what we’ve seen all year, that’s just what happens when they face balanced teams I guess. 

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

Yes he has failed. 

What were the additions he should have made? 

Perhaps literally any single player other than Wilson and Radunz. Other than that…Don’t know. I’m not a scout.

but Cincy just re-worked their whole OL. KC re-did theirs after Tampa whooped them in the Super Bowl. 

Maybe it’s time for Robinson to bring in guys that can actually play other than Kendall Lamm, Jamarco Jones and Dennis Daley.

4 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Perhaps literally any single player other than Wilson and Radunz. Other than that…Don’t know. I’m not a scout.

but Cincy just re-worked their whole OL. KC re-did theirs after Tampa whooped them in the Super Bowl. 

Maybe it’s time for Robinson to bring in guys that can actually play other than Kendall Lamm, Jamarco Jones and Dennis Daley.

We established the failure in the draft. Just wondering who was the FA OL that was on the market we should have got? With the money available.

I'd think not to sign Swaim and find money for Saffod, but did he want to take a paycut and stay? Opposed to paycut and leave. Also his injury history was problematic like all the players, but seem to magically be healed when leaving here. 

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yes he has failed. 

What were the additions he should have made? 

there were a lot of good IOL available in FA last year that we could have been in on if we hadn't blown a bunch of money on bad players like bud dupree. laken tomlinson, brandon scherff, mark glowinski. morgan moses is a solid tackle. there were always good options available and robinson has almost uniformly chosen the bad ones since 2019.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

there were a lot of good IOL available in FA last year that we could have been in on if we hadn't blown a bunch of money on bad players like bud dupree. laken tomlinson, brandon scherff, mark glowinski. morgan moses is a solid tackle. there were always good options available and robinson has almost uniformly chosen the bad ones since 2019.

Gotcha. 

Bud was part of the biggest strength of our team. Could see a difference when he was on the field. Too much money for him likely yeah. 

Trey Hendrickson or Matt Judon could have been more impactful. Don't know if they wanted to come or not. 

Today, Bud made his few plays, like more from someone getting his salary.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Gotcha. 

Bud was part of the biggest strength of our team. Could see a difference when he was on the field. Too much money for him likely yeah. 

Trey Hendrickson or Matt Judon could have been more impactful. Don't know if they wanted to come or not. 

Today, Bud made his few plays, like more from someone getting his salary.

bud "makes his few plays" about 2 or 3 times a season. fat lot of good it does us. was an atrocious contract at the time that looks worse with each passing year.