Week 13: Titans @ Eagles. "This time...it's personal."

deeluxx3

Robinson is an average GM. That’s where I’m at. There’s nothing I can point to that I would say he does significantly better than average. His talent evaluation hasn’t been great in years. His cap management has reached dumpster fire levels. Autry is the only FA signing I can point to since making the AFCCG that has made a truly positive impact.

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Robinson is an average GM. That’s where I’m at. There’s nothing I can point to that I would say he does significantly better than average. His talent evaluation hasn’t been great in years. His cap management has reached dumpster fire levels. Autry is the only FA signing I can point to since making the AFCCG that has made a truly positive impact.

he built a team capable of making the AFCCG in 3 years, and then spent the next 3 years screwing up literally everything. it’s tough to evaluate that kind of track record.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I've always asked to see what GM is the golden standard. Then let's look at their track record. 
I'm interested to see how it compares. 

5 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

His cap management isn’t a issue 😮💨😂 everything else you on the money, this what happens to all teams who pay their roster & QB isn’t on a rookie contract we simply don’t play the restructure game like wealthy owners do, but he spends money when cal space available & the deals normally are deals the team can get out of yr 2 & 3. 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

His cap management isn’t a issue 😮💨😂 everything else you on the money, this what happens to all teams who pay their roster & QB isn’t on a rookie contract we simply don’t play the restructure game like wealthy owners do, but he spends money when cal space available & the deals normally are deals the team can get out of yr 2 & 3. 

I agree. the Restructure game isn't one we play.
However, how is that working out for the Rams and Saints?

1 minute ago, KingTitan said:

I've always asked to see what GM is the golden standard. Then let's look at their track record. 

We can (and you have) gone team by team to evaluate draft picks, signings, etc 

but like what was mentioned earlier … as a team our whole M-O is rooted on a dominant OL

and JRob has done an abhorrent job at ensuring that unit is a strong one year in and year out 

it’s kind of a “you had one job!!!” Type thing 

• Like 2

Just now, KingTitan said:

My opinion he’s a slight above average GM like if I gave him a grade it’ll be an 82. Though he’s fading to like a 77. He drafts solid not great not well, but solid what saves him is mid round talent. When money is available he spends in FA & within the exception of clowney & Beasley he’s been good signing FA or offseason trades. 

1 minute ago, deeluxx3 said:

We can (and you have) gone team by team to evaluate draft picks, signings, etc 

but like what was mentioned earlier … as a team our whole M-O is rooted on a dominant OL

and JRob has done an abhorrent job at ensuring that unit is a strong one year in and year out 

it’s kind of a “you had one job!!!” Type thing 

Yeah. if we are going to judge only by the Line, then you can call him a failure. 
But reality is, it isn't his only job and why is that the only job? Because the desires of the HC?  Does Robinson determine the offensive personality on his own?

Why are we looking for these types of players?

We don't draft small shifty speedy guys early. Why? is that because Vrabel wants WRs that block? WRs that are only interested in catching the ball and not doing much else. 
Is that Robinson's call on his own?

2 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

The rams 2 SB appearances & won 1. That’s damn good & the saints are a victim of holding on to drew Bree’s pass his prime 

The Rams did mortgage future for Super Bowl.  Can be said we tried the same with the trade for Julio and trying to get Bud in essentially a 2 year window.

Interested to see how the Rams are going forward. Stafford isn't going to magically get better in the next few years and have no real resources to add depth to the roster. Shall see.

Saints are like $100 million over the cap next season? Something absurd. 

Again, is that the best way to win?

20 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. if we are going to judge only by the Line, then you can call him a failure. 
But reality is, it isn't his only job and why is that the only job? Because the desires of the HC?  Does Robinson determine the offensive personality on his own?

Why are we looking for these types of players?

We don't draft small shifty speedy guys early. Why? is that because Vrabel wants WRs that block? WRs that are only interested in catching the ball and not doing much else. 
Is that Robinson's call on his own?

The entire offensive identity of this team is running the ball and power football. Whether that’s what Vrabel wants or Robinson wants or both is kinda irrelevant —- that’s what we are and everyone knows it. And it is indeed safe to assume that’s what both Vrabel/Robinson want

to do so, you need a good OL. And Robinson has done an absolutely terrible job building an OL since he came here. 

and let’s be honest — what “kinds” of players do we even look for?

other than Burks … who was drafted to be a clone of AJ … what offensive weapons have we added and worked to incorporate into our offense consistently since 2019?

its the Henry show thru and thru. With zero OL to help.

2 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

other than Burks … who was drafted to be a clone of AJ … what offensive weapons have we added and worked to incorporate into our offense consistently since 2019?

put some respect on darrynton evans name!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, -Hope- said:

put some respect on darrynton evans name!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not even gonna look up the drafts, but since 2019 draft picks at skill position…

evans (awful, Vrabel hated him)

haskins (why?)

Chig (animal but not a guy we work to get the ball. Also Jonnu for convo sake)

kyle Phillips (question mark. Also adam humphries for convo sake)

racey (almost certainly a camp body)

Burks (very good but not AJ and, sadly, hasn’t been able to stay healthy)

am I forgetting anyone? I don’t think I am. This is pathetic